VSG Maintenance Group

March 14 Tuesday

VSGAnn2014
on 3/14/17 10:06 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Aha! Yes, N&Y are important provisions. :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/17 11:37 am

I am here. Hopeful, but a little anxious. Will be transitioning to a totally different type of med. Bless Shel for helping me know that it's possible to make this switch and possibly add the Vyvanse after the transition is complete.

Down a pound. Not really tracking, but am feeling that I'm able to concentrate on proper eating. Luckily, I have never stopped measuring my breakfasts, morning snacks, and lunches. It's really only 3pm-bedtime that is the issue. Only if I'm having a super tough day at school does the bingeing take hold lately. Sure, the chocolate is always calling, but lately, I've been able to acknowledge the call and move past it.

Just the idea of trying a new med is energizing and motivating. My "go to" anti weight loss foods have far less appeal today. Any step in the right direction is wonderful to me at this point.

I was relieved and pleased that the shirt I took out to wear today still fit nicely and comfortably. WHEW! Body acknowledgement work is going well, too.

You know this lack of sleep I have had ongoing for years? Why did none of the medical professionals I work with ever point out to me ****il last week) that difficulty staying asleep is a symptom associated with depression? It didn't really hit until this morning when I took a survey for my PCP and sleep issues were a topic all their own. Um, hello?????

Paula - hope it's going well today. The first day of treatment must be nerve wracking for the entire family!

Diane Ocean - good luck getting through the blizzard! Cuddle up with your beautiful Sadie. She's a better companion than the chubby chaser anyway! (IMO anyway! LOL)

Best to all!

diane S.
on 3/14/17 12:29 pm

Greetings Weather Warriors

133 still. Its good. We are lucky here to have decent weather. No record snow storms. Not even rain but it will be back.

Lack of sleep is known to cause weight gain and I think medical people are "waking up" LOL to that fact. I have taken ambien for years and suffered for years and years without it. I understand wanting to not have to take it but for so many years I was sick of feeling like warmed over death in the mornings. So dreaded early meetings that I would lie awake worrying that I wouldn't be able to get up in time.

Paula hope the treatments go well and side effects are minimal.

Hmm, a dove just flew into the back yard. I will take that as a sign of peace.

Tonight we are going to a small concert at a friend's house. Should be fun. Might be a food issue as people are bringing finger foods (read: snack with abandon).

Well Dave, good on you for doing over your framing and making it right. Otherwise it will just bug you.

Devon I hope the new med helps. Transition can be hard sometimes but worth. It.

BB Your trainer giving you too heavy weights is what I fear about the gym. But I gotta have somebody to help me get started. Maybe I will be better off in water aerobics or such.

They are talking surgery for my SIL with the bowel obstruction. Not good for someone with all her medical issues and my brother can't drive right now.

Made tilapia last night with curry-yogurt sauce. Pretty good. Sauce from a jar and just added some GY.

Everyone hug your fur babies and other babies. Sure beats shoveling snow.

Sending the dove to all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

brownblonde
on 3/14/17 12:53 pm

The greatest advantage to a trainer is the accountability. Even more than a class--where I'm at least somewhat anonymous. Also, the price for a session is pretty steep, but that also is motivation to do it--and even those times he's not there with us, that's what I'm paying for!!! Classes are better than just starting without a clue (me), but the thing that worries me about bodypump, for example, is there are so many people and it's so fast-paced, I'm sure I'm not getting the form right. I alreayd have a bad back and don't need to compound that problem.

I went along with the trainer-weights at first, because I have a tendency to not push myself. And since my goal is to build muscle, I know it has to be difficult. Unfortunately, the weight he started me on was just too much. I couldn't even complete 1.5 sets, much less 3!! So I guess at the end of the day I'd say I'm really liking my trainer. But don't be afraid to speak up and be your own advocate and listen to your body. (and maybe call your own bs too when you're not pushing yourself--that one's for me)

Tilapia sounds good. I've done a curry-yogurt marinade before with chicken kebabs on the grill. Delicious. I need to try to be inventive again.

diane S.
on 3/14/17 1:01 pm

Thanks for the thoughts BB. The problem I have is my hands are a wreck. I have a hereditary disease that makes them grow scar tissue and gripping things is painful. Plus puppy galloped across my right hand and its swollen. So free weights are not so good. Machines are better. I hope to find a trainer who can understand these issues. My hand therapist may be able to help me out too. Have not seen her in awhile.

Good on you for working until you sweat. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Paula1965
on 3/14/17 1:32 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

First day of chemo and radiation went well, no issues so far. I am more fatigued than DH, lol! 5 weeks daily weekday radiation and once a week chemo - that should keep DH busy! I probably won't continue to go to these appts. unless he wants/needs me to.

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!