Where is everyone?

Tony Hackworth
on 4/25/07 6:03 pm - Prestonsburg, KY
Hey man, I was wondering the same thing. I guess everyone is busy living the new lifestyle lol. I always check in every other day to see whats going on, I'm still losing but at a Much slower pace of course. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.
kd5fil
on 4/26/07 12:37 am - Harlingen, TX
I, too, was wondering where everyone went. Thanks for starting a thread. As for me, well I am at 15 months post op now and basically I can eat almost anything with the exception of sugar. I still am staying completely away from that. I find that I can eat a little more now and that scares me. I don't always do too well staying away from carbs but I try. I am still losing but alot slower now...I am steady at 178-180 depending on what time of the month it is. I would like to get down to 160 but I know that for that to happen, I need to get really strict abou****ching what I eat and definitely exercise. But I am happy where I am right now. I am in a size 12 pants and a M/L blouse. That is great for me! Congrats to all of you too. Loretta
Elisa *
on 4/26/07 1:34 am - I.V., CA
I'm always around. I also update my profile monthly...soooo I guess you could go read my blogs or I can just tell ya... I'm losing a little bit maybe about 2-3#s a month but I haven't really kept track as I was before my 1 year mark. I started at 315#s and I am now 173 . I still can't believe those numbers...I lost the weight of a whole person! I'm not exercising as I should...I start but find it hard to keep consistent about exercising. My eating is...well ok I suppose...I have good days and bad days but I usually stick with my 3 meals and a snack or two in between. I find I can eat most anything...but I'm trying to stay away from the rice, corn, bread, etc but everytime I say I'm not going to eat those things I end up eating more of them. Still take my multi-vitamins daily...but often forget to take my iron supp. & calcium...occasionally I forget the b-12. Still struggling to drink 60oz of water...I dunno what happened I was doing so good a few months back. So anyway, I am hopeful I can get to my goal of 150s. That's about it...thanks for asking. Elisa
Kayla
on 4/26/07 3:02 am - Skinny Land, CA
Elisa you will get in the 150's I know it! Did you read my reply to your post a while back?
RieRie
on 4/28/07 7:13 am - somewhere, IL
Sounds as if you are doing great. I dont have to struggle to get my fluids in. I just wish I had done as good in my first yr. Oh well, I keep telling myself it will come off. I will get to goal. You will too. hugs and prayers.
Kayla
on 4/26/07 3:13 am - Skinny Land, CA
I still check this BB every day! I know that I post on the main BB if I have a question because then I know I'll get some response rather than on here...here you may have to wait a WEEK...and still never get one!!!...LOL. I MISS LOSING WEIGHT SO MUCH! I am between 130-140 ON A DOC'S scale...AWESOME! Sometimes I really struggle to keep it under 140 because I have always been able to eat anything and my portions are larger than other post-ops...I am still in a size 4/6...and I still can't believe it! I think most men really are pigs...not you Scottie. Because guys that never would've given me a second look when I was MO are now opening doors for me and asking me if I am married...and so on....it kinda ****** me off! I used to dream od weighing 155, 165, even 185....so I still can't believe this. I feel great, but I still have some serious health issues, hopefully it'll all turn out well and I won't need surgery AGAIN...the third time in less than two years...YUCK! Love ya'll!
terrilee819
on 4/30/07 4:11 am - Kingston, NY
Life has been hectic as heck... I joined Weigh****chers and the first week picked off over 7 lbs like it was nothing only to have gained back 1 point something this past week. Still, I am not frustrated- heck 6 lbs in 2 weeks is an amazing thing. I have learned that I really need to work hard to marry WW and WLS but I am worth all the effort and I am going to do it ! (I am going to rely on WW for the weekly weigh in and support meeting since I have no WLS support meeting locally.) Having never been a normal weight I have no idea really where I want to get to as a goal so I plan on trying to get down to 150-155 and see where I go from there. My biggest goal was to become more healthy and I have done that, no more diabetes, or high blood pressure meds ! I wear usually a size 12-14 top and and was able to squeeze my butt into a size 17 jr jeans ! I am trying to keep my protein up and am still doing well with my water. As long as I don't over do the carbs I seem to be doing well. Soooo that's where I stand ! -Terri
LostInTheNet
on 4/30/07 10:30 am - Metrowest, MA
I've been busy with life. I had to have my Gallbladder removed and I have a new nefew. So my life is pretty busy. I am down from 465 to 192 which is only 12 from my new goal and below my original of 225. So life is good. Doug.
Gi G.
on 4/30/07 1:19 pm
Everyone sounds like they are doing great. Scott, I can't believe your weight loss is still so SOLID, wow to the DS, but good for you with your choices and all that. I lost a little this past month, am down around 160ish. I have been eating poorly the past few weeks going back to my stress eating behavior - well, I should clarify, I'm making bad food choices and grazing a lot [I have NOT gone back to ED behavior!!]. I am working on cutting out the grazing and carb overload, but we know the WLS didn't do anything to old HABITS {/shucks!!}. As of this minute [who knows, it feels so unreal, perhaps it will all change] I am scheduled for surgery on May 3rd. I will have my [giant] hernia repaired, my [ginormous] panni removed, and my [super saggy] boobs lifted. Well, that's kinda sorta the plan, I know for sure the hernia will be fixed, the rest is of course, GRAVY. I wanted to get to my goal weight of 155 by surgery, but neither my WLS or plastics guy thought it was necessary. I think that gave me a little licence to eat more, though, and I'm sure I could have done it if I had really tried, KWIM? I'm wearing a size 10 jeans I bought in February, that are now a bit too big, and an old pair of juniors 11s that fit well - I fit into the size 9 juniors jeans I tried on last week in the store. I can comfortably button my hubby's 31 waist jeans at my belly, even WITH the panni and hernia protruding - I've never been able to do that before, even when I DID weigh 155, so I guess it's true about the weight being distributed differently now. I fit into all my medium/small shirts from before baby too. I won't try or buy another pair of pants until well after surgery, I can't imagine I'll be that much smaller [my legs and butt aren't going anywhere, right?] but time will tell. I have always had a thick waist, even when I was 110 pounds and a size 5 it was 28 or so, meh, I'm rambling, is it obvious I'm weirded out by all of this? ANYway. Congratulations to all of us and I hope I live to tell the stories of my future flat tummy and perky boobage. Love, xosm
Beam me up Scottie
on 5/1/07 7:38 am
WOW EVERYONE IS DOING FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulations to all of you who have made goal or are really close to it. The rest of us will be there shortly!!!!! Scott
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 662 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 761 views