VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, May 11, 2...

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/11/24 4:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I still haven't had time to watch the Oprah special but will definitely make time after the positive comments.

I looked up the Westminster Dog Show to make sure we get it and we do have Fox Sports so I should be able to. Peps, should we just focus in on the terrier group times? Can't wait to see Blitz and Peps!

Last night DH and I had a good last date night before returning north. I was able to wear a fairly form-fitting dress which I had tucked away in the closet. I have apparently dropped a size because my shorts are too big now. The smaller ones are back north as are a lot of my smaller dresses so I won't be packing as much to bring north as usual. However I'm sure it will still be too much one way or another.

We pick up DS in a few hours. Hopefully it will be cool enough to take him to a neat spot on the ocean in Cocoa Beach on our way home. Yesterday it was brutally hot and humid - almost 100 here and over 100 in Orlando where DS was working at a convention.

Four days until I can mostly ditch the sling! I will probably wear at least a smaller version for the plane ride home to make sure I remember to baby my arm. I'm feeling a little nervous about sleeping without it too. Funny how I have hated it so much yet now am fearing what it will be like without it.

As CC says, that's all I know! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Saturday!

DiamondD
on 5/11/24 8:34 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Good morning!

I think a lot about clothes, what I'm going to wear, what fits again, what I'm going to pack for various trips, what I need to buy. It's an interesting phenomenon. Why are clothes so much fun?

Goodbye sling! I get the mixed feelings. It's disorienting to start doing physical things after an injury that you were strictly forbidden to do previously.

We saw the Northern Lights yesterday! I've seen them in Northern Minnesota in dark sky areas, and they were spectacular. Seeing them in the metro area was crazy. We live 25 miles south of Minneapolis, so the city lights usually obscure viewing. I could see them from my driveway! We drove out into a rural area, and they were even better. It was almost like we were under a dome of Northern Lights, they reached so far into the sky and curved over our heads. They were to the North, East and West of us.

It's supposed to be a lovely day weatherwise. I'm excited about going to the Opera tonight. I don't know what we will do for Mother's Day. I would be quite content just to pass the day reading and lolly gagging around.

Peps
on 5/11/24 9:18 am

Does anyone know why there was such a show of Northern Lights last night? Sadly, we could see nothing from my house, but my friend up on the hill with a clear view to the north saw beautiful pink sky. My friend in Washington state sent pictures of the green light designs in the sky. I feel kind of left out. I love natural phenomena!

Had a meeting with the nutritional counselor yesterday. Most of the session dealt with how the meds are helping me identify and manage disordered eating behaviors. I am seeing that after this initial drop in weight I am going to have to make more of an effort to drop some more weight. I seem to be eating enough to maintain my current weight.

Funny about clothes and how we think of them. I don't much care about clothes UNLESS I am stick thin. I am that person who will buy several of the same shirts in different patterns because the shirts fit and are comfortable. I basically have two shirts - LL Bean polo shirts and button down short sleeve shirts I wear untucked. Pants are jeans, shorts and khakis. At home I schlep around in tank tops and shorts and flip flops. This past winter I didn't even wear sweaters. At my weight stayed pretty warm. Just threw on a jacket and called it a day. I haven't even thought about packing for Westminster yet - except for my suit.

Off to get the RV.

Liz, I hope we all do have a Mary Poppins kind of day!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/11/24 9:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

DH dresses just like you!

Will you put something up here or on FB about when we should be watching Westminster?

Peps
on 5/11/24 1:50 pm

Liz, I put up a link on our TT page on FB.

Airedales show at 8:45 on Tuesday morning.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/11/24 2:40 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you! I thought it was Tuesday but really wasn't sure how it all worked.

Miss150
on 5/11/24 3:17 pm

Devon, just a short question, if you have the time. Why do the different breeds have varying number of entries- some more...some less? Flying or road trip?

CC C.
on 5/11/24 11:22 am

Huge solar storm!

I could see them only through pictures here, but in Michigan, they were visible just looking up.

Michigan:

Sedona:

diane S.
on 5/11/24 4:10 pm

Greetings all

Another warm sunny day. Studio buddy decided to stay home as she wants to stay near the air conditioner. She is about 5 miles inland and it is warmer there. But its cooler here on the coast so why do air conditioning??!!

There have been chirpy birds in our front yard for a few days. DH noticed there were barn swallows on our porch light with beaks full of nesting material! No way! They can nest anywhere else on our house but not the front porch. Its happened before and we had a porch full of poo. So DH went out and found this shiny reflective tape which is now dangling from parts of the porch but it seems to work. It's bright pink and looks like giant tinsel. Who knew. I told DH I was surprised he did not come home with some sort of electronic gadget that shooed birds away. LOL he had not thought of that.

Spent some time at the studio. We are having our spring sale. Every week several hundred items come out of the kilns and not everything is something the artist wants to keep. So we so this sale. Attracts lots of people.

Thanks for the link, Peps. I will see if we can TIVO the event. Is the time East coast?

Yay Liz, almost free!

Well I don't worry much about clothes or think about them. When I was super skinny I sort of did but not even all that much. My wardrobe consists of stretchy cotton stuff. can't stand tight and cant stand polyester. My idea of hell would be to have to sit on a bar stool in a fitted polyester pants suit with high heels. I used to wish I had a stylist person when I was working and had to have business attire every day. Don't miss that.

Health food store enchiladas tonight. They make them out of all the roast chickens they don't sell but they are good.

We have been watching the series Elsbeth. Pretty cute murder show. Last night there was a border terrier featured on the show. Cute but it had a really bad head.

Gallery duty again tomorrow. Ready to sell last minute mother's day gifts.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/12/24 6:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We have that tinsel on the Cape Cod house to keep away the woodpeckers!

Elsbeth is cute - but the name thing bugs me (as an Elizabeth).