VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, May 19, 2...

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/19/18 3:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 116.6, calories 850. Just as predicted my weight is up a bit from the almond eating two days ago. Interesting how some effects are immediate (sodium) and some delayed. If I was truly interested, I might graph nutrients vs weight (I do graph calories vs weight), but I don't think I really want to go that far...

I took DH to a memory art session yesterday (for people with dementia and their caretakers). We made pottery together! Mine were very sad looking (you'd laugh Diane S.), but DH had a good time. He made a sailboat with a guy sitting in it and named it "Miss Liz", and also made a dog (Justice). I'll take pictures when we pick them up in a month after they are fired. Maybe we will do another session then and I'll come with ideas on VERY simple things for me to make (LOL).

This weekend there is nothing scheduled but rain. If it isn't bad I might go to a plant sale, but that's probably it. It will be a nice break.

Have a successful Saturday (regardless of what you do or in my case don't do).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 5/19/18 5:13 am, edited 5/19/18 7:27 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 132.2

Macros: Cals 1,593, carbs 167, fats 43, protein 92, fiber 28

V/F servings: 8

Sleep: 8 hours

Exercise: Walking, physical therapy, mowing

My ISP is down again, or maybe it's my Wi-Fi. Either way, I don't have internet service here at the house and am dictating this on my cell phone.

In other news, both my lawn mowers were returned yesterday, so I am back in the mowing business.

Last night I attended the pinning ceremony of a 35 year old young woman who graduated from nursing school as a registered nurse. As a nurse's aide she was an integral part of our family for a dozen years and oversaw the home care and caregiver team for my mother who lived with us 8 years. I'm so proud of her for going back to school to earn her RN degree. I was also impressed by the commitment of the nursing faculty who spoke and the self-pride their students, including at least one grandmother, exuded after completing what was obviously a challenging course of study. I couldn't help but think about the thousands of lives that will be enriched by everyone sitting on that stage. #EducationRocks

My weight is down again this morning after 7 familiar sounding vegetables and some strawberries and even a glass of wine and a McDonald's vanilla ice cream cone.

By the way I've asked a few people how they tackle procrastination and have gotten some interesting responses. It's apparently an issue that bothers people, which does not surprise me at all.

It's a beautiful morning here. Today I'll be mowing in the country and going into town for graduation luncheon and weekend errands.

Today's theme: Today is a gift. Open it

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

brownblonde
on 5/19/18 6:40 am

Can you please bottle up you zest for life and sell it?

And I'm so thrilled for your eating habits--they are exactly what I hope to emulate when I grow up :)

VSGAnn2014
on 5/19/18 2:30 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Bonnie, that's so sweet. You made my day. You really did!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/19/18 5:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shel25
on 5/19/18 5:32 am

Hello All!

Ann, I'm also a procrastinator and am interested in your research. Lists do me no good because I don't feel bound to them. Like Dave (I think), I overthink a looming task and then am shocked at how easy it was, especially in comparison to the time I spent worrying about it not being done (all the while fighting the compulsion to sooth myself with a pork chop)

My mom and dad are coming in mid June. That means that I am pre-shamed into watering and weeding my mini garden. I know I have mentioned my roots are in an Iowa farm. I know my usual ad hoc approach is not the way things should be done. (In my defense, I do get plenty of vegetables to eat, and isn't that the point?)

I think tomatoes will go in this weekend and I will redo the herb tower. After that, all that is required is maintenance, my nemesis.

My bigger mountain hike (with potential views) has shifted to tomorrow for slightly better weather. I might get down to a woodland hike later today.

BB, are you back home? Paula, thinking of you and family, always!

Gotta get ready for the gym.

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

brownblonde
on 5/19/18 6:43 am

Yep, we got home Thursday!

I'd like to have a little herb garden. Herbs can pack so much punch for no calories.

