VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, December 1,...

Friday, December 1, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/1/23 5:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Is it really December? In 2 weeks we will be freezing up north. But maybe we will get a little atmospheric snow while there. Enough to make it pretty but not creep out Justice who won't walk on the cold, wet, white stuff.

We had a good meal at our usual Thursday place, a family restaurant where DH has known the owners for 15+ years. The food was good but it was unbelievably slow. I think they are having problems getting kitchen help as the wife co-owner has been working in the kitchen lately which is not usual. When we asked for the check we found out that she had comped our meals because of the slowness. We left a large tip and of course will be back. Running a restaurant is not easy!

After the meal we drove through the property of a law firm where there are lights galore. Really a wonderful, seasonal display!

Today we plan to do our usual walk while the SIL's slowly get motivated, then probably go to the beach club if the weather allows. It was beautiful at the beach yesterday.

Have a festive Friday!

CC C.
on 12/1/23 7:32 am, edited 12/1/23 12:29 am

Kirby had his first day of school. He was so good! The other puppy in the class was annoying as were her parents who were not paying attention to the trainer and were 10 minutes late and didn't being anything they were asked to. I have no patience for people who don't pay attention to instructors, speakers, etc. The other puppy is a very barky bernadoodle.

Today I have an electrician coming to ground some pipes and fix some outdoor plugs.

My back was good yesterday and spasming again today. Ow....

That's all I've got so far!

Peps
on 12/1/23 8:54 am

Happy Friyay!!!!

I dont' think I've posted since my dad's hallucination episode. I think reporting to his PCP was the way to go. She is contacting departments directly and we are getting appointments in a timely fashion. Dementia care is scheduling an appointment for next week, dermatology called to get dad in next week after PCP sent pics directly to the dermatology department. So at least a little help is coming. I gave Dad a haircut yesterday. I noticed how swollen his ear was. He hasn't complained about that, but I'm surprised my brother and the nurse who took the pictures didn't notice the swelling.

Pups are doing so well. They are such a quiet and content bunch. Mama feeds them well, even though she still sucks at the rest of her motherly duties.

Even with monitoring my food and making better food choices, my weight continues to rise. Not sure what the hell is up with that! While I don't want to start a diet, I'm really starting to think I need a "tool" of some sort to help me at this stage. I can't get Ozempic or Wegovy, but I can get one of the compounded semaglutides, but I've read really mixed reports about those. I'm seriously considering investing in Lumen. It might be a better way for me to go and is a fraction of the cost of the medication. But, again, an appetite suppressant would sure be helpful.

Oh, well, ... besides the broken recordness of my weight and eating disorder and therapy is getting pretty old .... Perhaps I just need to feel the power of "F It!"

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 3:47 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I had to look up Lumen - I'd never heard of it.

Sounds like you have a good PCP for your Dad. Unfortunately late DH did not and it was difficult to get advice in the last year when things were changing so much.

DiamondD
on 12/1/23 1:45 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

40 degrees and we all think it's lovely. Perspective changes after a couple of low teens day. We attended the funeral for my sister in laws father. My husband noted to her, I knew your Dad more years than my own Dad. He was a very fine man, an Irish story teller generous with kind words and deeds. The wind was calm, and the sun was out, and still had a little warmth as we attended the graveside service. My husband's brother and his wife have 6 children, and all of them were home. Lovely to see our nieces and nephews and their little children.

I enjoyed sleeping until 8am this morning. It's good to have a day away from work too. Last evening I felt the weight of sadness settle on me after the high emotion meetings. I told dear husband about it, and he said you're sad that you can't fix things the way you wish you could for these students. Yes. They need so much, and the resources are so thin.

Today I reached my lowest weight since starting Wegovy: .2 pound less than yesterday. So losing ounces, but overtime it's adding up to a meaningful loss. I'm able to see and feel the -25 pounds. I'm still very much looking forward to being done with this medication, but also grateful it's working, even if it feels so slow.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 3:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

25 pounds is a significant loss! Will you stay on Wegovy indefinitely?

diane S.
on 12/1/23 4:48 pm

Greetings all

Rain and more rain today. DH went out to lunch and I stayed home. Got a few things done on folding clothes, laundry, picking up stuff and the usual.

So one thing going on is that my brother is going to a foreign country to have a stem cell transplant because of the weird disease he has. I won't go into details for the sake of his privacy but I am worried about his safety. Today I called a lifelong mutual friend about it and we kvetched and commiserated. Not gonna argue with brother but it's worrysome. Gotta talk to my friend more about it as a way to keep it in perspective.

So this friend, a gay man, and I had a good talk about body image and acceptance. He is very much pro self acceptance which is something we gotta do as we live in our 70's. It was good to talk to him. At this stage my struggle with weight is more about health and just being able to move around and not about how I look. Age is a great equalizer. I told him I don't have any more control about my weight than I do my height. Some times I believe that.

DD glad it was a decent day for your family for the funeral service. Reminds us all of what is important. And your DH is right; strife stresses us because we want to fix it and can't.

CC glad you did the puppy class even if the doodle owners are a pain. I am with you. Can't stand people who won't listen. Not taught enough in school. No one listens anymore.

Peps hoping your dad continues to be comfortable. Sounds like you are doing a good job of making sure he gets what he needs. Hope the ear thing is not anything serious.

We started the new season of Slow Horses last night. Its good. More tonight along with pot roast or Mexican food.

The high school here was on lock down two times this week due to a weird person with a gun walking around outside. No one apprehended. Scary.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 3:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

People walking around with guns! What a scary world, especially for kids.