VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, February ...

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/24/18 2:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 116.8, calories 1968. With those calories my weight will be up again tomorrow. They were worth it though. We went out to a great Italian restaurant with friends from Cape Cod who came to see us from Clearwater yesterday.

I have been replaying last night in my mind. I'm not sure DH is talking at all during social events these days. I don't recall him saying anything other than ordering (which he had some difficulty with). I think I'm getting so used to doing most of the talking that I'm not paying attention to his lack of speaking anymore. I need to be more alert.

I went to bed somewhat late for me these days at 11 last night and woke up abruptly at 4:40 am. I am feeling upset because I found out that my son has been driving my car without permission (my 2017 BMW convertible). He needs tires on his car and apparently decided it was ok to drive mine while we are gone. He isn't insured on it!!! I found out in a txt last night, but left a message at 5:30 am to call me this morning.

So I'm up and drinking coffee at 5:50 am for no reason other than that I can't sleep. I think I'm going to walk dogs today, as they don't upset me.

Have a satisfying Saturday.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 2/24/18 3:36 am, edited 2/24/18 2:23 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 131.4
Macros: Cals - 1,701, carbs - 196, fats - 54, protein - 90, fiber - 36
Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 9
Sleep (goal 8 hours): 7.5
Exercise: None

Yes, Liz -- that's what dogs are for: they don't upset us and often take away the upset others cause us.

Last night I slept almost 8 hours. Instead of turning off the electric blanket at bedtime (I preheat the bed to make it cozy before climbing in), I turned it down to low. Perhaps because the bed was still cozy at 2:30 am when I woke up I was able to turn over and go back to sleep, which is harder for me than you'd imagine. I'll try all that again tonight.

Yesterday's 8 V/Fs were back to normal. A few of you have wondered what my higher V/F menus look like: Breakfast was homemade coffee lattes made with skim milk (so good!) and eventually a GNC Lean 25 swiss chocolate protein shake. Lunch was a turkey sandwich with mayo on multi-whole grain toasted bread with cherry tomatoes, spring greens, and sliced raw carrots. Dinner was a Healthy Choice Cuban-inspired Power Bowl with kale/greens, carrots, plantain (that's where the plantain shows up, Diane) with a whole, raw avocado sliced into it. After-dinner treat was a cup of fresh blueberries with ¼ cup of vanilla yogurt.

Yo, Devon! Those foods really satisfy me and make me feel full.

This morning will be house cleaning, a little home yoga practice, and home spa treats -- facial, long tub soak, washing my hair, all of which I'm looking forward to. This afternoon I'll go to the hospital to sit with my cousin who has been kept for observation. The docs still haven't settled on what actually happened to her yesterday morning.

Today's theme: T.G.I. Saturday!

P.S. Every morning now, I wonder if Nugget has shown up yet?

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Paula1965
on 2/24/18 8:35 am
VSG on 04/01/15

144.4. Day 2 at a normal BMI 970 calories with 117C 38 F and 70 P. Went out for sushi last night but only had 4 small pieces of raw white tuna over rice - no specialty roll like I would usually order. I did order fried ice-cream (which is why I made a healthy dinner choice) but is was horrible so I threw it out! That saved me some calories!

Liz, glad you had a great time out with friends. I wonder if they noticed that Paul wasn't talking much as well. Sorry about DS driving your new car. Sooooo sounds like something DS#1 would do! Kids! Hope you have better sleep tonight. Thank goodness for our furbabies that can help center us!

Ann, I think you have something good going with all of the fruits and veggies. I should give up my protein bars and start to add more fruit and veggies. I probably wouldn't get my protein requirements in though as meat has never been a big draw for me. I hope your spa day is relaxing for you!

I think Ben and I will go to the Greatest Showman this afternoon. DS#3 has his dance tonight so I will have to stay up to pick him up - might need to take a late afternoon nap so that I keep my eyes open! Poor Ben is not sleeping well at all and seems to be having more aches and pains.

So close BB.........anxiously awaiting an announcement!

Shel, thanks again for the dose info on the Cymbalta - I would have had no clue and suspect my PCP doesn't either!

Super Saturday to all of you!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

Shel25
on 2/24/18 8:55 am

Good morning!

I have worked out, need to tidy house next. But here I sit. Azz glued to couch. Weighed down by dog and blanket. Cut and color this afternoon. Beginning to firm up details of NoCA trip. Devon, will be in SF area probably 3/23-25ish should you be available in any capacity (coffee? walk? drive-by?). We will be making extra trips to MIL and FIL this weekend. MIL (who might be on her deathbed) seemed much more lucid than usual last night. Very odd.

