VSG Maintenance Group

Friday August 4

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/4/17 3:06 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Friday!

Weight 116, calories 1379

DH and I did go sailing yesterday and went to the town band concert last night. Overall it was a good day but he had a difficult night (waking up disoriented several times). It seems like he needs a solid 12 hours of sleep to stay fairly stable (we were home a little late).

Which reminds me that the Relay for Life that he usually participates in is coming up and he doesn't know why I don't think it is a good idea for him to go. For those who have never experienced one, it is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. People form teams and ask for supporters. The event is usually at a track and the teams take turn having at least one member walking the track all night from Friday night to Saturday morning. There is a candlelight ceremony on Friday night where luminarias in memory of or in honor of friends and family who have had cancer line the track. The problem is that when he goes he doesn't sleep more than a couple of hours. I think he would be affected for days after it. Hopefully he will forget about it.

I'm hoping for some beach time today (it will probably rain tomorrow).

Have a Good Friday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

JoeyJo
on 8/4/17 10:24 am - NJ

No weight this morning, rushing and forgot. I know!

My daughter is out of the ICU again and may be released this afternoon. It's so odd that she has to be in ICU one minute and is able to go home the next, but it's the nature of the beast, I suppose. My son is helping my brother move. It's a lot of work, but he is doing really well and is a big help.

Remembering that I did not have enough supplies this week to accompany all five days' lunches, I checked my garden (two HUGE plants) for red tomatoes as I was leaving for work this morning and found a big, fat ripe one. I just cut it up, sprinkled a little salt on it and it was DELICIOUS! I tried a little bit and ate the whole thing before my roast turkey because it was that good. Luckily, I had no problem eating the turkey afterwards.

My son and I are planning to see my BFF tomorrow. She is super healthy with vegan powers and makes us better. Her good energy rubs off on us and we pick up healthier habits. So Yay!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/4/17 11:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

She sounds like a great BFF and you need some good visit time!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

JoeyJo
on 8/4/17 2:39 pm - NJ

I am really looking forward to "coffee talk".

JoeyJo
on 8/7/17 9:06 am - NJ

She canceled at the last minute. big sigh. At least I got a lot of chores done. another big sigh

diane S.
on 8/4/17 11:54 am

Greetings Summer People

137 today. GRRRRRR. DH brough home some pizza so I had two small slices. Always causes the scale to move up. Nothing scheduled today except a routine doctor apt.

Yes Liz I see why you want to skip the cancer walk. We have that here too and in fact have a huge turn out for being a small town. Sleep is so important (said the lady who lounges in bed until 10 am some days).

Gosh Joey you must know all the icu staff on the first name basis. So sorry for all this. Glad your son is doing useful things and that you have a good BFF. Mine died a couple of years ago and I still miss her so much. The tomato sounds YUMMY. Hey there is farmers market today so maybe I can get some.

Carbon I hope you can stay out of that smoke. I heard on the news it was affecting Vancouver so it must be bad to hit the national news.

I found a reliable sounding pet sitter who will stay the night. Its an older lady who lives with her son and likes to get away. Win - Win for all.

Gallery duty tomorrow. Sales are picking up so I have to get busy. But first: more coffee. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

JoeyJo
on 8/4/17 2:44 pm - NJ

I'm sorry about your BFF. I would be so lost without mine.

I had another BFF from senior year of high school who got progressively meaner every year until I could not take the negativity anymore. I cut ties with her a few years back and it still makes me sad. She's still alive but not the same person.

VSGAnn2014
on 8/4/17 3:32 pm, edited 8/4/17 8:33 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 135
Macros: Cals - 1,382, Carbs - 148, Fat - 37, Protein - 96, Fiber - 18
Veggies/Fruits: 5
Sleep: 7 hours
Exercise: Yoga class

Late posting today. It has been such a lovely day for us retirees -- sun salutations on the deck at sunrise, a little housecleaning, some meditation, aquarobics class, a few errands, lunch, a long nap, crosswords and fika, ****tails on the porch with the baby wrens and, soon, dinner. This for you, Liz ... retirement is such a peaceful way of living. And yes, every day isn't always this blissful. But when it is it's amazing.

We have one more full week at home before heading up toward Vancouver. Shel, I'm really excited about meeting you. I'll ping you on FB and give you our Vancouver location details.

It's always so good to hear everyone's goings-on. Joey, I'm especially happy to hear your son's doing so well of late. Sounds like he's in a good place. And good tomatoes are so, well, they're so good!

This weekend I may mow. Or not. :)

T.G.I.F.!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/4/17 4:20 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks Ann - I'm glad you had such a lovely day. I can't wait.

DH and I just had phenomenal swordfish for dinner (we grilled it) after a perfect afternoon on the beach and are relaxing on the deck. Very peaceful...

Vancouver is beautiful and it's so great that you and Shel will meet!