VSG Maintenance Group

Friday March 10

Shel25
on 3/10/17 4:45 am

124s. Why can't the family room paint itself?

The new fireplace was installed last night and it works. Maybe a little too well, the heat output on max is shocking.

BED....I can't believe that Vyvanse doesn't advertise on this site. Move over Premier Protein.

I'm a little afraid to check into those jeans. I need no more fancy pants. Yet.

TGIF!

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/17 6:28 am

Does your pharmaceutical expertise allow you to offer an opinion on this Vyvanse? Can it be taken with an antidepressant? I know it as an adult ADHD med, not as s Ned for BED.

Thanks!

Shel25
on 3/10/17 12:11 pm

most of the ADHD type stimulants increase serotonin to some extent so there is usually going to be a warning about using them with antidepressants. That isn't to say they can't be used together, tho. Do I remember that you will likely be seeing psychiatrist, soon? That would be a good person to determine risk/benefit for you.

Additionally, bupropion (wellbutrin) which is what I think you currently take, has a drug interaction that may decrease the clearance of vyvanse. Again, doesn't mean they can't be used together but if they are used together you might not need as high of a dose as vyvanse.

If I was having issues, I wouldn't hesitate to use the vyvanse for BED.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/17 4:12 pm

Thanks. Not exactly sure I understand the last part, but essentially it looks like a viable option.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/10/17 2:50 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Jeans: I checked into them - I ordered them (BED replaced by BSD).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

carbondated
on 3/10/17 6:34 am

Good morning everyone. Early spring? What early spring? More snow yesterday. Blech!!!!

BED....very interesting articles. Kairk all the best with this!

Dave thanks for the safe house information.

am hoping that those of us who are carrying such heavy loads have a better day today.

a great food day but no walking because of the dratted white stuff.

LeapSecond
on 3/10/17 7:04 am - AR

We have been having early spring here in the 70's. Suppose to snow tomorrow. Good thing around here is that it doesn't stay long.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

brownblonde
on 3/10/17 8:18 am

Wow this thread is hopping already!

Liz-my husband doesn't do any snacking either. Maybe they're onto something?

I find the trouble with dieting, or even healthy eating in general is we have so much information, most of it contradictory! High protein on one side, plant-based, Mediterranean, or even veganism on the other. Milk is good, milk is only used to fatten young? Soy is good or soy has harmful hormones? Eat small meals 6 x a day, or eat 3 meals, or even now I'm reading about intermittent fasting.

The good news is that I think an argument can be made for most any plan, and it's just most important to find what works for you. I have trouble because I've always been most protective of not eating too much in one setting, and stretching out my sleeve. In the past, at maintenance, this has meant maybe less healthy, but smaller portions, and/or eating more often throughout the day. I LIKE this because it's most liveable to me, especially the small portions part. It doesn't matter where I go, I can always fall back on that. And I want to be able to. However, especially with the snacking, the has gotten troubling. Especially for losing weight. I noticed that my snacking calories were getting to be more than one meal. And when I spread out meals like that, I almost negate the effect of my sleeve.

So now I am trying to really reduce/eliminate snacking. The phentermine really really helps. I know I will not be on it for long, but going into a deficit really would make it hard to avoid getting hungry. When I'm eating foods that I should be eating and that are "healthy", I get a lot of food for low calories. Sounds like a deal, right? And for most dieters it would be, but I don't want to stretch out my sleeve! So I'm tyring to balance between the two. I still rarely if ever do things like big salads with grilled chicken because that's just too much volume. I'm definitely still working on it. I'd say my biggest belief is in portion sizes. You can still get into trouble with 1/2 servings (my weight attests to this) but it's amazing how quickly you can prune calories by reducing portions across the board. Next I gotta say that trying not to snack really frees up calories for other, better things.

161.8, same as yesterday. Pretty shocked it didn't go up after yesterday's eats. A little worried about tomorrow.

Eating out stresses me out. I want to be a carefree fun person who doesn't have stress over food. Will I ever be able to have both? I'm going to try and continue to work towards it. I can feel myself going too far to the other side sometimes and I know if I push myself to be so rigid, I will break. It's not a race. I've done well all week. I could indulge last night. But I felt so tense and upset with myself before I even had a bite! I know there are people who can cut loose without drinking (or even eating). But how?!!

The positive: My food was mostly low-carb. My friend and I went to a happy hour and I had a glass of wine and she ordered a charcuterie and cheese plate to share. At least this was meat and cheese and I was glad we ate because it ended up being 9:30 before we had dinner. Some bites of calamari, split steak with my husband, another glass of wine and a few bites of potato.

Plan on working out tonight. Cardio day. And will try to have a light dinner. Still seeking balance.

VSGAnn2014
on 3/10/17 10:40 am
VSG on 08/14/14

I hear you on the socializing, BB. The more I socialize, the more food/drink/calories I consume. It's not going to a restaurant and eating a meal that causes me to eat more -- but loooong social engagements with food and drink you drive or cab to (not walk blocks and blocks to and from) that go on for hours and hours. In those settings, there are bowls and plates sitting around on bars and tables and end tables of the most unnutritious finger foods foods imaginable, and hosts, hostesses, waiters and bartenders working overtime to "overserve" you with alcohol.

Thank goodness hubby and I are both old and don't socialize as much anymore. :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/10/17 2:54 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm okay eating out with friends and family - I go at least once a week and usually order an appetizer which I often take home part of. I'm going on a business trip next week and there is a dinner included - I'm a little nervous about that...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!