VSG Maintenance Group

Sunday. May 27

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/27/18 1:54 pm, edited 5/27/18 6:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Paula, If you see this, I just read your CaringBridge update. It sounds like a good time to take your leave so you can be there for Ben. He has such dignity and strength as do you. Love to you and your family

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shel25
on 5/27/18 3:17 pm

Paula, I also wanted to chime in as you move into this next stage. I'm glad you will be home; seems like your mind and heart would be at home even if you tried to work.

I'm so glad that Ben was able to see DS2 graduate, the hiccups have abated and is keeping his spirits up even with his body is so tired.

Lots of hugs to you and your family!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 5/27/18 7:04 pm

Paula, I also saw your caring bridge post and think you are doing the right thing. Enjoy these days and don't hesitate to take whatever is offered. Blessings. DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Peps
on 5/27/18 5:20 pm

Dratto! I had a post all written up, which I had been writing on and off all morning, and then I accidentally closed the browser window...BOOOOOO! I shall attempt to reconstruct....

1st, Paula, so happy that DS#2's graduation was a happy occasion and that Ben was able to go. The photo with you and Addison is fantastic. You look positively radiant and beautiful. I have since read your caring bridge post. I think you are right to take your leave now. The timing seems right.

Ann, your FB of pictures displaying your little corner of Eden sent me to my computer to surf homes/property for sale in your hood on Realtor.com. Lots and lots to choose from at super reasonable prices when compared to CA. However, I have the sneaking suspicion that the population in your locale is rather conservative and the gay retiree from CA might not be a good fit. I should see what dog shows are available in that region! LOL! It certainly is gorgeous where you live. I can see myself enjoying such beautiful surroundings with my dogs. Are you in the Ozark Mountain area? (I am very unfamiliar with your area of the country!)

Those in charge of the scales did not smile upon me with favor today. I am up 1.5ish since Friday. I am going to blame the rise in number on the fact that I did 3 sets of RDLs and my hamstrings are sore, sore, sore. Added weights to my chest presses, too, so the pecs are a tad sore, as well.

Kairk confidential... We had a solar power plan for the house presentation scheduled yesterday. The "kid" that is the sales manager is a 24 year old from Coral Gables Florida with the body of a demigod and a face to match. He's a former professional model and a youtuber who goes by the moniker Hershel Strong. To top off the physical appearance was the fact that he is utterly charming with twinkling ice blue eyes. So, even though I am 30 years his senior, I confess, I had an OMG I CAN'T HELP BUT HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU boy crush going on during his stay. Ron admitted to the same. Now that that's out of the way, he confessed to having an "Ice Cream Addiction". At that point, I had to ask about his diet, etc... Turns out he is very practical. Check this out: in his work as a health role model is does several things. The first is that he has all his clients (and he practices this every single Sunday) empty out the fridge and pantry (garage - any food storage area). He wants everyone to start with an absolutely clean slate - ground zero. He then does all his shopping and food prep on Sundays. He (like I) can eat the same things week in, week out (which drives Ron insane). He has found his 'calorie sweet spot" this way without counting calories. (Interesting, no?). Next is this: HE GOES TO BED AROUND 9 PM EVERY SINGLE DAY AND GETS UP AND IS AT THE GYM AT 5 AM! It's his recipe for success.

I know that is not my recipe. I'm simply not wired that way, however, Ron wants to clean out the "pantry" and start with a clean slate. Since he's on board, I think we will do just that tomorrow. Wish us luck!!!!!

Going to see the Book Club tonight. Looks like a great movie. Hope it's as wonderfully funny as it looks in the promos.

Shel25
on 5/27/18 5:47 pm

Well, he IS a cutie-patootie! Hershel Strong

Also, we must be related because his first name contains shel and Strong is a grandma's maiden name. My dad has always said that "all Strongs are related." I have tromped thru graveyards in MA to find the final resting spot of the first Strong (a pilgrim)

(I don't care that it its a moniker. I want to be related to him.)

Just how strong is his mojo to get Ron on board like that? Some people are so charismatic! And, I agree his advise is practical/pragmatic. Good for him and good for you both, too. Who knows, maybe you will learn you have alternate wiring that surprises you :)

Have fun!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

diane S.
on 5/27/18 7:02 pm

Well good for Hershel, but you will NEVER catch me fixing meals with my shirt off.

DS

CC C.
on 5/27/18 7:06 pm

I'd eat the same thing every day if he meal prepped shirtless in my kitchen every Sunday...

diane S.
on 5/27/18 7:36 pm

Yeah but ladies, think of the grease spatter issues when cooking with no shirt. NO thanks!

diane S.
on 5/27/18 7:06 pm

Peps, there are loads of dog shows in the midwest. Fewer in the summer due to heat but most are indoors. Lovely averages at reasonable prices. But lord, the winters! DS

Shel25
on 5/27/18 7:21 pm

I'm thinking that Missouri is milder.....perhaps it is the sweet spot for weather? Some cold and ice but not long lasting? Humid, tho, in the summer. How do you do with humidity, Peps?

Peps could find an old house with a lot of original woodwork, too. (I am assuming that the farmhouses there are much like the farmhouses I grew up in....).