VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, May 14, 201...

Monday, May 14, 2018

Peps
on 5/14/18 3:35 pm

Actually, the real reason for the fruit and veggie thing is that I don't eat them when I am in full addict mode. I live on carbs (refined and complex - but mostly refined), fat, and protein. Fruits and vegetables don't call my name to any large degree. I do really enjoy fruit, but honestly vegetables do very little for me other than trigger gag reflexes. Vegetables are and I believe will always be somewhat of a forced food for me. I can't think of anything less appetizing on the traditional American menu than roasted squash or a ratatouille. BLECH!

diane S.
on 5/14/18 11:51 am

Greetings Monday Miracles

148 so I dropped a half. Methinks it went into the potty.

Love the pic Liz. You two have the same smile. I know you said she is adopted but nurture counts for a lot! Glad you had fun.

Hey Ann, its always good to see you start the day. Yeah, sometimes you have to rest up from a vacation! Whew. My DH loved the remark about telling your "suitors" you are a democrat. Tee Hee. Yes it must have been hard to come home to an empty house. But you already know that a good way to get through rough feelings is just to take some kind of action. Any action or activity seems to get a person out of a sad mindset.

Hey Miss150 congrats on getting a daughter in law soon. Hope she is a good one.

Peps, glad you got some fruits. I think they are good in that they fill you and help you not eat other junk. I find an apple really filling. I also like grapes. During weight loss phase they were my candy.

Well driving the Bolt is quite an adventure, It keeps telling me I am speeding when I am not. It also tells you when a vehicle is approaching from either side. It probably tells you the meaning of life but I haven't figured out how to access that yet.

Today is gallery banking, trip to pharmacy, kiln opening and lordy do I need a hair appointment. I currently have the undefined old lady haircut.

DH is still on an EV high. He is talking to the power company discussing rate plans, charging schedule and bla bla bla.

Oh well. time to move on to some productive activity. But first must finish this cup of coffee. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

VSGAnn2014
on 5/14/18 2:20 pm
VSG on 08/14/14
Funny stuff, Diane. Your DH's EV high is a vivid image. And the two old nerds burning rubber story was funny, too.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

CC C.
on 5/14/18 1:46 pm

Hi all!

I have no idea what I weight, but whatever it is, I have a flat tummy and tiny thighs to go with it!

So I got home from the 5 days at the recovery center yesterday afternoon. My good friend and her lovely husband made the trek. My friend was very dubious that I was going to be okay alone (apparently I looked awful), but I have been, albeit with a lot of help from visiting friend fairies.

3 people have changed my drains and catheter bag and all deserve a medal for that foul job! 2 additional ones have brought me protein shakes and water. Another terrific friend was at my house at 5:45 this morning to change drains another two have come since and 3 more take me to this evening. I feel blessed!

On the TMI front, I had my first post surgery poop emergency and made it to the bathroom today all by myself, got my garments undone and took care of business. So much for this constipation we're all supposed to have with pain meds! The walk back to my chair felt like an exhausting hour.

Still no shower and I won't for a long time, but I'm praying for a new garment as this one smells meaning I smell and I want to wa**** but am not yet allowed to take it off. But body wipes, deodorant, and dry shampoo are my current friends.

I posted these in the PS forum, but they amaze me so much I'll put them here:

Post op follow up #1 is Wednesday. I'm hoping to be able to stand long enough to start heating up all the food I put together last month.

So to sum up, this was the most painful thing I've ever done to myself and am so glad arms and breast are apparently much easier! I'm feeling better, gaining some strength, have great friends, drinking a ton of protein shakes, and feel smelly.

CC C.
on 5/14/18 1:47 pm

Edit to add, he took 11.1 pounds off of me!

VSGAnn2014
on 5/14/18 2:25 pm
VSG on 08/14/14
These pix and your stories make me bow down. You're going to be wearing midriff-baring crop tops! If my tummy looked like that I'd certainly show it off every day.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

CC C.
on 5/14/18 9:14 am

Any midriff bearing I've done in this life was unintentional and likely unwelcomed by any who were unlucky enough to see it. This will be an adjustment! But at 46, I still may keep this puppy covered simply for decorum sake.

Peps
on 5/14/18 3:41 pm

Hehehe! I love pain meds! You must have been stoned, girl, when you posted this:

Cecily's post from 5/9

You are so very lucky to have such thoughtful friends! I didn't realize you would still need so much help almost a week out from surgery. Wow!

CC C.
on 5/14/18 4:10 pm

Oh lordy, you're right! I blame the drugs not my aging memory!

I didn't realize it either. So lucky to have them come to my rescue.

Miss150
on 5/14/18 5:43 pm

Your support community sounds outstanding! Take it slow- everything slow. Resting, eating, hydrating, and bathroom necessities- allow 4 times the time for these and call it a victory. Let the healing begin.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!