VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, January 30...

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/30/24 6:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What a great meetup with CC! We definitely need to do a group gathering. Kirby really is sweet and though he is keeping CC up at night a lot he was actually pretty well behaved for a puppy. Beautiful dog with a great temperament.

We leave for Las Vegas mid-day. It will be a bit of a shock going from such natural beauty to the glitz in Vegas. We will take a short hike this morning after breakfast, then we are on our way.

DD is making appointments for my short trip home to find a wedding venue. We will also go to one dress shop to see what works for her. What extremes in pricing for the reception! Hopefully we can find the right place at the right cost.

My heart goes out to Diane S's DH (and Diane) for having to spend so much time at the hospital. Not wonder health costs are so high. Seems that if he could have gotten someone to see him in a timely manner outside the hospital that it would have been easier for him and less expensive likely overall. I sure hope he gets out early today.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

CC C.
on 1/30/24 7:48 am

Let's see if this works - my internet went out last night and isn't back yet. Their phone numbers are all busy, so I don't think it's just me.

Such a great time with Liz and Mike! Kirby was so well behaved being quiet in the living room while we were in the dining room! Normally he cries and barks when he can't see us. Last night he slept through until 5. I'll take it!! My dad and Claudia tried to take him on their walk yesterday, but after he laid down not far from house with a temper tantrum twice not even to be lured by treats, they brought him back and went on their own. I was busy working on treasurer's reports and 2024 budget proposals. Finished all of that thank goodness.

My solar panels are on, but not hooked up yet. I think I am going to ask them about the section they put in over the kitchen. The walls are higher there and it looks like it might have shadows and any shadow on any part of a panel means it doesn't produce...

Board meeting today, but nothing else. I hope they fix the internet soon - my phone service isn't strong enough to do anything online (questioning whether this will go through!)...

Take care! Safe travels Liz!

CC C.
on 1/30/24 7:50 am

Opps, DianeS, sending good thoughts to your DH. Hospitals are the least restful, Least conducive to healing place I can think of.

diane S.
on 1/30/24 10:11 am

Early Greetings

DH is still in the hospital. He had some more Afib this morning and the hospital is paying attention. Spoke to him earlier and he is in better spirits. He was very cranky last night. I will head over there in a bit. Need advil as my back is killing me. Hope there are doctors there this morning coming up with some kind of plan. I am trying to rest up for when he comes home as he will need a lot of attention. Need to get errands run.

Sedona sounds like a fine place to meet up. I was there once 30 years ago. What airlines go there or is it fly to Phoenix.

Time to give dog meds. Time to get organized.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/30/24 10:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We got a direct flight to Phoenix, then an easy 2 hour drive north from there.

CC C.
on 1/30/24 1:07 pm

Phoenix. Sedona airport is only used for tourist helicopter flights and private planes. Flagstaff has a tiny airport, but they only get American Eagle flights from Dallas and Phoenix (latter makes little sense to me. It's faster to drive once you factor in layovers!).

Wishing your DH the best!

diane S.
on 1/30/24 2:30 pm

Hi all

DH is home from the hospital and is doing fine. He has meds including Eloquis which is $500 per month. Phew. He also has Barrets esophagus so they will follow up more on that. Just an acid inhibitor for that. He really must stop his junk eating.

And the garage door is acting up. Guy comes tomorrow.

Made a grocery trip. Needed a Sherpa.

What else can go wrong.

Cheers all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/30/24 2:51 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good to hear DH is home! A lot for the Eloquis - they don't use Coumadin anymore?

DiamondD
on 1/30/24 4:41 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Diane, so glad DH is home. Yikes on the Eloquis co pay! I heard it was a lot on Medicare, but that's crazy. I think I pay $20.00. They told me in the ER that it is more effective than the old school anti clotting drugs. I don't know if this would be the case for everyone, but I have very little extra bleeding from Eloquis. Sometimes when I'm flossing, maybe I bruise a little easier, but nothing like I see with friend/family using older blood thinners. It has been an easy medication to tolerate, I really have no side effects.

Liz, are you heading to Las Vegas for an event?

CC, does Kirby have "temper tantrums" when you walk him?

Speaking of dogs, it was flannel day at school, and I wore a flannel I've had packed away for awhile. I found a dog hair tucked deeply into the cuff. Oh Bella!

Well school was crazy, but this time not my group. There was a fight during lunch. I didn't hear about it until the end of the day, it's never good, but it happens. I had a meeting right after school with parents. As I was leaving about an hour after school got out, there were a lot of people in the entrance, including some Parents. Turned out the "small" fight at lunch resulted in a brawl of 20 girls after school in front of the busses, which required police etc to break up. Good heavens!!! All the administrators from the District Office were in our building. Staff meeting tomorrow morning about new safety concerns and how to help students who are shook up by what they witnessed. So while I was sitting safely in my classroom, meeting with some lovely parents bragging on their son (he's doing so great), all hell was breaking loose.

DH did make it home , 4 hours later than intended, but home, nonetheless. Delta kindly sent everyone a voucher for food 5 minutes before the late boarding. Very helpful. DH said he wasn't about to miss boarding to buy a coke and a bag of chips.

We went out to dinner tonight at one of our favorite restaurants. When we got there, they had signs on the door that they couldn't sell alcohol. They got dinged on serving underage, and their license was suspended for 3 days. Bet everyone gets carded here on out. DH and I decided it saved us money and calories, but it was surprising. This is not some dive, it's a nice place. Anyhow, the world is sideways today, at least in my neck of the woods.