VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, January 9,...

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/9/24 6:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Peps as usual knows what is best for puppies. I do recall with Brandy (the previously mentioned mischievous puppy) taking her on a long walk did work in calming her down. So many great places to walk in Sedona. Kirby will be great company because he will be so curious.

I can see why a revision could work best for Peps. Hopefully by the time you need something to help maintain it the current weight-loss drugs will be easier to obtain. It annoys me that my PCP is willing to prescribe them but the cost is too great because Medicare won't help cover them. Seems a little short-sighted since it would help with other medical issues.

The fireplace works finally and the cabinet did not get wrecked after all. The repair person was very patient and careful, I need to write up a glowing review. I also did paint the table I mentioned but I still don't like it a lot. There are a few furniture items that ultimately need to go but I don't want to do it prematurely and regret it.

I have Bocce this afternoon, then DS arrives just before 7 pm. Hopefully his flight is on time, the plane doesn't lose any parts, and his checked luggage makes it here. He has an AirTag programmed so at least he will know if his bag makes it on the plane and if not where it is. DS has a wedding in West Palm Beach this weekend so he needs the suit in his luggage to be here by Thursday when he leaves. DH comes back from watching his grandchildren the following day. He seems to be having a good week with them.

The pelicans have started diving this morning so maybe the dolphins will follow. They have been very active the past few days. I wonder if that is a seasonal thing?

Time to walk with Justice. Have a thoroughly good Tuesday!

CC C.
on 1/9/24 8:01 am

We did the smaller loop in my neighborhood, not knowing how much would be too much for a first walk. It's .8 miles. He did great. Had fun. Wanted to eat every rock and coyote poop pile we passed. I did my best. It didn't tire him out or temper the biting, so more walks today.

He woke up at 4am dry heaving. This week he jumps up in food quantity, so I think he was hungry, poor thing. I gave him a half cup of food and he went back to sleep for a few hours.

Peps, his food bag says for a dog 51-75 pounds full grown and currently 4-6 months, he can have 1.5 to 3 cups a day. 1.5 was the high end of 2-3 months, so he was eating that plus lots of training and occupying treats (dried beef liver, doggy beef jerky, soft lamb treats, frozen plain greek yogurt/pumpkin kong). Should we go to 2.5 cups to start? Or just go to 3? He's 4 months this week. He's lean.

I got my blood results from the doctor. Liver, kidneys, iron, cholesterol all looked good. Thyroid TSH was nonexistent, but I expected that (marker of hyperthyroidism and my meds needing adjustment). My a1c was 5.7, which is the lowest end of pre-diabetic. So I emailed back asking about either semagutide or tirzepatide given that number and my BMI being the lower end of obese (ugh, hate that very accurate word). Since they didn't weigh me and I'm tall, maybe she wasn't thinking I was obese? We'll see what she says. You were right, DD, we are who these drugs were made for. It's not cosmetic or vanity related, even if that is a small side benefit.

So more puppy walks today and hopefully a nap for me somewhere in there...

And the hvac guy couldn't find anything else wrong with the tankless floor boiler, but he took the whole thing apart and rebuilt it. So far so good!

I think that's all I know! Hope all luggage stays with the flyers! Take care...

Peps
on 1/9/24 12:44 pm

My nine week old pups are eating 2 cups each a day.... I would have him eating 3-4 cups per day at this age. He is in his most rapid growth period now until he's 6-7 months. Keep protein around 28%. You can portion his food out over 3 meals.

Like babies, puppies learn the world through site, smell and putting things in their mouths. Watch a few videos on the "leave it" command on YouTube and start working with that command. It's one of the most valuable commands you can teach a dog. Sit, Stay, Leave it are my three. Every dog should know those. (Though I will admit, I often don't teach my show dogs sit for a while... and never an automatic sit!) They all know leave it and stay/stand.

DiamondD
on 1/9/24 6:56 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Good thoughts for Liz's guys and their upcoming flights. I always figure the safest time to fly (and really, it is always quite safe) is after a big incident. Planes are given extra care, protocols are followed meticulously. I hope you have a good visit with DS.

CC, sounds like you will have a good walking partner. And even more incentive to get out on the trails.

Peps, is your seminar tomorrow? I must say, I am curious.

Diane, anymore exploration on the quartz? Asking for a friend who is too lazy to start her own research.

Wegovy: the non cynical thought on why the insurance company pushes to the highest dose, is that was the dose determined to be the most effective in the weight loss trials, so they want people on an effective dose. Cynical thought is lots of people lose weight at the lower doses, obviously, I have lost 28 pounds without getting to the high dose yet. But some people have a lot of side effects as they increase dosage, and might even drop out. Hmmmm.

Today was no free work Tuesday. Our contract negotiations are stalled, so we are engaging in negotiation activities. On Tuesday, we meet at the doors and walk out as a group at the end of our contract day. One of the Union reps brought a speaker and was blaring, We're Not Going to Take It as we walked out. Kind of fun. There also was a very good sized informational picketing group outside the board meeting tonight. Some parents joined the line. That was so affirming.

I have a potentially contentious meeting on Thursday. I just got an update that some of us, me included, will be pre meeting with our lawyer before the meeting. Good times.

Winter has finally arrived in Minnesota. Some snow (but no big storms) and soon the arrival of sub zero temps. I will remain grateful that we missed out on all of that in December.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/10/24 6:39 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Kind of like protests back in the 60's/70's (but not). Sad that there is always a fight over proper funding of education.

diane S.
on 1/9/24 10:27 pm

Hi all

late check in on iPad. Sucked at scrabble today so I got a cheeseburger. Rain and studio time. Came home to find dh engaged in wwlll with the cable company. More on this tomorrow as the tech will be back. On the phone overseas plus tech visits. Dh is wigged out. So he wanted to watch napoleon which we did. I did not like it. Little character to those people and much war and death. I saw his tomb in Paris and just don't get it.

reasonable eating. And I am still thinking of counter tops but think I will do it. Need to go look at stuff.

safe travels and safe cofrontational meeting.

mote tomorrow. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/