VSG Maintenance Group

Monday August 14

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/14/17 3:18 am, edited 8/14/17 3:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight ?, calories 742. I don't think I can weigh again until at least Thursday as DSD is in the scale room. Yikes!

This is the last week of taking Friday's off completely for vacation. I'm taking M-W off the week before Labor Day while DH and I are go to Nantucket for our 36th anniversary. We went for 4 days last year and loved it so I decided we should go while we can. We had a great weekend in NH, but DH could hardly speak a sentence by last night because he was tired. But he was in good spirits! DSD will do some fun things with him the next few days (hopefully after he gets some extra sleep). I will be going back to my previous work schedule of long workdays M-W, then short T-F until I leave in December. Speaking of which there was an email from HR about a change in the retirement program on 2018 which I saw quickly just before we were off to NH. I'm not sure what that's all about, but need to digest it to determine if I need my last day to be in 2018.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

carbondated
on 8/14/17 4:26 am

Good morning everyone

great photos and stories. Bye babies and very very scary ladders. Yikes.

We have had wind and some rain and have actually seen blue sky for the first time in what seems weeks. The fires continue however and the fines for starting them ( i.e. the people in one of the parks got nailed for $10,000 for roasting their hotdogs over an open fire. It was one of those, " what were they thinking times " )

the first of the August visitors start tomorrow and will continue through to second week of Sept. Really enjoy having company but loath the cooking that comes with it. Lots of salads.

have a good one.

VSGAnn2014
on 8/14/17 4:53 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 134.4
Macros: Cals - 1,469 , Carbs - 159, Fat - 42, Protein - 100, Fiber - 27
Veggies/Fruits: 5
Sleep: 8 hours
Exercise: Deck yoga

As y'all know, I weigh every morning, but I pay most attention to my Monday morning weight, which today was 134.4 pounds. Because we'll be in Vancouver later this week on my surgiverary date (August 18), I'm counting today's weight as my third surgiversary weight, which is 1.2 pounds less than last year's weight.

I'm not going to do a surgiversary post here on OH, but have posted one on gastric sleeve dot com, which is where I started posting nearly four years ago. If you want a TL;DR (too long, didn't read) version of Year Three, you can read all about it here.

http://bit.ly/2vBVa1u

Today will be busy -- a last revision to my consulting report, preparing the client bill, and packing for Vancouver, etc. We're really looking forward to this trip.

Carbon, I'm so happy you finally are seeing blue skies up in BC. I hope it remains clear for a long while -- and not just because hubby and I will be visiting there.

This week's theme (which has been my favorite theme for a long time): Gratitude.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

diane S.
on 8/14/17 11:44 am

Greetings Fellow Maintainers

Well we had taccitos last night and as usual, I am up a pound! It always happens when I eat those things. They are not that high calorie - like 90 each and I eat 3, but I guess loaded with salt. I swear if I ate one soda cracker I would gain three pounds. If there is such a thing as carb sensitive, I am it.

Glad you got to see a little sky Carbon. Hope you get more rain. And yeah those people cooking the hot dogs should get slammed. We have lots of public service ads here about fire prevention - like don't let chains drag on your pick up as they stark fires. Well Duh! Anyway if you have guests, I say head for the deli and buy a roast chicken and salad from a bag. I am the queen of lazy cooking.

Liz have fun in Nantucket. Sounds like a good trip. And speaking as a retired employee benefit lawyer, plan changes hardly ever are to give more benefits; usually to reduce them or their cost. So study that memo but I bet 2017 retirement is still in your future.

Hey Ann, I read your post on that other site. I had never heard of that one. Will have to check it out. One thing that makes a successful maintainer is wisdom - knowing you can't have your cake and eat it too and that you have to make some sacrifices that are well worth it. I think sometimes younger people don't get this.

Yep gratitude should be our them all the time. When I get cranky having to wait in a line I try to be glad I have two good legs to stand on.

Hey we went out and bought a new refrigerator yesterday. It will be delivered later this month. Freezer on the bottom and french doors on top. The old one still works but it is ancient and I actually would rather just throw it away rather than clean it out. Had a good sales person which made it so much easier. Told her she did a good job.

Well the old dog is in the backyard walking in circles. Don't think she has much time.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

VSGAnn2014
on 8/14/17 2:57 pm, edited 8/14/17 9:47 am
VSG on 08/14/14

LOL! You'd rather buy a new fridge than clean it out. Hubby and I both laughed at that. Actually, your new French door fridge sounds great. Wish we had French doors on ours.

Thanks for your comments about the wisdom of maintainers. I agree with you that older folks not only have more insurance, but have a lot of been there, done that, failed at that, gonna try something different insights. Lord knows, I am smarter than I used to be. Just in time for senility. :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

diane S.
on 8/14/17 4:39 pm

Yep, I hate cleaning in all forms. Actually our refrigerator is maybe 20 years old, ice maker broken and just a matter of time before it gives up. So we decided to just euthanize it.

Many years ago my mom's crazy friend had a condo in California. She came to visit us and while there, my dad got sick and died. The long and short of it is that she did not go back to California for over two years and had left food and such in the refrigerator. Lets just say that what was inside was so terrible that they threw away that refrigerator. The insurance adjustors agreed! Part of our family lore. DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/