VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, November 10...

Friday, November 10, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/10/23 5:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Another sunny, warm day! Yesterday DH had a successful "wound check". He can remove the waterproof covering next Thursday and is cleared for swimming at that point. Which is good as we leave for the Thanksgiving cruise the following day. DH slept on his left side for a while last night which some people can't do comfortably for several weeks supposedly so I guess the soreness has completely subsided. We also had a lot of furniture hauled away by Habitat for Humanity. Man those guys are big and strong!

So the altercation at the pool was just uncomfortable and I am guessing may be part of a larger issue. There is a couple in my building who apparently never attends these get togethers but nobody seemed to know (or admit) why. This couple came down to the pool to yell at the group for allegedly kicking their sister/SIL out of the pool area. She told her relatives that she had been rudely informed that she didn't belong there even though she told them that she was visiting family in the building. A rather cantankerous sounding woman stated that she didn't tell her to leave but that she told her to move so she wouldn't be in the way of the table where they "usually" gathered. The confronting couple argued back that she said the sister had to leave. They also pointed out that the gathering could be held in another corner. Accusations back and forth then the accusing couple stalked off. The cantankerous woman kept grumbling about how she didn't say what they thought and anyway the sister had been there all day (implying that it was time for her to go?). I suspect based on her demeanor that whatever she said may have been misinterpreted because of her manner. Regardless it was quite uncomfortable, enough that another couple left right afterwards because they were upset. Retired, older folk drama.

Today I need to try and paint my dark roots a bit (add a few highlights) so I can stretch to mid-December and get my hair cut/highlighted up north. Much cheaper there and I have used the same person for 10 years. My hair is getting very long though. Good for pulling back into a clip or short ponytail but other than that I am still not sure I like it. After that DH has a cardiologist appointment and then we are going out on the boat again with Justice this time. He has been on a boat before but not for a few years so we shall see how it likes it especially since he will be wearing a life jacket this time.

Definitely need puppy updates from Peps and can't wait to see pictures CC's new pup next week!

Have a fine Friday!

CC C.
on 11/10/23 4:17 pm

Those people sound like they all don't have enough going on in their lives!

Much lower key day today. So lots of time to recover. We had lunch with a friend here then went to a gallery to look around. My friend goes home tomorrow. It's been a nice visit!

diane S.
on 11/10/23 4:26 pm

Greetings all

Another day of sun/not sun. We went out to lunch at a chinese buffet with friends. It was fun to get out. In the parking lot there appeared to be a convention of seagulls. Lots and lots of them. Turns out there was an ice cream cone dumped upside down in the parking lot - hence every seagull within 50 miles showed up. I think they live mostly on McDonald's fries and crumbs.

Lunch made me so sleepy so I came home and took a nap. Now it's time to get up and do something like walk the treadmill. Will do. So much for the studio.

Just enough coffee left for tomorrow and then I will be forced to go to CVS.

Liz glad to hear Mike is healing well. Loved the account of the quarrel of the elders. Yep some people have nothing left to do but fight and argue. Its sport.

CC glad you had fun with guests. Hope you get the puppy soon.

Today is dog pill day. I have thawed some liver sausage for the event.

Not much else. I need to search to find out where to watch our football game tomorrow.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 11/10/23 5:34 pm, edited 11/10/23 9:34 am
VSG on 06/13/12

I saw/heard some wild stuff at the pool in my parent's Florida community. Apparently also a lot of conflicts in the woodworking shop. It's true some people get very territorial, and also have nothing to do but fuss over everything.

Friday! When I got home from work, DH and I went to see the movie Priscilla. I read her book, Elvis and Me years ago. The movie seemed to follow her book closely, so no big surprises. Wardrobe was very 60s/70s stylized, so a pretty movie to watch. The dialogue was somewhat boring though. So not outstanding, but an okay way to pass an hour or two.

No other plans yet, and I am so glad. Last weekend was super busy. I need some puttering around home time. Let the laid back good times roll.