VSG Maintenance Group

Saturday June 10

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/10/17 2:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Aruba, here we come!

Weight 114.5, Calories 793. A tiny bit below my target range which is good for starting vacation. We eat healthy during the day and take a ton of walks (and swim of course). We also water walk/run to keep cool but have the water resistance. So pretty good during the day, but we do go out to dinner pretty much every night and there will be wine passing my lips. And some late afternoons people bring snacks and drinks on the beach. This will be my first vacation since WLS where I wasn't super restricted. We went to Aruba last year just about 9 weeks after WLS, so I really couldn't overeat and didn't drink. I will be tracking (and maybe weighing), so hopefully there won't be a lot to deal with upon our return.

Pictures if possible tomorrow. Have a wonderful Saturday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 6/10/17 3:26 am, edited 6/9/17 8:26 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 134.4

Macros: Cals - 1,641, Carbs - 179, Fat - 45, Protein - 118, Fiber - 24

Veggies/fruits: 4 (goal is 7)

Sleep: 7.5 hours

Exercise: Aquarobics class

Liz, I'm imagining water-walking in the ocean. Have a wonderful vacation. You so deserve it.

What a beautiful moon this morning! Earlier, I sat on our front porch with my morning latte and listened to creatures talking in the woods. It will be a beautiful day. I'm looking forward to being outside and in the sunshine for much of it and hope the sun shines on each of you.

I've loved this week's Kindness theme. Of all the useful themes I've chosen thus far, Kindness has centered me best. I may keep it for another week -- or choose another while I'm traveling tomorrow.

But for now, more Kindness.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

carbondated
on 6/10/17 5:32 am

Have a wonderful trip!

And I too am out on the porch listening to the dawn chorus!

Food was excellent but came home in pain after 4 hours volunteering. The building is about 1/3 size of a Costco and there is a lot of walking to and fro plus just plain standing around when pricing the items. Dang!

Happy Sat everyone, Kairk happy no school time.

diane S.
on 6/10/17 9:12 am

Greetings Early Birds

Gallery duty today so I am up earlier than usual.

Liz enjoy Aruba. Do an ocean water walk for each of us. Sounds so good.

Carbon sorry you are hurting. I bought some of that Blue Emu creme in a jar for muscle aches. It does seem to work. Also Votaren Gel which is a prescription topical ansaid. Opinions Shel please?

Kairk glad school is out and hope you can de-stress. Hey I went to Woofstock once. Didn't know the deal but loved that they played the Jimmy Hendrix version of the national anthem. Judges in Nehru jackets etc.

Well 136 today which is not bad considering I ate some junk food at the art opening last night. Finally got out of there at 7:30 and came home pooped and made scrambled eggs.

Try to get more sleep everyone. But it is nice to hear the nature sounds. In the winter here there is a small pond nearby and it is an absolute roar of Pacific tree frogs. They are tiny but so loud! Our art show is "Frogs and Friends"

Gallery duty today so probably walking in circles and staring at the Fresh Fudge sign. I have some heather plants for the garden but it rained and if it starts again I will leave them for someone else to plant.

Yep, DH brought home the Healthy Noodle from costco after I told him to look for Edamame noodles which I heard they had. I wanted the protein. But I am amazed at how good the Healthy Noodle stuff is. Spaghetti sauce and a little cheese and its like a spaghetti pig out.

Take care all and rest up. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/11/17 4:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I don't have Costco near us - I wonder where else these Healthy Noodles can be found?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/17 9:46 am

A bit of a late start for me today. YAY! Got a little caught up on much needed sleep. Will finish my coffee, put Ace in the tub and do the last minute trimming that needs doing before we leave at noon.

Ate Chinese last night and over did it just a little. I expected weight to be up, but instead it was down. Water intake was good, though and that always helps with the salty foods. I also indulged in a celebratory cookie from Peet's with my post workout java! It was wickedly delish! LOL! The cherry on the parfait of my day???? You guessed it...I HAD SOME ICE CREAM! Yes, a day of emotional, celebratory eating. Enjoyed every single bite! Have no regrets or remorse; only pleasant memories of self indulgent normalcy!

As part of my summer plans I have decided that a little more "me" time is in order. As part of my commitment to myself I have booked my personal trainer for Tuesdays and Fridays for the summer. I enjoy the push and I feel like I'm really getting to the next level of understanding how to build muscles and the eventual physique I'd like to have. I also like the proactive approach of exercise and lifting. Unlike "dieting" which takes food away and can be very passive and even punitive in ways, working out is an active, non passive approach to creating a desired body size and composition. That said, I do want to also concentrate on losing some more poundage, which will involve the "dieting" aspect of all of this. Goal is to strike a livable balance.

Yes, I love my meds. Fluoxetine is my friend! We get on quite well together.

I also have other "to dos" on my list, but some of those seem almost chore oriented. I must make a list on Monday of things I'd like to accomplish in the next 6-8 weeks, then winnow it down and prioritize the remaining items on that list.

Now off to the dogs I go!

VSGAnn2014
on 6/10/17 10:16 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Devon, you just sound so happy!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/11/17 4:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good for you! You deserve me time!