VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, November 1...

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/14/23 4:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

This weekend was a nice break after the cardiac stuff DH has been dealing with. We packed a lot into 2 days but never felt rushed.

CC will be a new dog Mom in 6 days! So exciting. Of course we are going to need pictures at each stage.

The forecast this week is clouds, wind and occasional showers. Small craft advisories are in place so there will be no boating. I am going to the card playing session at the clubhouse to learn Canasta today. I kind of got talked into it to extend social connections. Maybe I will enjoy it? Later this afternoon (weather permitting) we are going to the Bocce finals. Our team obviously was not in any playoffs as we were the next to last team LOL.

Sometime around tomorrow or Thursday I will get anxious about packing for the cruise with DH's family next week. At this point I am just making my lists. Packing is somewhat complicated by the fact that DH cannot lift anything over 5 pounds for another couple of weeks so I have to figure out how to manage his stuff and mine (other than wheeling the bags which he can do). Nothing I haven't had to do in the past.

Have a tippy Tuesday!

ocean4dlm
on 11/14/23 4:57 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Chestnut looks like a Morgan to me. He is soo adorable ! We'll need lots of pictures !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

CC C.
on 11/14/23 7:16 am

My family are very competitive Canasta players! It's really fun and I think one of the easiest games to learn.

Both of you really shouldn't lift things between his surgery and your shoulder!

Currently waiting on the landscaper who wanted to talk about replacing dead trees and finishing the lighting and sprinklers for the puppy patch. Then off to the hand doctor to see about removing a joint fluid cyst and to talk about my arthritis. I worry about it getting progressively worse for the next 40 year and hoping he has suggestions for keeping the damage to a minimum. Finishing off the day with a hike with a friend. Too many things on one day!!!

Today I am less sure about the name Peanut. Naming is hard!

Have a great one!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/14/23 7:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Someone else always ends up naming my dogs.

I have a good left arm these days so should be ok.

DiamondD
on 11/14/23 2:16 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Cruise packing does feel more challenging, because you need more "fancy" clothes, along with your "daywear". Overall cruising is more casual than it used to be, so it's not obligatory, but I still enjoy dressing up for dinner.

Puppy naming is hard. Our last dog, we put names in a hat. Bella was the name drawn, which was ironic, because every single yellow lab from that era was named Bella. I wanted to name her Fiona or Daisy. My choice did not win.

I come home everyday just wiped out. I need to stop using that as an excuse to not work out. Being a responsible adult is not easy. Not sure I'll ever master it!

Another unusually warm day. So lovely.

diane S.
on 11/14/23 4:03 pm

Greetings all

Woke up to rain today. Got a call just as I was preparing to leave for scrabble. Our hostess just learned she was exposed to covid and friend tested positive. So I did not go. Plenty of other errands to do. Who knew that it would be hard to find shoelaces? I went to a store that sells mainly jogging shoes. They had no laces among their hundreds of shoes. Walked quite a bit out of my way including past creepy homeless people to get there. He told me to go to the skate board store. No thanks. Found some at the grocery store along with a few other things.

Liz you guys have to get someone to help you with cruise stuff! No lifting for you either. Bet you are not the first people to take a cruise that need some help. Do you leave out of Miami? Good luck with Canasta. I am being lobbied to learn pinochle by the scrabblers. People in their group keep dying off!

CC can't wait for the puppy to come. We had a little dog named Cricket once. That was a cute name. Also we had Tootsie. And Pixie. I knew someone who had a golden retriever named "Shamu". Fairly dumb name. Also knew one named Arlo.

DD I hear you on being wiped out by the end of the day. People don't realize how exhausting schools can be. Hope you can find just a bit of energy for the gym.

I spent some time at the studio today. There is an exhibit of fused art glass. Very cool stuff.

Cheers all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 11/14/23 5:29 pm

I love the name Cricket! There was a famous golden retriever on Instagram who passed away this year named Cricket. His human mom got a new puppy from the breeder I ended up buying from!

CC C.
on 11/14/23 5:24 pm

Gah, steroid injections into finger joints hurt like crazy!! They did xrays of my hands and ultrasound on my fingers. I have fairly advanced arthritis in the distal (top) joints on my ring fingers and pinkies on both hands and right middle finger. Index and thumbs and lower joints all have arthritis, but are not grinding like the distal ones are, so they don't hurt yet.

They suggested Voltaren arthritis cream and cortisone shots to fill in the worst two joints. Holy mother of pearl, that was AWFUL. Not sure I can do that again. I'll have to see how the next 2-3 months feel. Liz, I now feel your pain!

Peps
on 11/14/23 7:03 pm

Try getting the cortisone injection into your knee! That was swell, too! LOL! There is a Kirkland brand generic voltaren that works really well. (I actually thought it worked better than the Voltaren!)

Give the cortisone a few days to a week to kick in. You'll be grateful for the injections. They really do help A LOT!

CC C.
on 11/14/23 7:57 pm

I have a costco trip coming up. I'll get some. Not sure I've noticed much with Voltaren, but I'm also not consistent.

Knees would be horrible too! Really needles pushing thick liquids are all bad!