VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, May 1, 201...

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/1/18 4:13 am, edited 5/1/18 4:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 115.6, calories 1240. Those calories included 2 small but satisfying cookies (as well as 107 g of protein).

I was so happy to see that Devon is taking a break this summer. Everyone needs one!

I hope Ann is having a great trip. I miss her posts and encouragement about veggies and fruits. I definitely include more of them these days due to Ann's success.

Paula, if you are reading this, I am thinking about Ben, you and your family and hope you are having some good family time.

No plans today other than having a technician come look at a rattle in my 7 month old refrigerator (I think it is the air exchanger between the refrigerator and freezer).

It is supposed to start warming up today and be close to 80 the next few days. Maybe I'll work with DH on getting the deck furniture out. Also, I made an appointment to have the picture below tattooed on my shoulder on Friday. The script in the middle will be in DD's handwriting (I'm going to take a picture from an old card)

Have a transformative Tuesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shel25
on 5/1/18 4:37 am

What a fun tattoo!

Someone on the main board (Gwen?) commented that she sticks with a new activity 5 times (or something like that) before she decides whether she likes it or not. Solid advice, I think.

I like the physical benefits of yoga, but the quietness that comes with it over time has also been helpful. It is such a great idea to have a complimentary activity to your usual walking, whether it is yoga or something else. I love watching you develop your retirement!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

ocean4dlm
on 5/1/18 5:24 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Off to my ninety minute massage, then my echo cardiogram. Knee is so much better, and the massage will address the sciatica from limping around unaligned. Temperature is supposed to reach 80 today, so lots of sun and yard time later. Sadie and Atlas are loving the warmth!

Happy May Day !!

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

CC C.
on 5/1/18 8:45 am

Weight 166.4

Good morning! I got up at the crack and finished organizing my donations. They should be here in an hour to pick it all up. I wasn't sure where my pickup would be in the day, so I didn't schedule anything else. Perhaps that's the universe telling me to use the rest of the day to reload my closet.

My plastics are a week from today. It's getting real!

Last night I went with my friends to see Love Never Dies at the performing arts center. We get all the big touring company shows and it's so much easier than heading into LA to see the same touring company. It's basically a sequel to Phantom of the Opera, which I loved and was also written by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Something about it just fell flat. The singing talent was exceptional. The sets were phenomenally elaborate and beautiful especially for a touring show. The costumes were gorgeous. But there was not a memorable song in the whole show. Disappointing from ALW. He seems to have lost the magic touch.

Thinking about Paula today and sending love her way...

CC C.
on 5/1/18 8:46 am

Sweet tattoo, Liz! I love Tigger.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/1/18 9:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Tigger (and all the other Pooh characters) were my daughter's favorite. She had a beautiful tattoo of tigger, Pooh, piglet and eyore around her ankle. I'm trying to find a picture of it.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

diane S.
on 5/1/18 10:21 am

Greetings My Peeps and Peps

Still at 148. How many times do I have to learn that I won't drop any weight unless I change some things. Just too lazy I guess.

Shell I am not surprised you didn't have any weight gain after the conference with all the hiking you did. Yeah, yuck food at such things. Our law firm used to have donuts often and then decided to do healthier with bagels or muffins. Really? Muffins the size of a softball. Thanks for sharing all the sleep info.

Great tattoo Liz. What a nice remembrance.

Cecily, sorry the musical didn't work. Seems like sequels never rise to expectations.

Diane O, glad you are getting some warm weather and the cardio scan. Walks are good for all. Its sunny here all week so our dogs will get walks. But nothing seems to wear Tesla down.

Kiln opening was disappointing. Two items of mine had small cracks. They are porcelain which is fussy. This has happened before so I have to work on technical stuff. Guess I will go back to non porcelain stoneware but the glazes look best on porcelain.

Time for more coffee. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Peps
on 5/1/18 11:00 am

Lovely tattoo! I love Tigger and all the A.A. Milne Characters! I'm particularly fond of Pooh. I somehow identify with him, though honestly, I'm probably more Piglet. Maybe I am a bit of both characters. Sort of like the way I have expressed that my mother and father both live inside of me and are continually trying to "work it out"! My mom was the addictive personality, my father the puritanical model of moderation. Both highly stubborn and somewhat myopic people.

Somehow I missed the significance of today for Paula. Was it a meeting with Hospice? Please fill me in.

Yesterday's shrink session was a good one. It helped me come to the conviction of making August a "trim free" month. I am pretty proud of myself for committing to this break.

WEight was up 1+ pounds this morning. Well deserved, so I won't complain. Too many sugary carbs as the day wore on. BUT, the lovely part of the day was I also got my OWN dog trimmed and all pretty with a bath. My old girl Keira needed tidying up - especially after her surgery. While she plays pitiful pauline on the table she was like the Queen Mum holding court afterward. She even played with Tank! She was feeling great.

I am, too. I am feeling at peace with the current weight. My weight is a symptom of my disfunction. I'm working on managing the disfunction, so that is really all I can do right now. I am grateful that I had my stress out a while back and that everything got to be too much. That, and Jackson's death, too, brought about a heightened level of awareness that I needed to actually make changes, not just think about them. Actively making changes is a positive feeling.

As for food intake. I confirmed with Shrink that the focus on ADDING more protein, fruits and veggies is probably a better approach for me than the idea of NOT eating something like sugar.

My foci/goals for this week are: Bedtime between 11 & 11:30, 80 grams of protein per day, 3-5 servings of fruits and veggies per day.

Yesterday I got 3 fruits/veggies, was in bed by 11:30, and probably got close to 80 grams of protein, but am not sure. I will have to check.

So, so glad I returned to my senses and am back here with my OH VSGM peeps.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/1/18 11:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I think you are on the right path. I do find that our "tool" works pretty well if I concentrate on the healthy foods first (no room and less craving for the crappy sugar stuff).

Paula1965
on 5/1/18 11:00 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Checking in! 139.something.

Rainy day here and not even close to 80 like many of you are having. Maybe 50ish.

Spending my day "off " cleaning. Have a cleaning lady coming on Monday but the piles of crap have to be picked up and organized so she can get to the bottom layer to clean! It wouldn't be bad if I only had to pick up my crap but there are 4 other people and two dogs that make big messes too and don't help out! It will feel good when it is all done though - a through Spring cleaning!

Ben will be presenting his "Last Lecture" Thursday evening at the University with a reception to follow. The whole family will attend. Hoping not to bawl through it all! I'll have to put a mini packet of tissues in my purse.

I'm not finding more tumors but Ben certainly is more fatigued, is eating far less, taking more pain meds and sleeping more. I'm anxious for the semester to be over so he can just rest! I'm not sure how he will do all of his grading!

Did you all see DS#2's Prom pics on FB? He is such a handsome kid (and he knows it, lol!).

Next week Ben's family comes to visit.

Love to you all!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!