Lose it 4 Life Support Group

Recent Posts

conclusion
on 11/13/19 6:46 am - Saint Paul, MN
Topic: Need the Power Train Diet Plan ..to get back on track

I had surgery 2005 and I have 25lbs I have gained in the past two years I had this train diet years ago that people use to access when they are gaining weight it works however I cant find it does anyone know where to find this diet so I can get on the train again .. please

Sepster
on 10/30/18 6:46 am
VSG on 09/11/17
Topic: RE: New to the group, trying to head off a gain at the pass

I hear your struggle and I empathize. I am one year post op and have gained 6 lbs in the last 2 months. I also take at least two medications that cause weight gain :-( I'm not one to tell you how to lose weight since I'm struggling with it myself.

But if you need a low impact exercise that burns a lot of calories, and isn't boring, try indoor cycling classes at the gym. The instructors keep it interesting. You can work out and adjust to your own level and can always increase your resistance as you get better at it and continue to have a great high intensity, interval training workout. I found that I am not one that pushes myself really hard when I exercise alone, so the group classes are the best for me. But I can't do most of them because I have neck and shoulder injuries which prevents me from weight lifting and I have two left feet when it comes to zumba! I also can't follow the step classes. I get dizzy moving too much back and forth! lol

I cycle everyday now since I'm able to do it and I've become addicted to the endorphins that get released! But I didn't start that way, I built up to it. Now I look forward to it most days!

Sepster
on 10/30/18 6:24 am
VSG on 09/11/17
Topic: Life style changes

I am having a difficult time learning what to eat that I can stomach and it fits my new lifestyle that I'm supposed to have!

I am one year post op and am past the weight loss goal my surgeon had for me, but not at goal that I want to be which is 10 lbs lighter than I am now!

But, I was 6 lbs lighter a month ago and I'm having a hard time knowing what I can eat that would satisfy my food cravings. How do I stop having cravings? What do I eat that I can stomach? I don't like meat which has caused a serious problem for me. I can only eat chicken and fish in small quantities but by forcing myself and I can only have a little bit before I can't stomach it anymore, but I'm left hungry and needing to still eat something!

I stay away from rice, pasta, bread, sugar. I do sometimes eat something that has sugar in it, but it's only occasionally! I really hope I don't have to be miserable for the rest of my life. I did misery well by my own without surgery!

What do I eat that I can sustain? I can always deprive myself but that wasn't the goal of having surgery. That was dieting I did all my life and failed at maintaining.

I have to eat food that I can continue to eat for the rest of my life! Eating small portions isn't helping with my maintenance, and I am usually hungry and don't know what to eat that would fill me so I won't be hungry an hour later!

Right or wrong, I've relied on protein bars to fill the void of food and I'm sick of them too. I don't know what I can eat that I can actually stomach. I can't handle zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice. The best I can do with cauliflower is plain cheese pizza. I have found pizza with chicken crust and I can't stomach that either. It's too filling for me. I eat a little, I'm full, and then I'm hungry in an hour! That's what is happening with almost all foods I eat!

All I know is that I need to do something to maintain my weight and I am having a difficult time finding palatable foods that I can actually eat!

I would appreciate if anyone with my struggles who has found what to eat so they can sustain their weightloss to share their experience.

Thank you

mittens20
on 9/17/14 12:53 pm - MD
Topic: RE: Has anyone had the RNY

hello my name is michelle i had it about 6 months ago i have lost 75 pounds so far the best choice i ever made i had the lapband

Wesley T.
on 8/24/14 4:09 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: New to the group, trying to head off a gain at the pass

Hi Jenny!

I am pre-op for RNY, although I exercise with an Elliptical. I love it because you can choose to watch TV, or listen to music on headphones. I have orthotics and a lower fused portion of my spine. I get arthritis as well. The Elliptical is excellent low impact, and I do it for about an hour and 20 mins, it is a good work out, good sweating and not pounding on the road, or stressing your ankles too hard in biking. You have to use a good Elliptical, one with a sufficient fly-wheel, not to be confused with those cardio elliptical that swing and speed too fast. Its very comfortable with the nice resistance. -Wes

Color-me-happy
on 8/23/14 11:52 pm
VSG on 06/14/14
Topic: RE: Sleeved 4 weeks ago and weight has stalledhttp://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/co

