VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, December ...

Saturday, December 2, 2023

DiamondD
on 12/2/23 8:08 am, edited 12/2/23 8:13 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning! I had a good night's sleep and looking forward to the day. We are going to a Christmas Show tonight. Friend tradition, we've been going with a group of friends for years. Its always a great show. Generally sells out the day tickets go on sale, so we're lucky 2 of the friends go downtown and stand in line to get our tickets.

We'll all go out to dinner ahead of the show, aside from that, it's a chill day.

Happy Saturday

CC C.
on 12/2/23 8:43 am, edited 12/2/23 12:44 am

Everything was frosty white this morning including the doggy grass patch. It made for a quick potty for Kirby!

Later today we're going to my friend's house. She's the one with two one year old goldens. They are all vaccinated, so the vet said it was fine to do visits to known dog's homes. I think he'll have fun.

The electrician came yesterday and changed out some GFI plugs and grounded my copper pipes that zapped the HVAC repair guy. He couldn't find any current running through them, but grounded them anyway. Better safe than sorry. So I feel better about having the HVAC guy back out to service the tankless water heater that powers the infloor heating that is not working. Unfortunately, two of the things I thought were plug issues are actually a fountain pump issue and a dead outdoor lighting transformer. So different repair people for those. It's always something! The electrician's apprentice accidentally left a tool bag in my utility closet so needs to come get that today. I brought it into the house. I swear it must weigh 50 pounds. I struggled to carry it! Crazy what they haul around... And small world, the electrician grew up not far from me in CA.

Anyway, that's all I know! Take care all!

CC C.
on 12/2/23 3:07 pm

This sums up what a great time Kirby had!

Peps
on 12/2/23 4:58 pm

FANTASTIC!!!! That's what I love to see!!!!! I'm glad you are not keeping him sequestered. This is the best window for socialization he has (from 8-16 weeks). Good dog mom!

ocean4dlm
on 12/3/23 3:44 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Older dogs can do some great potty modeling and correction too !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

ocean4dlm
on 12/3/23 3:44 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Older dogs can do some great potty modeling and correction too !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 3:53 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a terrific time for him (and a great picture)!

diane S.
on 12/2/23 4:19 pm

Greetings all

It's been pouring rain all day but we are cozy and fine. The rainy weather is often warmer than when it is clear and thats the case today. I am not chilled. Did some chores and went through a box and tossed and recycled. It's a start.

DD enjoy the Christmas show. Do you ever go to tuba Christmas? It's about time for that around here. Usually outside at the Safeway. And I am getting in the mood to hear the Messiah though it's a little early.

CC looks like Kirby had a ball. Good boy. A couple of young adult dogs is perfect. Hope all the electrical stuff got fixed properly. Home ownership is a full time job. I assume the frost is gone.

I had planned to go to the studio today but between rain and football I stayed home. The dogs got sent outside early, came back to bed and stayed there pretty much all day.

I am grateful to have pot roast to reheat tonight.

Unearthed a couple of cans of old spray paint. I will have to start a research project to figure out how to get rid of them. Trash disposal in California is a challenge.

Have a chill day all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 3:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Though I would guess California is more strict than other states but it seems like a challenge everywhere to get rid of spray paint and certain other things.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 3:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope you enjoyed the show! Good to have something to get in the Christmas spirit.