VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, November...

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/29/23 5:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I still don't have COVID and it is the fifth day for DH. He is much better today - feels fine and is hardly congested. He did get a prescription for paxlovid but I think he was already on the downside before his doctor finally got back to him to prescribe it.

But DH is dealing with more angst over the previous home and an identity theft issue. The home inspection indicates that there are leaks in the roof which seems odd as we never saw anything and had the roof professionally cleaned not too long ago. He may have to give up more money to get that replaced. He also found out via a past due notice that someone took a loan out in his name. So he needs to check his credit reports to see if there are others. It is amazing how often these things happen nowadays.

The SILs arrive early afternoon. I am taking them to Italian night at the Clubhouse. It was 52 this morning outside and 64 inside when I took the dog out. The heat is on which DH hates but I hate freezing. It is supposed to start warming up today thank goodness.

Justice walking time (with leggings and a warm vest on me, not the dog). Have a winning Wednesday!

CC C.
on 11/29/23 6:18 am

I'm so sorry to hear about the identity theft! Once all is cleared up (and for everyone else as well), I highly suggest putting a credit freeze on your name at the three credit bureaus- Transunion, Experian, and Equifax. It's free and means no one can open credit using your data without the freeze being thawed by you. It's minimally annoying when you want to open a new credit card, buy a car, or get a loan, but all you have to do it log on to each website and "thaw" the freeze for the number of days you want. It can prevent this from happening in the future and has saved me from any issues since my big identity theft thing several years ago.

diane S.
on 11/29/23 3:47 pm

Greetings all

Another blue bird day here. I am thinking we will pay for it this winter with a boat load of rain. I would not blame Mother Nature for being a bit vindictive.

Did not make the pot roast as DH brought home some roll ups. He is out and about now which means he is shopping. Pray that he does not go to Harbor Freight. Grocery store is ok.

So we watch this series "The Buccaneers" about young American women around the turn of the century who go to England to look for husbands. Interesting scene last night: A young woman in a kitchen eating candy batter. Talks with a young man and they discuss how wonderful it is to feel full. The woman comments that women are conditioned to endure hunger and avoid fullness. They do so to become smaller and smaller so a man will notice them". Interesting point and still true.

I spent some time in the studio today and made a few new items. Had a good talk with the major owner of the studio who is not around much these days and lets the place run itself. We discussed the management change that is coming. All is good.

Yep Liz, credit freeze is a good idea. We did it years ago when Blue Cross got hacked. Sorry you have this hassle. Hope Mike is better soon. Have fun with the SIL crowd. Italian night sounds fun.

CC hug that puppy. Hope you are getting him out on a leash. Easier said than done I know.

We have started watching the UH version of "Ghosts", a silly sit com. We like the british version better than the US one.

Not much else. Curious what DH will bring home.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 11/29/23 6:03 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

We haven't experienced identity theft yet, but it's crept pretty close. Actually getting a loan in someone else's name seems very brazen! How do you even go through all the steps to do that? I understand stolen credit card numbers, but who is issuing actual loans?

Haha Diane, my Dad loves to come back from the local home store here (Menards) with all kinds of nonsense. He has bought windows because they were such a good deal, and now they sit in his shed, waiting for that moment when they will suddenly be just what someone in the family needs. I can't imagine what we'll find in there if we ever clean it out.

We are 150+ days without a contract. The district just offered us a 1% increase. They assure us that it isn't meant to say they don't value teachers, it's just times are hard. We will be many more days without a contract I fear. We're not going to settle for 1%. We've never even got close to striking, I sure hope that's not where we're headed now.

Tomorrow looks to be quite a day: I have 3 different meetings with parents about very serious topics, some with possible legal consequences, in between actually teaching classes. Better to get them over with the same day I suppose.

Still struggling with protein. Today I had a balanced break nut and cheese packet (8), a protein bar, (20) broccoli cheese soup (10-15) and one piece of pizza (10?) and about 6 grapes. I do not even want to drink a glass of milk, I'm full. And not yet to 60 grams of protein... Sigh. I was out of cottage cheese. If I start with cottage cheese in the morning, and have a glass of fair life milk right when I get home, I usually make it to 60+. Hope I don't go bald while losing mere ounces a week. I look forward to being done with this, and being able to tolerate meat again.