VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, January 28,...

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/28/24 3:02 am, edited 1/29/24 7:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Quick post. We are leaving in about 25 minutes for the airport. Sedona by mid-afternoon!

It finally happened: DD is officially engaged! They called me last night: She was crying and her fiancé was chuckling. He got down on one knee to do the proposal. The ring is beautiful- she is supposed to send pictures later. I am sworn to secrecy for now until she gives the go-ahead as I was the first to know :) Looks like a trip home in mid-February will be indicated to look at wedding venues!

Have a super Sunday!

DiamondD
on 1/28/24 11:34 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Wedding planning! What fun, and you will be so much help for your daughter. Happy news indeed!

Diane, so glad you brought DH strait away when his afib acted up. Heart conditions are serious, and you are probably feeling a lot of different things. As Liz said, staying on top of it and getting treatment when necessary is the key.

Just got back from brunch with the college roomies. The other 3 have several grandchildren, and grandma activities take up a lot of joyous time! Going to softball games and band concerts etc. I hope I have grandkids someday, but right now I am enjoying that once work is done, my time is my time, mostly. I don't like being overly scheduled. Work is so scheduled out, moving from hour to hour, and within each hour watching the clock to make sure I'm moving through the lesson at the appropriate pace. I just love having chunks of open time. Like today. Now that brunch is done, and BFF has left, and DH is in Boston, I have the whole rest of the day for whatever.

My weight has been the same for almost a month. I deliberately tried to up calories a bit because my hair was telling me my nutrition was poor. I'm betting there will be a little dip pretty soon, but now maybe I am going to be on the 2 pounds a month track. I'm okay with that if I can keep my hair. I've lost enough weight that I have plenty of clothing options, both new and clothes I had before. It's nice to be able to pick what I fell like wearing, instead of well this is the only thing that fits right. If someone invites me to a wedding, I've got something nice to wear. So definitely would welcome losing more, but I'm okay where I'm at for right now.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/29/24 6:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Great spot to be at with your weight - being able to shop in one's closet is a gift.

diane S.
on 1/28/24 12:06 pm

Greetings all

Today is an improvement over yesterday's **** show. I was wiped out plus I was starving since I ate very little yesterday due to sitting in hospitals and driving on the freeway in the rain. Sun is out, DH has had an echo cardiogram, enzyme monitoring, lasix, some other meds and has seen a doctor. Not sure if he is coming home today. I told him I would rather not make more than one trip to Eureka today. I will take him stuff if he needs another night there but chances are they will kick him out. His a bib lasted 6 hours yesterday and he felt like crap. He will get to see a cardiologist after all this which is what he has needed for some months. I don't know why our primary care did not refer him sooner but there it is. I am wondering if they will need to do the thing where they reverse the electrical on the heart. Might have to go out of town. Just speculation at this point.

Liz enjoy Sedona with CC. Can't wait to hear your adventures. Fun. Pictures please.

DD glad you are getting a slow day. I quit wearing a watch when I retired. So nice to not be a slave to the clock and own your own time and mind. Hang in there. Sounds like you are doing great on the weight front. Congrats on taking charge. You rock.

One thing DH also has is some thickening of the lower esophagus. I bet you anything its because with his sleeve he eats irresponsibly. He cant seem to judge when he is full and eats what his head tells him too. Doctor really got after him on that after she learned his history. He snacks all day long and then doesn't eat a proper meal. Once again I am going to have to take charge. May get me to clean up my own act too.

I was so stiff and sore this morning I took some advil which I rarely do. I was sore from standing and walking on hard floors plus stress. It helps.

So now I will watch football and sit and wait. I am busying myself trying to find creative ways to get Poppy to eat and take pills. She is sitting on the deck in the sun in her little Elvis suit.

Cheers. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 1/28/24 12:18 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Dealing with the medical system, hospitals, doctors etc so exhausting. My Mom sees doctors all the time. Not one expressed concern about her severe fluid retention. It also took a trip to the ER where she was diagnosed with a fib and prescribed lasix etc. She had waited far too long, and was actually in the hospital over a week getting it straightened out. She eventually did have to have the treatment to shock her heart back into normal rhythm. It worked well, and several months later she is still in normal rhythm. You're taking good care of your DH, meanwhile, take good care of yourself too. It's a lot of stress.

CC C.
on 1/28/24 6:10 pm

Busy day tidying up for Liz's visit tomorrow! I'm a piler. Things without homes end up in piles. So today was trying to put things away.

Kirby was up another 4 times last night. It's weird how one day his bms are fine, the next bad. Back and forth. Maddening. He's also very bitey. Poor Claudia got the brunt of it today, but he also bit my finger grabbing for his leash. Terrible habit!

Tomorrow morning the solar people come at 8. Hope their pounding on the ceiling isn't too unpleasant. I was thinking originally they'll be outside. Wasn't thinking they'll be drilling and walking above us!

Anyway, that's all I know!

DiamondD
on 1/28/24 6:37 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Hope you get a better night's sleep and Kirby's tummy problems finally resolve. That's too much getting up. Kirby must be tired too.

CC C.
on 1/28/24 7:00 pm

I wish he was!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/29/24 6:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Maybe Kirby is teething again and his gastrointestinal issues and biting both stem from that? Just throwing it out there.

Don't clean on my account!

CC C.
on 1/29/24 7:14 am

Maybe! He lost another tooth yesterday for a total of 6. Looks like Bugs Bunny with his big middle front teeth