VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Martin Luther King ...

Martin Luther King Day, Monday, January 15, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/16/24 5:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I just got the blood tests. T3 is just under the normal threshold but TSH and T4 Free are normal (though low in the normal range). My doctor should have the ultrasound results today or tomorrow.

diane S.
on 1/15/24 3:54 pm

Greetings all

Fog this morning and only a peek of sun. It's all good. Spent some time at the studio glazing. The place continues to be full. There is a big long table where people do hand sculpting and it's a total social hang out. Fun to see all the stuff that new people are making. So far it is remaining fairly drama free without our old director but we shall see. One friend came in and told me she has breast cancer as does her DIL so they are sort of going through it together. Makes me sad.

DD glad you got the day off. I heard an interview today with the director of Selma. She has a new movie called Origin which connects racism to the caste system in India. Sounds interesting. I need to see Selma both because I remember it and I should be a responsible informed person.

And thanks for the education about Wegovy. Eager to hear CC how you do on the Zepbound. I had not heard of that one but am curious.

Yikes Kirby loosing teeth! And worms! How could he get those? Bet his guts calm down when that is treated.

Pork tenderloin Liz sounds great. Enjoy. And enjoy the fact that someone else cooked it.

Gallery meeting tomorrow night. Hoping for no drama. There is a good person who is willing to be President of the place so thats a relief. For a bit there was no one who wanted to do it and I was afraid we would end up with this one trouble maker as president. She is still running for another office but I think will lose. Drama avoided.

Chicken pot pie tonight. I stopped at the grocery store for coffee filters and they were out of my size. Came home with a lot of other stuff but most of it ok like yogurt.

Yogurt! CC maybe a bit would help Kirby with the probiotic aspect. Don't think it helps worms though.

Congrats on the wins Peps! You have the queen of terriers.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 1/15/24 5:41 pm, edited 1/15/24 9:42 am
VSG on 06/13/12

I wonder if the upcoming movie is based on the book Caste by Isabella Wilkerson. It looks at the Caste systems of Jim Crow, India and the Nazis. Compelling narrative and research, highly recommend. She also wrote The Warmth of Other Suns about the great migration (which I had never really heard of) of Black citizens from the Jim Crow South. It may be my favorite non fiction book ever. It was also was well researched, but the case studies she uses read like fiction. The stories she highlighted are still with me, but they are not invented, they happened to real breathing human beings who confronted things I could not imagine, with courage and resiliency. Obviously, highly recommend this book also.

Peps
on 1/15/24 10:07 pm

UGH.... never hit submit on this..... Better late than never.......

One puppy left this morning. Waiting for the next family to come now. They are running late....

CC, always happy to help! Sorry little man had to go. Sure looked like a full blown tantrum (and given the fact that he did fall asleep, I'm still guessing that it was more tantrum than nature calling...)

I have decided that the way for me to go food wise is to do an elimination approach. I will eliminate sugar, and then if needed, I will also eliminate grains. I can not see eliminating fruits, nuts or legumes which some of the more restrictive low carb diets do.

I'm still on the fence about Zerona. It's expensive, but I can afford it as a one and done. I can't afford Zepbound for more than a few months, so I don't think that is an option. If the diet change doesn't do it, i will research with more vigor a revision. But I'm guessing that the diet change will work, IF I STICK TO IT!

I will work on cleaning out cupboards and meal prep this week so that I am ready to start next weekend