VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, April 21, 2...

Sunday, April 21, 2024

DiamondD
on 4/21/24 6:55 am, edited 4/21/24 6:57 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning! We are on our way to coffee and scones. The sun is out, and it is supposed to warm up today, maybe 60. Much better than the last days where we stayed in the 30s.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/21/24 7:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Enjoy your warm day!

We are on our way to pick up DH's DD and her husband in Naples, then heading north to Disney. We should be there mid-afternoon so potentially can spend some relaxation time at the pool. We did the same yesterday after touring Sanibel and Captiva. It has been a bit more than 18 months since they were devastated by Hurricane Ian. Lots of new looking buildings which may actually be repaired buildings but there are a lot of vacant lots too. But tons of trees are dead - it used to be really green everywhere. We went through the resort where DH used to stay with his family and it looks like a big construction zone. None of the previous restaurants exist, just some repaired and newer housing. It will probably be restored in a couple of years but it was kind of shocking to see.

The tirzepatide is still keeping my appetite at bay. Two eggs this morning was plenty once again.

Time to navigate. Have a superlative Sunday!

CC C.
on 4/21/24 7:52 am

We're headed to 85 today. 17 degrees above normal. Four days of 80+, then back to seasonal temps for a week.

Kirby is totally influenced by the sun for when to get up as my blinds are not blackout. This morning's sunrise was 5:46am and he was up with the chickens. Should be interesting in June!

Today I should be going plant shopping with my friend/neighbor if she doesn't cancel. She cancels a lot, but as someone who appreciates a cancelled plan, it'll be fine either way. She is fun though and she's not furry with 4 legs, so I hope she comes.

I was online browsing for outdoor furniture last night. The things I have (2 loungers, round table and 4 chairs) are ones I like, but designwise are not suited to a modern house in the desert. They looked great at my last house. I still like them and would keep them, but I need more to fill the bottomless backyard. So my choices are, find them a new home (sell or give away) and buy new sleeker stuff, or buy more of what I have that they still make and just ignore the style difference. The cost would be very similar as I would need to replace the cushions on the existing stuff to match the new since they don't offer that fabric anymore. As for new things, a lot of stuff falls apart in the desert sun and heat. I think aluminum is my best bet. And the best looking stuff I've stumbled across is RH (rebranded Restoration Hardware). I might bite the bullet, but the bullet is big. And the shipping times are all over the place with some in the middle of summer when I might not be here. Lots to think about!

I should go hop in the shower and text my neighbor. Take care all!

PS - scale was the same as yesterday. Meds still out of stock.

Peps
on 4/21/24 8:27 am

Not much since last night....

Weight is back down to last week's low. Three pounds to go to next goal.

Another gorgeous day ahead. I love warm spring days drenched in blue and new green. It's good for my soul!

I have grooming on my docket today. Not much else.

Liz, so glad the tirzepatide is working so well for you!!!! Hope you have fun at Disney! Epcot is supposed to have some really good restaurants. Hopefully, you will be able to find something appealing AND protein forward.

I should have an easier time with food today. My brother started Mounjaro (the brand name stuff) around the same time I started the semaglutide. He is on Mounjaro for type 2 diabetes, but his doc put him on it for the weight loss effects. He is losing weight, but not as rapidly as I am on the semaglutide. And here I was jealous that his doc actually prescribed the real deal!

I'm going to submit my receipt for the semaglutide to my HSA and see what happens. It should be covered since it is a prescription medication. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy your Sunday!

CC C.
on 4/21/24 1:52 pm

I wonder if your brother not losing as fast is because he's on it for T2D versus for weight loss. He might see weight loss as a bonus rather than the whole point. So you are making the most of the effects while it's not his main focus. I could eat more than I do or worse than i do, but I'm consciously trying to take advantage of the way the meds make me feel.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/21/24 6:53 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I was mulling over the difference between the effects of semaglutide on you vs your brother and I also wondered about the same point that CC made. Tonight DH's daughter bought him some M&M peanuts and I briefly thought that I do enjoy them, but because I wasn't feeling a strong craving and I want to lose weight it was fairly easy for my mind to say no. But if I wasn't thinking about losing weight I could have easily had a handful.

diane S.
on 4/21/24 2:48 pm

Greetings all

Adult on duty here. Putting my tax stuff together. My CPA sends this big fat workbook to assemble it.. I write goofy little notes in it but it helps me find all the stuff I need to find. DH was, as usual, a little lax about his stuff but we have it. Finally got the last items last week plus I excavated a few from the pile on the kitchen table.

So it's another stunningly beautiful day here. Sunny and clear with artistic clouds. The birch trees have little fringes of pollen or something. The yard is growing like a hayfield. Gotta get a new service.

Can anyone direct me to a good article explaining the difference between the various weight loss drugs? CC I know you have posted quite a few good things but out of sight, out of mind.

Washed my hair and got some things picked up. Next mission is to get some dirt into the deck planters so they are ready.

Gallery duty tomorrow afternoon. It will likely be slow so entertainment needed.

Here is an observation: Whenever I have to do icky business stuff that I don't like, I crave sweets. Doing the tax stuff I just ate two mini chocolates. Not a major offense but thinking back to my real world days I remember driving home after bad days and thinking "I just have to stop at Target and get some peanut M and M's". I swear it's a thing.

No clue on dinner though I do have some cooked chicken. DH is still pleading tooth issues and I dont' blame him as he has the loose crown and it has come off several times. I will cut him a break and make pasta

Yay CC get some good plants. Enjoy your coffee DD. Ditto Disney, Liz. And Peps, the FB picture of Molly is fabulous. She seems to glow.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Peps
on 4/21/24 7:41 pm

When I have stuff to do that I don't want to do, I procrastinate by eating. If I have a stressful day at school I start chocolate or sweet seeking behavior. I attribute that behavior to my eating disorder and am gradually learning to take control of the "reins", so to speak. The semaglutide helps A LOT! It allows me to slow down and think before eating on auto pilot.

DiamondD
on 4/21/24 3:22 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I'm feeling very industrious. After scones, we did a nice workout. I'm definitely stronger than in February.Now that I have some increased strength, I decided to start working on one of the areas I need to improve: my gait. A PT once described my core as spaghetti when I'm walking. So some of my cardio today was on the treadmill, where I concentrated on engaging my core and extending my stride with a proper push off for each step.

Got some laundry done, and then decided to tackle a loathsome writing task I had waiting for me at work tomorrow. Thinking about it was making me feel miserable, so I decided to bite the bullet and just get it done today. I don't like to give them lots of free work time during this troubled era, but it was for my own mental comfort. So the 1st draft is done and submitted to my supervisor to review.

Oh, and yesterday we deep cleaned the dining room. We didn't get to every thing I wanted to do (sliding door track still needs to be cleaned, and glass door windexed) but it looks pretty darn nice right now.

My reward is the hot tub is heating to 103. I should be out there in another hour. :)