VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Thursday, October 5...

Thursday, October 5, 2017

brownblonde
on 10/5/17 7:52 am

YES YES YES to chili! And I for one totally vote on sweating the good small stuff! It's so easy to get caught up in big world problems or even those big personal problems. At least I do. So let's celebrate chili, and yoga, and mums...and anything that can give you a smile!

brownblonde
on 10/5/17 7:58 am

Maybe Liz is right and I need to stay off the scale for a bit.

Weight: 165.6. How on earth did I gain like 3lbs. in 2 days? I did mention I've been really thirsty. Still don't think it's official weight. Hm maybe fluids up. I also feel some stretching of my stomach suddenly. Maybe my muscles can't do the work anymore. I'm kind of torn between being terrified, and excited. In some ways I think being fat before makes this less fun--like it's not a novelty to be big. It was a reality and probably the biggest fear I have (fat sans pregnancy, that is). ON the other hand, I guess I also have more respect that "it's only my body" and appreciation for all that it's endured and I can still think it looks pretty good. I still have stretch marks visible and some loose skin. And, at the end of the day, if it really bothers me, I'll have more stomach plastics. Is that bad that I jump to that? I've worked really hard on trying not to have expectations I can never meet. At the same time, I appreciate feeling good in your own body, and I don't think it's something reserved for just people who never gained weight/had kids. Does that make sense? I know it's not a cure-all (plastics) but if it makes you feel better and you can afford it, why not?

DH and I are headed to Colorado today for the weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends and fall foliage, and probably some cider and fire pits. And football. I'm really going to challenge myself to see the GOOD. There is so much good. I really do believe that.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/5/17 10:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm with you on the PS BB. I think it helps me stay motivated to maintain too (I spent the time and $ to get a flat tummy and I want to keep it that way!).

Interesting thought: Maybe when the baby has a growth spurt, you need more amniotic fluid, so your body gets thirsty?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

brownblonde
on 10/5/17 11:10 am

I think that may be true. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Because I've really been thirsty the last few days and I'm the type of person who can just not need a drink normally.

My sister said anecdotally she's noticed that people who get TT after massive weightloss seem to be more likely to maintain their weightloss. Hmmm. Idk if that's true or not, but I think it's more noticeable what's skin and what's not.

diane S.
on 10/5/17 11:01 am

Greetings Autumn Peeps

Its a sunny calm day here and I weigh 138. What more could I want? Oh, I know, CHILI !! Good plan Ann. Maybe I will make some. I am going out of town next week and I often make a pot to leave for DH who can't make ice cubes. But he is our resident IT director and set up my new iPhone and transferred all the contacts and games and such and has all our routers and hubs and such. He also does this for our friends who are tech challenged. I sure like the 8 plus phone. Bigger screen is so useful for this nearsighted old lady.

Great surgeon report Liz. Good for you. You have got the habits going that will enable long term maintenance. Thats what its about. My good habits started to slide a little around year 5 and I sort of need a jump start. Trying to imitate Veggie-Ann.

BB i suspect your body is telling you what you need to drink lots of water. Don't sweat the scale variations. Its only natural. As to plastics, well you will know when the time comes. And have fun in Colorado. Going to an OU - CU game? Nebraska used to have big rivalry with both teams. I think we play Wisconsin this week and will probably get creamed.

Diane O, have fun on the Maine Coast. Eat some lobster for us! Sounds like a great trip.

Shel, what hike is planned for this weekend?

Paula hoping Ben is improving and that you life has calmed down a little. We should all make chili and share recipes. There used to be this really good turkey black bean chili at this one ski resort we used to visit. I've not been able to duplicate it. But I guess maybe chili is not on the menu for Ben yet.

Zip lining vs recliners. I don't think I am too fond of either. A few years ago I might have gone zip lining but now I think I would pass. I don't care for recliners - they are sort of pre-caskets!

Spent yesterday chasing details on mom's estate and her friend Pats arrangements. Friends are rallying so I am grateful for that. Gotta get a handle on this trip. Not prepared. But first, more caffeinated veggie drink. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

brownblonde
on 10/5/17 11:11 am

No, I think CU is playing Iowa or someone? OU plays Iowa State, actually. OUr friend is a CU alum with season tickets, so we're tagging along. I've never been to a college game that wasn't OU, so that will be interesting.

Paula1965
on 10/5/17 11:31 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Ben loves Chili and actually made it for himself and the boys when I was gone last weekend! He used my recipe whi*****ludes 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef (or sometimes we use 99% lean ground turkey breast), kidney beans, chili beans with the spices (they are pintos) and usually black beans - usually two cans of each and a big jar of V-8 and lots and lots and lots of chili seasoning. Easy Peasy and we like it a lot!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

diane S.
on 10/5/17 11:38 am

Hey great, glad Ben is up to eating chili. Excellent! ds

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

VSGAnn2014
on 10/5/17 12:16 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Great recipe! Never thought of putting V8 in it. Thanks. :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Paula1965
on 10/5/17 2:36 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

More ways to get your veggies!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!