VSG Maintenance Group

Tuesday August 15

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/15/17 2:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight ?, calories 857.

Its hard to believe that it is halfway through August already! DSD is visiting from NY****il Thursday so DH has someone to do activities with while I'm working this week. It's a busy week with appointments as well: Alzheimer's support group tonight, WLS support group tomorrow night and Clinical Trial check on Thursday. I might try to get a Dexa scan and RMR test on Thursday as well while in Boston.

"Fun" stufff at work: The managers who used to be supported by my Business Analysts are VERY unhappy that some of their reporting/analytics are being transferred to people who have no idea of what it is for or what it means (centralization supposedly = efficiency). And one BA just isn't performing. This isn't new (she is the one who almost got laid-off but then received a stay which she didn't want). After a couple of months of coaching it is time to start a written/timed process. I wish I was already gone!!!!

Enough of my grousing about work - have a great day!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Paula1965
on 8/15/17 7:31 am
VSG on 04/01/15

143.6 - up a little. Yesterday was my first day back at work. DH did too many errands while I was gone and was super pooped. I felt bad for not being home to help. DS#3 got a concussion on Friday and had to go to the concussion clinic for a check-up yesterday. Thankfully it is a more minor one - he had already had 2 pretty significant ones. No ball until he is symptom free.

Off work today and DH is already off at appointments for himself. I need to get started on laundry - fun, fun, fun!

Liz, hope you can find a way to make your last bit of work a little more pleasant. Sorry about all the reorganization and downsizing!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/15/17 11:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sounds like Ben is doing well!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

JoeyJo
on 8/15/17 10:46 am, edited 8/15/17 3:47 am - NJ

No weight. Out of sorts. Big fight with my daughter Saturday. Concerned about posting this on a public website, not sure just how public it is, but I'm destroyed.

I know that I am the safe one to kick about, and I know she is overwhelmed, scared, etc. BUT I have been supporting her and her family for a long, long time while they went through all their medical troubles, SSI troubles, and other troubles with the understanding that I would be paid back for the big stuff, since I am poor and in survival mode. Anyway, on top of the rest, she borrowed several hundred dollars a month ago that she promised would be paid back within 2 weeks. When she got a big check, she said that it was not her money, it was her husband?s and her check would come soon. Not cool, a few angry words, but OK. She said that she didn?t think I expected to be paid back for camp, she wouldn't have sent them to camp if she knew. What??? Anyway, after this, her money came and ? wait for it ? they went out to dinner, bought and ordered in food the following nights, and bought a new couch!

Meanwhile, my mortgage modification check bounced! I borrowed money to cover the second deposit, but it was very scary. I was with my daughter at the hospital Saturday while I was on the phone with the auto mechanics and discussed if I should cancel an appointment to change my burnt out headlights. I didn?t have the $77 and didn't want to borrow it so I rescheduled to Wednesday when I get paid. She let me reschedule and started talking about her new couch (justification is that it was only $250) and Roku. I tried hard not to lose it, but she kept asking me what was wrong. It was ugly! Really ugly! Can't come back from some of the things she said, ugly. My son was there to witness it, which was bad. I'm heartbroken. She called the next day because she needed a ride home from the hospital. We drove in mostly silence, and I haven't spoken with her since. I know she needs me and will call eventually, but I'm so hurt.

diane S.
on 8/15/17 11:09 am

Joey this is so sad I don't know what to say. So much stress and tension for you lately that you shouldn't feel bad for blowing up. I do so wish you could catch a break. Sending hugs. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Paula1965
on 8/15/17 11:09 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Oh Joey, I am so very sorry for what you are going through!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/15/17 12:01 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So sorry Joey. This is certainly difficult and we understand why you need to vent. Interactions with grown children can be difficult at times.

diane S.
on 8/15/17 10:56 am

Greetings Friends

Yep, it is indeed mid august and our quick trip to LA is fast approaching. I am not even in that head space yet. I am afraid our old dog will die while we are gone. This past week she has become much more foggy. Walks in circles in the back yard. Sad to watch.

Liz do try to get the DEXA and RMR. I got an RMR years ago as a way of determining calories for maintenance. It was some ridiculously low number that my doctor didn't believe it.

Gosh aren't they finished with all the reorganizing at your company yet? Seems like that has been going on for so long that there would be nothing left to reorganize. And I am sure you know that if people don't understand the reasons for change they resent it. Oh well, if only this little group could rule the world.....

Paula, sounds like DH sort of got cabin fever and tried to do to much. Understandable and I am sure he will learn to pace himself when you are working. Scary about son's concussion.

DH is out for a walk with dog Chip and little Tesla is annoyed. I have a call scheduled with my mom's trust officer regarding estate matters and a doctors apt. later in the day. Still weigh 136.5 which I do not like but I gotta own it. Time for more coffee. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/17 6:31 pm

Happy Birthday to my mama in heaven! She would be 87 today. It's been almost 20 years since she died and I didn't think about her birthday until this afternoon. Felt a twinge of regret, remorse, or something about that. I suppose it's normal, though. I don't know.

The stress is beginning to take its toll. I'm tired and feeling the compulsion to eat - even when not hungry. Working on keeping it together. Am up a few pounds, like I mentioned the other day.

One of my naturally, disgustingly and jealously thin female colleagues had a snack mid morning during our math training. Sliced cucumbers, hard boiled egg, celery sticks, some nuts, and what looked like a bit of PB in a small container. This, I said to myself, is one of the reasons she is thin. I found her little box inspiring and it made me want to do the same. Freaking awesome, that! LOL!

I do not like being away from my puppies during the day. Hurts the soul! Had to spend a lot of time with them last night.

Let's all keep on keeping on!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/16/17 9:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'd love to snuggle with some puppies too.

I know what you mean about "naturally" thin people: my SIL has never snacked and rarely eats more than 1/2 a meal at a restaurant. She will eat 2-3 fries and leave the rest on her plate. Desserts don't call to her. She has always eaten this way without having to think about it!