Recent Posts

EmbodySuccess
on 5/10/05 10:43 am - Roswell, GA
Topic: JUST FOUND YOU!
Hi, gang! I had no idea they could create a reunion site for the "Class" of Feb. 03! How're y'all doin'? I am enjoying my new life to the hilt. Just celebrated 6 weeks post-op for lower face lift & brachioplasty with Dr. Marisa Lawrence in Atlanta. Fantastic! No more turkey wattle dangling over my turtlenecks next winter. No more bat wings forcing me to buy larger sweaters & blouses cause the upper arms were still thick with loose skin. Wow. And I've kept up working with a personal trainer 3x weekly - sopmething I had to stop during the 6-week post op. Kept up the cardio at home, though, on my "Fastrack" - kinda like a nordic track. Never did go back to old food cravings. It's like the wiring was cut. I'll be giving a class & motivational talk at the big East Coast National Convention outside NYC May 20-22. I'm a personal coach & use these shows as a chance to meet those of you who are curious to talk with me (freebie) about how my EMBODY SUCCESS! (c) method may support you. Feel free to check out my website: embodysuccess.com. How many of us are in this "Class"? Lovingly, Lauralyn
dawn C.
on 4/24/05 9:35 pm - largo, FL
Topic: RE: I am almost there
i was 301lbs. and now I am 195lbs but my goal weight for me is 155lbs am I asking to much of my self.
Lynda C.
on 4/24/05 10:59 am - Pitman, NJ
Topic: NEED DIET PLAN for Diabetis and wt loss; 2 yrs post op !!
Hello and PLEASE do email me directly to [email protected] or [email protected]; I am down 100 bls and have been working on my spirtual and mentl stuff this last 2nd year.. I have to desperately work on my new imporved food plan; the one I am using isnt helping me drop the last 40 or so lbs and I feel more flabby than i did last year! I eat alot of protein shakes at least 3 a day w/ whey no sugar protein and soy milk, 2 servings of fruit 2 servings of cereal w/ skim milk i serving of soup snacks; Popcorn, sugar free candy, fat free munchies mostly soy how adn what do we count in way of carbs, calories, etc? I am unsure and my nutritional support left. Thanks much Lynda Stuck at 100 bls but oh so happy
trisa357
on 4/22/05 12:08 pm - hazel green, AL
Topic: RE: please take your vitamins or else....
Amy thanks for the wake up call, i forget sometimes and think but i feel really good so why bother. hope you feel better and do ok, hand in there and thanks again, ta thompson
SteveApril45
on 4/10/05 12:51 pm - frostburg, MD
Topic: 16 months and some change
Hi People I had wls on dec 1 2003. My starting weight was 565 lbs and my highest recorded weight was 598 lbs.Today i weigh 307 lbs and I feel wonderful.So much has changed for me and life is good again.I hope you are all doing good.......steve c
mama_hellcat
on 3/3/05 11:33 am - Fort Myers, FL
Topic: RE: Not doing so well
Mental illness and eating too much go hand in hand. I am manic depressive and have a severe panick disorder.. I eat all the time and i gained a bunch of weight, but I had to sit and think what I was doing to myself and think about how miserable I was at 285 pounds.. I am now 125 but yo-yoed from 135 - 150 for a few months. It's all mental at this point in the game. If you have mental issues, it is important that you see a doc and get put on meds asap or else you will eat for comfort when you are depressed. Good luck, darlin'.. ps- From personal experience, be very aware of addiction transfers ... eating is considered an addiction.. try to stray away from painkillers and alcohol; you may have more serious problems in the future. Best of luck, hun. e-mail me if you need more help: [email protected].. put in subject "reply to comment". Thanks.. and good luck again! **Roxc** post-op since 02/2003
Betty_Boo
on 2/26/05 9:46 pm - Broussard, LA
Topic: RE: 2`years whooo hoo
Congratulations. Thanks for the wonderful news - it helps us that are about to have surgery.
beverly U.
on 2/25/05 12:43 am - Wilton, ca
Topic: RE: don't forget to tell each and every doctor you see that you had surgery or else !
update, I am doing well, although now and then I will suffer for a week or so with pain in the liver area......Pancitis comes back now and then. I keep telling the dr's each time I see even a dentist that I had surgery. those medi alert items are great if they read them.......make sure everyone you talk to has your history on their charts and that it is flagged with a red flag so no one misses it. my husband is always there when I have anything done so If I can't talk for myself he can talk for me. I have had a bit of plastic surgury now and am so happy that I started rebuilding my life, the skin is the next to go......I have lots of loose skin that is giving me trouble. so can't wait to get rid of it. trust me the dr will know and understand what he can and can't do to me. good luck everyone
beverly U.
on 2/25/05 12:37 am - Wilton, ca
Topic: RE: Not doing so well
sister you sound like me........I lost over a hundred pounds my low was also about 125.....then I went all the way back up to 140 now I stay about 135. this is the thing.......your body is adjusting, my surgery is 2 yrs out... my body didn't look good at the 125 level, I looked horrible.....lucky I took some pictures and saw what a bone pile I was at that weight also my skin hung and was discolored... now that I have settled back into what seems to be my set point my skin looks pink and healthy again and so do I. I freaked out the first time the scale came back at 140 thinking I had just pushed myself back up to the 200 pound plus mark.....it was a few days and I was back down to normal. just keep your notes, exercise and eat as your suppose to...let your body get to it's normal set point without you rushing to judge it. you will be okay and look better in the long run, when in doubt keep your journal and see what your eating that isn't suppose to be or the exercise. good luck and keep your chin up !! it's easy for me to keep my chin up now since I only have 1 and not 3 chins any longer.....LOL
beverly U.
on 2/25/05 12:28 am - Wilton, ca
Topic: RE: i need some advice
I was so scared I was going to cancel as I layed there getting my preops done.......I was afraid I wouldn't make it through the surgery due to my horrible health. I have never been sorry in 2 years now, I am so healthy now and able to do everything that I couldn't do in the past...... he should go for it
Most Active