VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, November 24...

Friday, November 24, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/24/23 5:00 am, edited 11/24/23 5:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Last day at Sea. It has been a good trip but it's time to get back home. Our stingray holding, snorkeling, starfish finding excursion was great yesterday. Just the 8 of us on a small boat with a captain. Thanksgiving dinner in the main dining room was actually quite good. I hope everyone else had a good Thanksgiving!

Black Friday - I hate the pressure to get Christmas shopping done though I know it is time to get cracking. I do almost all of it online these days.

Golden Retriever in the pool eventually huh? I have always had dogs who don't like to be in water (beagles, chihuahuas). I think it would be fun to have a swimming dog but the wet dog aftermath must get a bit messy?

Have a fine Friday!

CC C.
on 11/24/23 6:23 am

When my dad and I would take all the dogs to MI, they were wet from when we got there until we left... (photo of the aftermath of a post swimming dog nap)

DiamondD
on 11/24/23 10:50 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Your snorkeling pictures were awesome Liz. Love the stingray, and the water looks so inviting.

Growing up, we had Labradors, or lab mixes, and spent lots of time playing in the water. Wet dog smell though, especially wet from a lake, not so awesome, in the car driving home.

Its sunny and pretty today, but seasonable temps have returned. No snow though!

We had a really lovely Thanksgiving. My Uncle and Aunt have hosted for over 30 years. We were at their house for our very first Thanksgiving as newlyweds. My grandparents were in their 60s back then. They are gone, and the babies that came are grown up now, some with babies of their own.

DS is off on a hike with a childhood friend who is also back in town visiting his family. DH is snoring on the couch after working his part time shift this morning, and DD is puttering around downstairs. I've been lolly gagging around all morning. Time to get some lasagna baking!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/24/23 10:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Lolly gagging when you have time to do it over a holiday is good for you!

Peps
on 11/24/23 10:58 am

I must be a dyed in the wool dog freak. I LOVE dog smells. (well, the healthy ones anyway...) Airedales have a unique smell when wet. All Airedale owners know the smell. No other dog smells that way when wet. But then again, I like the smell of oil fields and feed lots. They bring back fantastic childhood memories of going to my Granny's house. Maybe I'm just a freak!

I'm off to evaluate Irish Terrier pups. They are sweet, but little Tasmanian Devils at this age, so it's going to be fun.

Thanksgiving was nice. Dinner conversation was overrun by cheering for the 49er v Seahawks game. Could have done without that.

Scale was kind to me today, but my eating wasn't really all that off point yesterday, so it was an earned number.

Later!

DiamondD
on 11/24/23 1:46 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I like the smell of horse barns, horse manure doesn't smell bad to me at all, especially if the horses were feeding on alfalfa grass or hay. Mixed with the smell of leather and horse sweat, and straw, it's all good!

CC C.
on 11/24/23 3:07 pm

A little rainy and blustery here this morning and a chilly 48 right now. Kirby is snoozing under my feet. Such a sweet and loving puppy! Once we solve the potty training and confinement dislike, he'll be awesome!

Watching a creepy documentary on Netflix called Escaping Twin Flames, a cult. Makes me realize how so many people have lost their anchor in our world and are looking for anything to give their lives meaning and a way to belong. And there is always some with the "answer" that usually makes them money. Ugh.

Bit of tummy upset for me today, so I'm glad the puppy felt like napping!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/25/23 4:57 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Minor and typical early puppy issues! So glad Kirby has a sweet personality

diane S.
on 11/24/23 4:51 pm

Greetings all

Happy Black Friday! I had planned to purchase exactly nothing today (buy nothing friday) but was forced to the grocery due to lack of parchment paper. To make those cheese crisps its essential and I have to take them to the gallery tomorrow. So after watching our football team lose in another close heartbreaker, I went to the studio for a bit. Made a couple of new things. It's sunny and since the sun is low in the sky it comes in my window and dries stuff out.

It's cold here and DH is eating a popsicle. Go figure.

Yep CC knows that if you have a golden retriever and a swimming pool, soon they will find each other. I think I have mentioned my friend who had a golden that was always in their pool. He turned green from chlorine and she had to get some stuff from the hairdresser to fix it. That golden thought the pool was his along and he tried to drown any other dog that came in. Yep the sporting dogs want in the water. Terriers do not. I remember first time at the beach and old Tiger picked up his feet like he was walking on lava. Eventually he would get in the water but not much. Mostly hunted starfish.

So we had a lovely dinner yesterday at the grown up house. Perfect food. Fabulous dessert. All was good. A new person was invited who was lots of fun. But boy is it apparent that half of us can't hear well (not me of course). Makes conversation tough. And no rides on the stair chair were offered. Anpter time.

Sounds like everyone had a great day. Nice.

Well it's getting to sundown. I had better do my walk. If I don't do it now it won't happen.

Cheers. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 11/24/23 9:46 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

My Uncle used to get a phone call from the neighbor from time to time, Say, can you come over? Eli (uncles chocolate lab) is in our pool. They lived on a lake, but escape artist and breaking and entering pro Eli, preferred a pool :)