VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, February ...

Saturday, February 3, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/3/24 6:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We are home! Love our place here! As Dorothy said "There is no place like home".

We arrived at 1:45 am, but I had trouble falling asleep so it was probably sometime between 3-4 when I finally did. I woke up at 6:45 am, made some coffee, got dressed, and picked up Justice. He is sleeping peacefully beside me as I drink a second coffee.

Not much planned for the day other than a Justice walk and going to the beach. A cold front brings rain and colder weather starting tomorrow and lasting until I go home for wedding venue perusing next weekend.

Have a satisfied Saturday!

diane S.
on 2/3/24 3:45 pm

Greetings all

It's a sunny blue bird day here. Mother nature gives us an occasional break. The ocean is sparkling and clouds are huge and dramatic. I sure like it here.

Not much new. I went to the studio and made one thing and caught up on gossip. The annoying person at the gallery is up to her antics and trying to plan some two day event which overlaps the Super Bowl and which no one will attend. It will be an expensive energy suck on everyone and do little good. At least thats what I think.

CC I sure hear you on your Dad and the food stuff. That behavior is useless and hurtful. However I suspect he means no unkindness and it just clueless. Maybe generational. Easy for me to say ignore it. I would likely be passive aggressive and just eat ice cream in front of him. Or hide it like I did as a kid. Enjoy your interlude of solitude and play with He Who Has Huge Paws.

Liz home is the best. I am amazed at how much you get around. Hope the wedding plans are enjoyable and not stressful. My friends daughter finally hired a wedding planner because she and my friend disagreed about absolutely everything. Friend finally gave a budget and butted out. The end result was great.

DH is doing better. He gets very tired in the evening but who doesn't. Last night he got sick during dinner . No clue what that was about. Two hours later he was eating popcorn. Go figure. I have found some new organic protein shakes for him - iced latte. High priced stuff at the hippie health store.

We are still watching How to Get Away with Murder. It's bizarre but compelling like a soap opera.

I continue to be obsessed with the eagles and their eggs. Cant wait for hatch.

Chicken tonight with maybe a few noodles.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 2/3/24 4:12 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

You are certainly right, an event on Super Bowl Sunday is not an optimal time. Continued good thoughts for your DH. There's the physical recovery, but also some mental recovery as one starts to come to terms with what happened, and what will happen going forward.

CC C.
on 2/3/24 3:50 pm

Quiet day!

I went to get my hair done today and then went to the car wash. The sun is trying to come out, but lots of big clouds. Pretty though.

Aside from two potty visits, Kirby slept until just after 7. We've had worse!

Otherwise, not a very big day. It's so nice being in the house alone...

DiamondD
on 2/3/24 8:08 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Alone is really nice sometimes! How thoughtful of Kirby to let you sleep in a little. :)

DiamondD
on 2/3/24 4:05 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

That's not a lot of sleep Liz! Its nice to hear you enjoy your home, it was definitely the right decision.

The weather in Florida surely seems strange this year. Still quite a bit above average here. Last winter was a killer. It was the 4th snowiest one on record, so this must be the pendulum swinging back the other way.

DH and I went for coffee, and then browsed our favorite thirty store. Their were 8 cordial glasses priced $1 each that are our Waterford Crystal pattern. Our pattern is kind of unusual, which is why they caught my eye. It's called Colleen. We looked them up on line to make sure we weren't imagining this. No, it is our pattern. One was listed for $67 on ebay. Of course, that's what someone is asking, doesn't mean they're getting that price. Anyhow, we bought them, not for resale, but because they matched our other pieces. But since I've never served a cordial, not sure if we'll use them, or if we just bought more clutter. Limoncello anyone?

We also stopped at Costco because I wanted to order new prescription sunglasses. Unfortunately, Costco couldn't fill my order because my prescription was older than 2 years. (But not by much). I didn't think I would have enough time to get an appointment with my ophthalmologist and place the order in time to get them before we go to Florida. So I ordered some from Zenni when I got home. Even with progressive bifocals and thinner lenses, the order came to $57. Worth taking a chance. If they work out okay, it may be a whole new world of eyewear for me! My vision is terrible, one eye is 450/20 with astigmatism. Glasses usually are expensive, which I'm fine with, I want to be able to see, but I generally go more conservative with frames, because I'm buying 2 pairs at the most, and I have to wear them at all times. It would be fun to have more playful ones too.

I took my Wegovy shot on Thursday. This is the 3rd shot of the highest dose. I don't know if they will get my insurance to approve the one step down. But this high dose is messing with me. Not unbearably, but still. I'm hoping if I have to stay on it, that the side effects will diminish. Also, despite some big time restriction, I have not lost any weight since I started this dose. I'm sure it will show up on the scale eventually, but its weird.