Hello Vbaum, im new to the group. Had my sleeve June 14, lost 38lbs and stalled now. I've noticed that i've lost more muscle than wanted so i'm taking a different approach. after attending the classes at the OH conference recently, i have to stop looking at the scale and start focusing on what i eat, calories, fat, carbs, and of course protein and sugar. Well im doing good on the low sugar and carbs but i've had pretty much no fat in my diet and im only eating less than 400 cals some days. I too am on really  mushy foods, careful of those soups, too many can add the high carbs and fat that may exceed the recommend daily. I highly recommend researching the resources here for the recommended daily calories and nutrition content. We are in our "GOLDEN YEAR" and nows the time to learn how our bodies respond to our new stomach. I have gone from a size 18 to 12/14, some 12s are still too tight but the sad thing is the muscle loss. I need that back so i expect my weight to rise a little at first, then as i exercise more and my body adjusts to it and I follow the recommended nutrition, i hope to start losing again. I will let you. Good luck to you. Oh i stay away from starches!! No potatoes!! not even sweet, too much sugar for now. Dont plan to ever eat white anything if you want this work, not now. Change your habits. I've noticed that people are in a hurry to try to eat food, anything to get it down but thats old habits.

Vivian Prouty
on 7/30/14 11:03 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: Just joined-hello to all!

Welcome to Obesity Help Jesse and congrats on your second baby coming.   I'm glad that your making some positive changes to your life before you have your baby and decide on a weight loss surgery.    If your in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area please come to my meeting if you can and I wish you luck.   Welcome again to OH.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian Prouty

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

lesleyh2os
on 3/12/14 2:56 am
Topic: RE: Pre-Op diet frustration

Hi Kathy, I am from Spokane and am having surgery on April 22, 2014. I go for my pre-op the 4th of April. I am anxious and curious about it all. I am 66 years old, a lady that worked for nutrition services with Spokane schools for 30 years. I am curious about what kind of sugar substitutes you can use. I have done many sugar free diets and may be able to share my recipes. Let me know what the pre-op diet consists of if you have time to respond. Thanks, Lesley

ginakRN
on 1/23/14 5:50 am
Topic: Would anyone like to take my dissertation survey?

Hello everyone!  I am a nurse and while I haven’t had weight loss surgery myself, it is something that I have a passion for learning more about.  I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life, and both my husband and sister have had WLS with very mixed results.  I am so curious as to why some succeed and others do not over the long term and I am eager to learn what we as health care providers can do to better support our patients in their weight loss journeys.  In my practice of nursing for nearly 25 years, I often feel that we need to listen more to what patients tell us…after all, you are the experts of this experience!!

With that being said, I am doing my doctoral nursing research looking at selected personal beliefs and practices and their relationships to weight loss outcomes 2-10 years after WLS.

If you would be willing to help me by completing my survey (which is totally anonymous and should take about 15 minutes of your time), my goal is to share what I learn with others…patients and health care colleagues alike.

Here is the link to my survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9XHYKYZ

Please let me know if you have any questions, and THANKS!!!

Gina K, RN

artfully2u
on 12/30/13 3:02 am
Topic: Newbee

Yes, I am a 'Newbee' and have been trying for almost 1 year to have my surgery (Gastric Bypass).  I have yet to meet the doctor I have chosen and if this process drags on much longer he will probably be retired by the time they approve me.  But, I guess this is par for the course for them.  It is astounding to me that they make this process so drawn out.  I manage to jump through one hoop only to find out their are three more behind it.  I have told my husband that when he finally decides to grant us an audience if we should give him a sharp slap so he will remember us from the crowd?  Or maybe someone out there knows the proper way to greet his royal highness?  Do we all rise, bow or give a full genuflect?  Maybe we should cast rose peddles down at his feet and kiss his shoes?   

Anyway, I live in Hillsboro, Tx. and the doctors won't do the surgery in Waco, where there are adequate facilities to do the surgery mind you for non-Medicare patients.  The only problem is they can't or won't bill Medicare at this facility, so they have me go even farther to Temple to get the surgery with the weak excuse that their Temple facility is set up to do these procedures with the physical tools to handle obese patients.  I guess they need extra large forms for we Medicare patients that the hospitals doing this surgery in Waco don't have! cool I am sorry, I guess I not suppose to put 2 and 2 together to figure this out and float along with their slow, drawn out program.

Now, I am suppose to see a 'councilor' to talk about my 'anger' issues.  You guessed it, another one of those hoops!  Well bring it on.  I have done everything else including registering here for my 'group' participation.  It seems because I live in an area where there are no 'groups' that registering here and reading and or participating with you all counts as one of those many hoops.  Sooooooooooo

Hello, my name is artfully2u and I am waiting on a date for my surgery.   I have a few questions which have probably been addressed many times over on your forum and will be reading your posts and taking notes.  Feel free to write to me and I will do my best to respond.  God Bless.