VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, December 5...

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/5/23 4:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Maybe I should order a St Anthony statue through Amazon. DH has been so depressed about how the house stuff has gone and the prospect of having to fire the broker who he had used as a Property Manager/Rental Agent for years. She was good at that. He is in much better spirits now that he has a new plan.

I am still in jail until about 11 when I head over to the hospital. "Jail" because I am staying at the Liberty Hotel which formerly was the Charles Street Jail. Really quite a unique place and super convenient to the hospital. The cab ride from the airport was expensive but with tip actually cheaper than an Uber would have been. And the vehicle was decent. I guess they have had to make concessions to compete with Uber and Lyft. It was interesting to me that Logan Airport was much quieter at 5 pm than Orlando Airport ever is. It is a zoo there especially in some terminals but to have decent choices of flight times it is the best one to use for us. However at Christmas we are flying on a new airline right from Vero Beach to Providence. With free parking! The flight time heading north is late but with the convenience is totally worth it.

My stepson (DH's son) was married yesterday. They will be having a big celebration in early May but because they are going to be in Poland for 3 years beginning in June they needed to do the marriage now to get all the visas in place. We received a beautiful picture of the two of them at their ceremony and we will do a celebration with DH's immediate family at Christmas time.

I will be back my Florida home by midnight tonight. It will be a long day. Have a terrific Tuesday!

CC C.
on 12/5/23 11:50 am

I indeed jinxed myself! No signs of potty training today. Le sigh. Tomorrow is another day. I have a guy out working on my freezer which is too warm and the landscapers are here. Things are happening! The pool guy came and he has a 3 month golden and a 3 year old one. Lots of loving on Kirby.

In cringeworthy news, there is a baby lizard loose in the house. Seems about right.

Aside from that I'd like to get to the car wash today and get gas, but that's later.

Safe travels Liz!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/5/23 12:07 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

A lizard! Maybe Kirby can chase it (on the way to the door to potty?)?

DiamondD
on 12/5/23 2:46 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz, best to get back to Florida, ASAP. Temps in the 30s and 40s are too chilly. Congratulations on the family wedding! Always happy news, and a party to look forward to in May.

CC, do you think Kirby's time in his crate yesterday had anything to do with his potty breaks? But whatever, he's still the cutest thing, and lots can be forgiven. In the pictures you post, he has sort of a wise, knowing look. Can dogs have old souls too? I think so. Kirby knows some things.

It snowed a bit last night here. Not enough to plow, but enough to make it slippery, and to cover up the lines in the parking lot. This leads to guessing, and crazy parking. We have a forecasted warm up on the way, perhaps 50 degrees this week. Will take whatever warmth we can get.

DH is now on the highest dose of Wegovy. He said his appetite is so low, he really didn't want to think about dinner. We'll have sandwiches. My appetite is really suppressed too. If it weren't for this darn Tomaxifen, the weight would probably roll off at this stage of dosage. Little bits here and there. I'll take it.

CC C.
on 12/5/23 3:15 pm

I think he's still figuring it out. He had 5 house tinkle accidents today before the time I had to crate him yesterday, so I'm not sure if not being crated today made a difference? He spent a lot of time in his pen, but several of the "accidents" were in the pen. Those are better accidents than ones where he's outside the pen because I just throw the waterproof blanket in the washer.

Maybe all the down time yesterday made him extra spicy today? Or maybe it's just being a puppy with good and bad days. He's very vocal and worked up today. Doggie hormones?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/6/23 10:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Still jealous of your access to Wegovy. My knee has been hurting recently which I am sure is also osteoarthritis (like my shoulders). I feel like taking some weight off would help.

DiamondD
on 12/5/23 2:47 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Liz, do let us know what the surgeon said!

diane S.
on 12/5/23 4:12 pm

Greetings all

More overcast here today but it's dry. I made my rounds to the bank, studio and gallery. Picked up money and such for deposit. Now I have some paper work to do. Good news is that this one large mosaic sold for big bucks! When it came in I told the artist to up the price because it is so wonderful. But I am glad I was not on duty because it was probably heavy.

CC your puppy stories are so wonderful. Little guy probably can't help his accidents. But he makes up for it in cuteness. Loved the slider video. I used to have a puppy that did this with the back slider night after night. So funny.

Liz let us know the shoulder report and that you are home safe. I think the ST. Anthony deal worked for a friend of a friend who had a house that was really weird and hard to sell. I think they went to some kind of church store to buy it. Anyway stay warm and get home safely.

DD congrats on the step son's wedding! Good for them. How exciting to go be diplomats. How many days until christmas break? Sounds like the Wegovy is working well.

The chicken marsala from the deli was a bust. Seemed undercooked plus whatever the sauce was tasted like it came out of some kind of packet like fake gravy. That stale chemical taste. Quite a bit left so I am going to rinse the sauce off and sauté it all a little more. Won't buy that again.

All the inflatable christmas figures next door are deflated and on the ground. I told my brother it was the Manson family christmas. Why have those things if they are not inflated?

Skipped the walking last night as timing just got off. But I will be doing it here soon. Must.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/6/23 10:40 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hate seeing deflated figures on the lawn - they look dead.

Peps
on 12/5/23 10:44 pm

Very late check in.
Not much going on with me as of late. Had a blip up in weight that showed the highest number on the scale I have ever seen - even prior to VSG. While it was momentarily depressing, I got over it and the number on the scale has come back down.

Liz, please let us know the outcome of the medical appts.

CC, Kirby is way too young to really be house broken yet. The accidents are bound to happen. Just keep up the good fight. Have you learned his "tell" yet? Once you know his tell for potty, you'll have an easier time getting him out at the right time. Every dog has a different tell, but they all have one. With pups, the poop tell is easier than the pee tell, but if you are observant you will learn it with in a day or two.

Several weeks ago the dog food I feed was recalled due to salmonella contamination. The plants are being cleaned and the food is currently unavailable. So, had to switch the dogs to different food. OMG! The gas is beyond belief! LOL! Six dogs with noxious gas...

I leave you tonight with this: