VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » CARBON! Come out, ...

CARBON! Come out, come out! 10/16

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/17 1:49 pm

Well, I'm down 4 of the 7 I was up after the week in PA. I'm guessing then that 3 of those were truly found pounds! Hehehe.....

Am preparing to go into WL mode. Getting things organized and prepped to make it easier for me to reach for healthy choices. Went back to a protein shake today. Found Almond Breeze almond milk at Costco again yesterday, but not the unsweetened kind I prefer. Still, it's only 60 calories a cup, which is doable. I did get a bit crampy about 30 minutes after, but the cramps were mild and easily tolerated. Hoping I can get back to the protein shakes without any further discomfort.

Felt quite resentful yesterday. I groomed three dogs and had none of the day to myself, so to speak. By last evening I was downright cranky. I'm glad I knew why. Knowing why I am cranky makes it easier to deal with.

Shrink today. Hoping to get tot he gym at least twice this work week. Maybe Wednesday and Friday. If I'm up to it, I'll go tonight. No banking on it though!

diane S.
on 10/16/17 4:12 pm

Greetings Homies

At last I am back from the trek to Nebraska to clean out house and deal with unexpected death of Pat. Oy vey what a week! Did a quick but nice gathering to memorialize Pat. Found her will and took it to a trust company to administer. Her heir is a lifelong friend who is older and poor so its a godsend to her. Nice things sometimes happen.

House clean out was a nightmare. This is a 15+ room house with 60 years of stuff. Younger brother really stepped up. After we culled the very few things we wanted, We had 1-800 Got Junk come and clear EVERYTHING out. It took at least 15 dump truck loads and 2.5 days. We had to hang around and kind of supervise to make sure they didn't move things that stay with the house. These guys are AWESOME. Polite thoughtful guys who haul 100 pound tubs of stuff all day long. Fill a truck and another one comes. We tipped them well and bought them coffee and pastries. Gave them the liquor and anything else we could. Their business recycles everything they can. I took pictures of the empty house. We had not seen the floor in years. They swept it out. Many people stopped by as its a classic mid century and one of a kind. Junky as it is I think it will sell to a flipper.

My mom still has two storage units and I don't know whats in then but probably just books and papers. Not sure what I will do.

Well I did not eat pizza but I did eat crap most of the time. Fast food mexican and the special Runza sandwiches and fried chicken. I dread the scale. Maybe I will do a green shake thing if I can make one I can stand.

Its good to be home and check in with ya'll. DH is at eye doctor pre op for cataracts so he left car at the airport for me and walked home. Its very near.

Looking forward to getting back in the swing of whatever it is around here. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

VSGAnn2014
on 10/16/17 4:42 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Welcome home, Diane. I just read your post to dear hubby about the 1-800-GOT-JUNK people. What a great service. We will remember that if we (or anyone we know) needs that kind of help.

I bet your Nebraska weight gain will go away fast. I know you're glad to be home alone with hubby.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/17 8:20 pm

I used a company called Junk King when we cleaned out my uncle's house in Denver. They, too, were awesome! They cleaned out a three bedroom house, garage, and attic for just over $200.00! I wish I could remember the name of the company my realtor hired to clean the house after it was empty. They were miracle workers and did it with a large crew in 4 hours and charged only $140. The was only 2.5 years ago!

diane S.
on 10/16/17 8:26 pm

Well we paid a lot more than $200 but worth it all. And we sold some stuff to a collectables dealer who was thrilled to get it. It was like being in an episode of American Pickers. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Shel25
on 10/16/17 6:54 pm

Glad to have you back. 15+ dump trucks! I was going to say Amazing! but then I look around the room and think that sounds about right.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/17 8:24 pm

Wow, I did not know about Pat. Sorry you had to deal with that, too! Glad you are home and that the house is cleaned out. I only had to deal with my uncle's 5 room house. I can't imagine one as large as your mother's!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/17/17 3:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I used services similar to the got junk one to clear out my mother's house when she moved to an apartment, when she died and when we moved from our bigger house 3 years ago. It is DEFINITELY the best way to handle house cleanout remnants!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!