VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, December 3,...

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 4:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yesterday was busy with the sisters and with DH making calls to hire a new realtor and to contractors to have a new roof put on the former house. Yes, another deal fell through as the home inspection identified some roof leaks. DH offered a credit to get the roof done but they wanted stuff like new windows as well all at a bargain price. The windows are actually fine - I don't get how people want to pay the money for a 20 year old home but expect it to be completely renovated. The market has certainly changed over the years. The new realtor went over to look at the house yesterday and we will meet with her tomorrow morning to discuss strategies. She wants to do some staging and will have professional photos done unlike the prior broker who didn't seem to have a clue on how to market a house. The new one thinks she can sell it relatively quickly with minimal changes other than a new roof since DH is very flexible on price now. Many people in our community have sold homes through her unlike the previous realtor who dealt mostly in rentals.

We are taking the sisters out on a boat this morning, then will watch another sad Patriots game this afternoon at the clubhouse. We may stay a bit later to watch part of the Eagles game as there is a large contingent of fans here so it should be lively for that game.

Have a strong Sunday!

CC C.
on 12/3/23 8:08 am

Kirby slept so much after his fun day! I woke up at 5:20 and realized he hadn't woken up to go potty in the night, so I woke him and took him out.

Okay, dog gurus! I have coyotes in the neighborhood. A lot of them and the sound echos off the mountain behind me. I took him out last night and they were howling and he was scared. I tried to gloss over it. Then they were right near the house yipping very loudly when I took him out this morning and he was scared again. How should I handle it? Give him treats while it's happening?

No plans for today! Maybe we'll find a place to socialize...

Peps
on 12/3/23 9:47 am

No treats. The treats will reinforce the scared behavior. Try distracting him wiht a toy and play. He's reacting appropriately to the coyotes. They are a natural threat to him. You have to be alpha in this situation and let him know you are in charge and while you are in charge he has nothing to worry about. You can even talk to him and tell him that you are in charge and he is safe so no worries while he is going potty. You'll convince yourself, too, that you are indeed in charge and he'll feel the power shift to you away from the coyotes. Remember our job is to speak dog, not the other way around.

CC C.
on 12/3/23 9:54 am

Thank you! The treat idea didn't feel right, but I wasn't quite sure how to make him feel safe!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 3:56 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Great advice from Peps! So lucky we can go to him for help!

Sounds like Kirby is starting to catch on to appropriate potty behavior.

CC C.
on 12/3/23 8:10 am

Liz, are they not condos? I was picturing a condo where he would only be responsible for the inside and not the exterior like a roof?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 3:59 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are in a condo now but the place we are selling is a stand-alone home.

DiamondD
on 12/3/23 10:14 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz, I'm surprised about all the trouble with selling the house. It seems like a very desirable location/community. Are there other houses/condos for sale? Hopefully your new agent will make it happen.

Love the Kirby pictures and what fun for him to play. Hope these other dogs become his good buddies.

Diane, tuba concert? Was this a Nebraska tradition? I'd be up for it if there was one in this area.

The concert/show we went to was a blast, as always. It's maybe more of a variety show. Some serious and beautiful renditions, some campy, some skits...the poet Robert Boy used to appear and read his poetry, one year John C. Reily was a surprise guest. (Friends with the band leader). Every year they do 3 things without fail, they sing a song called Snow Day (it's original title is Mrs. Braintree I think) which is now practically a Minnesota anthem. "It's coming down, there's snow covering the chainfields, there's a blessing on the ground". The last song is always a disco dance party, they turn on the disco ball and everyone gets up to dance. But my personal favorite is a jazz rendition of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. They repeat the line And Save Us All From Santa's Power to a jazz drum beat, and a guy dressed as the devil comes out and dances. I don't know why, but I find it hilarious every time.

After the show, we went to a bar at a swanky downtown hotel. Our friends' son works there. It was so fun to see how well liked he is by the other staff, and how excited they were that his family came in. So we got home around 1am. Once in awhile, I'm still up for a late night.

Today, DH is uninstalling the old dishwasher, because the new one is being delivered tomorrow. Yeah! I'm not even sure why I continued to use the old one, because it was very derelict. Probably out of habit, and no good space to dry hand washed dishes.

Today I will do my things like laundry and maybe a quick grocery trip. I'm not going into the week as exhausted as usual. Having Friday off gave me room to breath. But first, time for more tea and finishing the Sunday paper.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/3/23 4:02 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Sounds like a fantastic show!

diane S.
on 12/3/23 3:51 pm

Greetings all

It just started sprinkling after a cloudy but dry day. I stopped in the studio for a bit but most of the time I was listening to stories on NPR. Cleaned up a few things. Then on to the grocery where I got a variety of deli items that will keep us fed for a few days. When I was leaving I was annoyed by this car parked oddly next to me. Then the driver came up and offered to take my cart back for me. Nice. I must really look ancient and decrepit.

Yes DD Tuba Christmas is a thing. Tubas and related horns play christmas songs. There likely is on near you. Google.Glad you had a good show experience. Sounds great. Live shows are so fun. Totally immersing.

CC I so love the pics of Kirby with his buds. It's perfect to run him ragged. Peps good advice on the coyote chronicles. I had no clue on this but your thoughts make sense. Coyotes are not a big issue here but mountain lions and bears are. My brother in Hollywood says they are all over. Coyotes that is.

Liz sounds like you are on the right track with new realtor. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullit with a new roof. Hope it works. Have fun with the SIL and beach club.

DH is watching his favorite show "Ancient Aliens". Well, okay.

Inflatable Christmas decorations are rampant in our neighborhood. And some have music. There is a t rex next door in a santa hat.

Not much else. I continue to ostrich about weight. My legs hurt a lot and I know it's just due to flab. But I am walking. Pat self on back.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/