VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, November...

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/23 6:53 am, edited 11/15/23 6:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So sorry the cortisone injections hurt. I guess I am lucky that the shoulder ones are essentially painless and kick in within a few hours for me. I have arthritis in my hands and knees but not bad enough to need anything yet.

Canasta was fun! I learned a lot in one session. The 3 people I played with were really kind and didn't mind me asking lots of questions. My partner and I won - the last game I made tons of points (probably leading to my positive feelings about the game LOL). I already signed up for the next Tuesday I am available.

Today would have been late DH's 71st birthday. Still so strange to think that he was gone so young when he had always been the slim, active, healthy eater/drinker. I talked to DS this morning and will check in with the DDs later.

Windy and rainy periodically today again but we did get Justice out for a full walk. This afternoon I will finish what I decided to revise on the last redone furniture piece. I felt it needed one more coat of paint and don't like the new handles. Always tweaking. I also hung an oil planting by an artist on Cape Cod which friends gave us as a belated wedding gift. Really special!

Have a windy Wednesday!

Peps
on 11/15/23 12:56 pm

So, while I'm teaching the kids a song called Thanksgiving at Our House and helping them understand the message of the song (being thankful for everyday things, family, friends, etc...) I sit here wallowing in my own self pity about waking up with a sore back, a bloated gut, and feeling tired. Gotta kind of smirk at myself and chuckle. But it is how I'm feeling - fat, stuffed, annoyed and frustrated. I need to channel my inner Stuart Smalley.... Stuart Smalley on SNL.

Puppies are doing great! They will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. They are all gaining weight and look like little black and tan potatoes. Aunt Dottie is fed up with her half sister being dead beat party girl mama! Dottie got in the whelping box and cleaned all the pups last night made sure they were all pottied and I think if she could have, she would have fed them, too! Dottie is helping Dinah be a better mother. I think Dinah takes umbrage at being upstaged and seeing the puppies wriggle over to Dottie. It's all fine by me! LOL!

Not sure what is going to kick start me to get back into a serious eating pattern, but it must happen soon. That extra five pounds that was supposed to be temporary has now become permanent. YIKES..... Not a good thing. I'm 4 pounds above my red line weight - which clearly is not as alarming as it should be. Sigh.....

But, the good news is that it is Wednesday, which means only two more school days until Thanksgiving break. Yay!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/23 1:04 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You get all next week off (in New England they just get Thursday and Friday off)? That hopefully will give you rest time which may be needed to get your mind in a better place?

Peps
on 11/15/23 2:27 pm

Yes, the week off for us is relatively new, though kids have had it off since I began teaching 30 years ago. We used to have conferences and work days Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was a non paid holiday.

yes, I'm looking forward to getting some rest.

CC C.
on 11/15/23 3:46 pm

No residual pain from the injections yesterday. Now I'm waiting for the benefits to kick in.

I had a dentist appointment and teeth cleaning today. Got lots of praise for great teeth and care! (When doesn't praise feel good?) She said my cleaning was the shortest she'd had in a long time. She could tell from red gums behind my front teeth that I'm a mouth breather at night (yep) and gave me a mouth tape sticker to try taping my mouth shut at night. So I've give that a try tonight... I'll report back!

I also went to the ATM, PetSmart, and FedEx. I puppy proofed with mesh the front gate which has wide enough openings for a baby golden to get through for a month or so. And I've been sorting puppy supplies and washing the things that needed washing.

Looking forward to going to bed tonight!

diane S.
on 11/15/23 3:49 pm

Greetings all

Yay for school break for the teachers! A whole week sounds great. In the business world I worked the Friday after Thanksgiving for about 15 years. Saturday too. No thanks anymore. This year and every year is the party at our gallery the Saturday after thanksgiving as our anniversary party. 12 years since the founding.

CC sorry you had such a painful shot. I used to get cortisone shots in my thumb joint but my doctor kindly recognized how painful it is and he would give me a shot of lidocaine first. Without that it must be hideous. You could ask for that if you need it again. I used to get that joint shot up once or twice a year but no longer need it due to the scar tissue I now have that restricts my thumb. Good and bad. Anyway I hope you don't progress with the arthritis. Not a good thing. I think there are drugs but no drugs are without side effects. Hope pain relief kicks in. My hand doctor says his own hands hurt because he gives so many injections.

Liz glad Canasta was fun. Enjoy. Thinking of you on the birthday of DH.

Gallery duty tomorrow plus a studio board meeting. Big yawn. Gallery will likely be slow which means I need iPad and crosswords. My big excitement will be changing the filter in the air purifier.

Peps thats so cool that your pups have two mommies. How fun for them plus easier for you. Eyes open? Thats the day they become dogs and not lumps.

The sun is out big time today and the leaves are golden. Hope the sun holds for tomorrow.

No clue what dinner will be.

I skipped my walking on Monday and boy did I feel crappy Tuesday. No excuses. I keep reminding myself that it's the best way to avoid the pain of aging. JFDI.

Time to write a "memory" for the book we are making for our retiring studio director. Feeling pressure to be profound and meaningful. Again, JFDI.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 11/15/23 6:16 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

We have students Monday and Tuesday next week, then a nice 5 day break. Best of all my kids will be home. Although I'm a little nervous as DD flies in early Thursday morning. Hopefully all goes smoothly.

I am in bed, showered and jammied at 8pm. Highly unusual. I am so tired. I'm going to turn off the light in a couple of minutes.

Pleasant dreams everyone!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/16/23 4:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Both kids home for Thanksgiving! Enjoy family time!