VSG Maintenance Group

New Memer Hope2917

diane S.
on 12/3/17 11:28 am

Here is a post from a new group member Hope2017. For some unknown reason it didn't show up except to me as group administrator so here it is:

Welcome Hope!!

December 19th will be my year anniversary for my VSG and I have only lost 75 pounds. I was started out at 421 and I keep fluctuating between 346-359. Shortly after my surgery I was in a car accident which caused me to not be able to exercise as I should have been in the beginning. I got back on track and was doing well. Then my boyfriend moved in and I really thought he would be more supportive. He's not being mean; however, it's the constant bringing in of bad food. Sometimes I feel like he's sabotaging me. Because then he will talk about how slow i'm losing and that makes me more depressed which causes me to eat. Overall, I am just disappointed in my lack of control. I was doing good. Exercising 5x a week eat correctly. Then I hit these stalls, stresses, etc. that set me back. I understand it is not anyone's fault, but my own for my lack of success. I joined this site because I feel like I need to reach out for some support if I want to be successful and not look for it at home. It has been quite the load for me to carry alone. Simply put I just feel like a failure.

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 12/3/17 4:18 pm

Welcome, Hope!

Paula1965
on 12/3/17 4:19 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

Welcome Hope! We have a great little family here! I would consider joining in on the general VSG board too in you have not already since most of those people are still in the weight loss. We have a nice mix here of people newly at goal, a year or two out from goal and maintaining, long term maintainers and some with re-gain as well.

If you are looking for support, perhaps you can let us know what you are currently doing to help you achieve your goals (i.e. tracking foods eaten, limiting calories, you mentioned that you used to exercise but not so much any more) so we know how to best guide you!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 12/3/17 5:10 pm

Welcome, Hope!

Hey, my DH wasn't exactly supportive in his actions tho he very much wanted me to be successful. He, too, would bring in all sorts of stuff into the house.

It is in everyone's biology to want to eat what is in front of us! And, this "bad food" you speak of is likely processed food? You know those manufacturers have perfected the art of making their food appealing in every way despite being lousy for health.

You know it is aok to draw boundaries, right? In my house, food like that isn't supposed to be left "out," just sitting around. DH keeps his large supply of crap out in the garage and I don't even think about going out there. If I did, I would ask him to keep it in his locked car.

It went against my nature to draw these boundaries in the beginning. I needed help but was terrible at asking for help. It was embarrassing to not be able to leave that stuff alone. The conversation itself made me feel weak. But, looking back, it was essential to long term success. And, I still have to remind him every now and then, even now.

Best wishes on your journey! Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!