Liz, I am sorry about DH's memory loss progression. I remember a Thanksgiving where MIL didn't contribute to conversation. Later, she said that no one wanted to listen to her. I think normal conversation pauses were simply to short for her to easily jump into the normal flow of group conversation. I think (?) she was following the conversation, just unable to jump. Also sorry about DS driving your car! Kids!

Ann, I thought your new book club sounds grand! Perfect for you, in fact. DianeO, hope your weather settles. Little Nugget, looking forward to your debut.

Hugs to all, Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 2/24/18 10:43 am

Greetings Saturday Celebrators

146 today after a day of total slothdom. I did a lot of work assembling all the tax stuff for us and my mom but it all involved sitting at a desk. Met with the accountant and things are in better shape than I thought. Dinner was roast chicken and asparagus. Plus 4 Andes mints. Didn't need those.

Rain today so dog walk delayed. DH is down 20 lbs on Atkins and it shows.

Liz, sorry DH is not speaking so much. My mother lost ability to converse and we had to change how we talked with her. Not asking her to remember things but telling her events of the day and encouraging her to comment. It was hard. But even is a person does not speak much they are listening and enjoying the conversation.

And yikes on the car but not surprising. Dog walking sounds like the ticket.

Well Ann, glad you could laugh a bit. Lets all try to make Ann laugh. And everyone for that matter. And good for you Ann for getting extra sleep.

Paula, sorry Ben has aches and pains. Wishing you both (and everyone) good sleep.

BB thinking of you daily as March approaches.

Today will be a good studio day. Drizzle outside but inside I have my little space heater.

Schel, looking forward to the redwoods rendezvous-vous. In the town of Trinidad the tap water is kind of icky so have some bottled water. There is a grocery store there.

Time for more coffee and to address the day. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

VSGAnn2014
on 2/24/18 11:38 am
VSG on 08/14/14

It's raining cats and dogs here too, Diane. I assume David down in Arkansas has the same weather I'm getting.

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,

ocean4dlm
on 2/24/18 1:39 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Happy Saturday all ! Nugget will be here soon...we're about to be Aunties and Uncle's !! Ann...so envious of your smart people's book club ! I can so we relate to the electric blanket thing ! I often use it to warm up the bed, then turn it down to the sweet spot that is just right to promote sleep. Liz...sorry about the DS car thing. I have been so fortunate with my independent girls and fully appreciate that I am always one heartbeat or choice from high stress. Shel...always appreciate your insights on medication and your links to current research.

Took the Vets to a local farm, where we have been given a plot to garden for this growing season. I held day old goats and two week old sheep as well as grooming a horse. Some of the Vets were fearful of various animals, and one of my functions is that of a role model. Picture a 6'5" 260 pound black Army active duty Vet petrified of chickens, but a goat whisperer to one mighty ram. I LOVE these people...so multi-dimensional and able to affirm life's unique messages.

Temperatures dropped from the mid-40s to the low 30s while we were there, and toe warmers in my much boots stopped working after a couple of hours. Looking forward to being warm soon, and checking in here always warms my soul !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

VSGAnn2014
on 2/24/18 3:59 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

LOVE this post, DianeO! Goats, chickens, rams -- all creatures are amazing. You're doing such good things for the Vets. Thank you.

Tonight I had nine deer -- does and their last year's babies -- eating corn near the treeline. Love those critters. They just bliss me out!

CC C.
on 2/24/18 1:56 pm

Late Saturday post! I fear I might be coming down with something. I have that weird hazy head feeling that precedes a virus of some sort. Hmmm. I obsess over washing my hands and using wet wipes after handling money, pumping gas, touching shopping carts, tying not to touch my face, etc. I guess there's really no escaping it if the bugs are after you.

The ABBA show was hokey as feared, but we had fun. The people-watching was better than the show. It was surreal to see so many sexta- and septuagenarians in the audience disco dancing to Dancing Queen. Especially the men pointing away for all they were worth like John Travolta. It gave me the giggles, but there was something so awesome about seeing people not care and give in to the fun.

Hope you all are having fun today! If not, I highly recommend putting some ABBA on and dancing a little. Waterloo perhaps? I may paint a bit this afternoon after I spin Ferg around the block...

VSGAnn2014
on 2/24/18 4:01 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Sounds like great fun! Would love to have been there, too.