VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday January 21...

Saturday January 21

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/21/17 3:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I feel like I lost a week! I was looking at the schedule for the next Patriots playoff game and saw that it was 1/22 and thought it was next weekend!

You guys were right about not overdoing. I ended up taking another 1/2 day off after my energy tanked yesterday. My SIL is coming for dinner tonight - it will be the first time someone other than DH and DS see me.  I think I still look weird with the swelling, but better.  I sure hope the 2 weeks between now and Florida bring me to a more "normal" look.  

I also added another protein meal yesterday after weighing without the compression garment (don't have to wear it anymore), and I was 114.25. Yikes! I'm starting to look like my mother when I thought she was too thin (she was never overweight).

Dave, you are so lucky that DW and you are so close and she is such an advocate for you. Getting used to being the dominant one in my marriage is strange. We were always very equal (both very strong willed). 

Paula, I hope the results of the ultrasound were good. You didn't mention. It sounds like you are definitely going to move to Florida - Maybe we will be "neighbors"?

Devon, hoping you are able to do what you have to to get in a good place.

Diane, sounds like you live in Pacific Northwest? All that rain must be depressing!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 1/21/17 5:24 am - AR

Wt 229 up 2 from yesterday   cal 967  It's days like today I think my scales are wrong.

Liz, most of the time I feel better than lucky with my DW.  We were married at 15 and 17.  The odds of us making it this long are staggering.  Odds are even higher when you factor in that we still like each other.  DW has always been the stronger personality and I think I'm fine with that.  At work I was always the worker bee not the management type.  (Nothing wrong with management types, I just know I'm not one)

Vyvanse update:  day 2 not as good as day one but still better.  Thoughts of N&Y are less...YEA.  Oddly enough the anxiety is less.   Would love to get both of those out of my head. Last night I actually wanted to eat something different for a change for dinner.  Hoping this continues to work.    

Seeking Peace,  David

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Paula1965
on 1/21/17 6:15 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Liz, thanks for asking about the ultrasound. All is good. My urologist said he probably doesn't need to monitor the lesion as often as it has not changed at all in over 10 years. He thinks I can move to an every 5-7 year schedule for getting it scanned. Not sure if Florida will happen or not, at least not this year. DH was expecting to hear back from the University near Fort Lauderdale by now but hasn't heard a peep. All in God's will and timing!

Wow Dave! I can't imagine getting married so very young! Glad the new med is helping at least a little bit!

Have a great day!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 1/21/17 6:36 am

No weight today, I kept compression wraps on thru breakfast.

Liz, I live in the Pacific Northwest.  We thrive on rain that would be called drizzle elsewhere. We are jealous when CA is getting "our" weather. I own 5 raincoats..  My dog Buster owns 3. We don't use umbrellas. We can never find our sunglasses which makes us voracious consumers of new sunglasses.   We are very pale.  Depressed? Maybe in the winter because of our latitude.  And, the grey doesn't help!  But, it is beautiful here, sandwiched between the coast and the mountains.  

I gotta say that I love Cape Cod/Boston --- that is a beautiful area as well. 

Protect your skinny today!  Maybe wear a pink hat, too.  On my way to the Woman's march, just got to pick out the right raincoat. 

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/21/17 7:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My mother came from Portland OR (my grandmother, grandfather and uncle are buried there).  And now my BIL (DH brother) and his family live in Portland, so I agree that it is VERY beautiful - lush and green. I'm a lover of sun and beach, so I like it here on the Cape.  BUT I love to visit there - Seattle too which I used to go to on business twice a year.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

momsy55
on 1/21/17 9:22 am - ME

Hi Liz,  I'm originally from Melrose, MA and spent lots of time on the Cape as a teen and young adult.  My BBF's mom rented down there every summer and then bought a place to retire at in W. Harwich.  We were down in the Falmouth area last summer for my BBF's daughter's wedding, and my kids fell in love with the place.  Been in central Maine since 1990.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/21/17 10:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes, there is a lot to love about the Cape (and Maine!).  We summered at the Cape most summers as I was growing up, then my husband and I rented cottages with the kids each year for a long time.  We finally bought a home here in 2009, and moved here full-time in 2014.  

momsy55
on 1/21/17 9:37 am - ME

Hi All!  Again it's been a long time since I've been here, and I've missed you all.  I'd like to say things have been peachy, but that wouldn't be the truth :), though lately I've been doing better.  Over the past couple of years, I've read different versions of the story about good vs. bad, and the one that wins is the one we feed. I have given my food addiction, as well as being negative, the form of the monster, and, trying to be healthy in all aspects, the form of my soul, and it works for me.  It doesn't feel as judgmental to me to say, if things aren't going as I'd like, that I'm feeding the monster, as opposed to berating myself if I falter. Lately, I have been using this analogy every day, and trying to feed my soul and not the monster.  I have, at times, still fed the monster, but the soul is the one gaining ground.  While things in my life, particularly work, are still in flux and not where I'd like them to be, I'm really trying to take it one day at a time, and not get so stressed out.

On a fun note, we have started learning our routine for this year's dance recital, and our costumes are cool, so I'm in my happy place about all of that.  Have a great Saturday all, and I'm truly hoping to be here more often.  I want to get reacquainted with all of my friends here, and get to know those I have yet to meet!  Hugs, Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/17 9:39 am

No weight today. Didn't want to face the music. Plan is to be on track today and suck it up and just get on with it. Possibly not the best plan, but it's a plan. My mood at this point seems to me illogical. 

diane S.
on 1/21/17 2:08 pm

Greetings Kind Friends

Well, glad everyone is mending at least a little. I am 132.5 today. Couldn't sleep last night and a big spoon of peanut butter flew into my mouth. 

Congrats Dave on your long and successful marriage. Good on both of you for making it work. 

Momsey glad you checked in. Have fun dancing.

I worked the art gallery today. No visitors. Its rained and stormed all week . The surf was huge and very dangerous.  Yes I am in the Pacific Northwest in California but almost to Oregon. Rain has stopped for the moment but will go on for a few more days. We are pretty safe from flooding but I hope none of my favorite haunts get flooded. 

Well guess I better get to the gas station before it starts pouring again. Thats the excitement in my life. 

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/