Lists help me with procrastination, but only so long as I stop and say "hey, what can I get done here." Sometimes I feel like the Dave Ramsey approach to procrastination--get rid of all those little nagging "debts"/to-do items so at least my list looks smaller and more manageable. On the other hand, I've heard "first eat the frog", aka get the task you least look forward to out of the way first thing.

ocean4dlm
on 5/19/18 6:34 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Up a pound after five consecutive meals on the road and more fruits than vegetables yesterday, most of those being soaked in the glass of Sangria I enjoyed in the sun. I've been trying to catch up on posts. When I was working, the world of lists and lists of lists overtook me. Like Dave mentioned, some of the huge projects began to seem daunting and were often difficult to start. My work around was to chunk the enormous task into smaller, manageable, finite pieces I could list out. address and cross off individually. The lists, post-its could become overwhelming and often weren't where I needed them to be. I'd take screen shots on my phone until I found the Cozi ap for my phone, which is a fabulous list manager ! In retirement, Cozi meets most of my needs.

Cecily- I hope you are feeling more human every day, and that your UTIish issues resolve quickly. The pictures of Fergie with the hose were priceless ! Carbon, I almost felt like I was there experiencing the raccoons too ! Diane, I hope your relationship with Buzz is progressing well ! Too much of a big brother tattle tale to name Cupcake, I'm thinking. BB, welcome home ! I'm confident your quest for balance during change will be successful ! Dave; fried computer, AC woes AND a rattlesnake as you balance pain and productivity ! You DO ROCK ! Shel, loved your continued hikes, timed mile AND I am busy being awesome ! Wrote that down for sure !! Miss 150, love that you are on summer break and that you have one more year. Yesterday, I was in a Verizon store when a female customer came in in a rage, threatening to call the police because a dysfunctional accessory was not working correctly. I had a flashback to some of the parents/situations I've diffused and absolutely know with total certainty why I'm done. Liz, congratulations on your two year surgiversary, new support group, and foray into ceramics ! Ann, I don't know which I envy more...your book club or all of that mowing in front of you ! Devon... I so enjoy your astonishment over the impact healthy eating is having on you ! Paula, I hope Ben's grading is done and that you and your family can enjoy the weekend. You are in my thoughts and hugs your way.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Shel25
on 5/19/18 8:11 am

For a while, my whole family was using Cozi.....it was so terrific for grocery lists/calendar. DD eventually rebelled (as a teenagers are supposed to) so it currently isn't used. Of course, I won't use it just for myself :)

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

brownblonde
on 5/19/18 6:53 am, edited 5/18/18 11:53 pm

Weight: 169

Calories yesterday were around 1800. Definitely wanted them to be lower, but as I am detoxing from vacay and had probably the most challenging day on record with baby, I consider it a win.

Small manageable changes, that's the name of the game.

B: 3 chicken minis from chick fil a, and a split fruit salad with DH

L: turkey sub, baked lays

S: sharp white cheddar and glass of wine (this is the thing I know I could've skipped)

D: 3 oz. filet, half baked sweet potato with couple sprays i can't believe it's not butter (no brown sugar! sweet enough!), small Caesar salad

I think Becca had a terrible stomach ache yesterday. She wasn't wanting to eat much, which made her upset, which kept her from sleeping, which made her more upset. DH was trying to clean and open the pool so that meant I was trying to soothe her all day. Finally made it to the grocery store to pick up healthy eats.

This morning we are taking my mother and grandmother out to brunch for make up mother's day. I know I'm going to be tempted. At least my sister and I can split (we both had VSG on the same day nearly 8 years ago)

Bonnie-thank you for the reassurance! I do think you're right about this being a gift. I just have to keep trying to remind myself of that. I am a bit extreme in my desire for consistency and certainty and no change. Which is unattainable. I'm a person of faith and so I need to try and know that this is God's plan and trust in it. Actually, it sounds like DH may have a consulting gig that will take him out of town every other week for a little while. I'm most excited for him to feel productive. Since being at home, caring for a baby, I can see how isolating that can feel, and also how it can make you feel so unaccomplished! And yet it's very hands-on!!