Whats everyone up to

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/2/07 12:42 pm
Ok our forum has kind of died...i know most of us are moving on and spending less and less time on these forums...i guess it's the nature of having WLS right? But it's a good time to update.... OK i've been busy...i'm trying to change careers...and working on getting funding for training. I hit my goal weight a couple of months ago..18 months and 3 days out from surgery..and have been maintaining it really easily....the DS allows me a lot of freedom in eating and such....so thats not an issue. I typically eat about 4000 to 5000 calories a day...sometimes more...sometimes less....i really don't track it anymore...just mentally count my protein intake because I'm trying to build muscles. On that note...i work out 4 to 5 days a week at the gym...2 days cardio...3 days lifting. The numbers on the scale mean a lot less to me these days.....but fitting into a size 34 pants for the first time in my adult life (i was bigger then a 34 at the age of 10) was AWESOME...i was so excited I put a picture on my profile. I really need to get working on plastics.....I hit a snag and stopped the process. The surgeon I wanted to use....all of a sudden unenrolled out of my network..and alas he was the only surgeon I found that would do a LBL for what the insurance company would pay...it kind of sucks...so now do i just get a TT...or try to hold and in hopes that i'll find a surgeon somewhere who will do a full LBL for what the insurance pays? It's a hard decision...before you say anything...I do need a LBL...i've lost almost 300 lbs...and a TT just will leave me looking weird.....I have so much skin on the sides and redundant skin on my butt.....it is medically necessary...but unforutnatley insurance companies pay so little...it's hard to find a surgeon who will do all the work for the moneyt hat they will pay. ANyway whats up with you guys?
Elisa *
on 11/4/07 6:15 am - I.V., CA
Hey congrats on your success! It feels so good to hear post-opers doing so well. I'm doing pretty good myself. Amazingly, at 20 months post-op I am still losing. I was about 174-176 two months ago and am now at 167 . Feels great. I am sooo very happy and feel so damn lucky. I eat what I like too but I'm always conscious about what I am choosing to eat even if it's not so healthy. I eat at least 3-4 times a day. The only thing I still need to work at is--exercise. I've always struggled in that department. I also would like plastics but like you I need to work on it. I need to save, save, save...almost impossible during this time of the year. I soooo want a flat tummy...less giggly arms...and a baby. Thats it for me. I would like to read how everyone else is doing. Elisa
Elisa *
on 11/4/07 8:59 am - I.V., CA
...i meant "jiggly" arms...hehe typo.
Beam me up Scottie
on 11/5/07 1:20 am
Congratulations on your success........esp since you are still losing ..that is awesome!!!! Exercise is kind of addicting once you start doing it regularly.....i work out most days....even if it's just light stuff... if i read that right, you want to have a baby? Don't do any stomach plastics until you have one....getting prego...kind of negates a TT...or at least makes the results less spectacular. Scott
rainesmom
on 11/5/07 4:34 am - Anahuac, TX
Congrats on your success Scott.. Amazing Job! Good luck on finding a PS who will take care of your needs. Well let's see.. I'm still maintaining. I had my TT end of June and I am very pleased with the results. I haven't lost those 5 lbs I gained after PS but I'm ok with it. I feel I look good and I feel GREAT! I've been working alot and just getting on with my life. Kids rule my off hours. I really need to start working out but I just can't get motivated. I know it's a poor excuse and I just need to do it.. I'm 135 lbs. wearing size 4-6 depending on designer. I have some post PS pics on my profile if anyone wants to see and I dont' mind emailing some that I haven't posted yet. I need to add some current ones. Take care and I hope to hear from others...
Chaplain
on 12/20/07 9:53 pm - Panama City, FL
I have since moved from Yuma, Arizona to Panama City, Florida changing from the Arizona prison system to the Florida prison system. I am still attempting to loose weight. I still want to reach 175 pounds. I have gotten close, but have not reached it yet. I am in a size 34 pants which you know feels great! I still have not started eating any breads or starches. As far as plastic surgury goes I am not going in that direction yet. Good Luck, Bill
Goshdarnpeople *
on 2/26/09 11:40 pm - ...did I mention it's hot here?, FL
Hello,
I never did reach my goal and am currently struggling to stay under 200 lbs.  I keep creeping higher :( oh well.  I still feel better than i ever did, can buy clothes in reg stores, so i'm happy with that.  I went back to school and am a year into my AS degree.  I never had another kid like i wanted, but we still are trying. 
Hope all is well with everyone.
Gosh

Outside a dog, man's best friend is a book...
Inside a dog, man's best friend is a flashlight!!!

RieRie
on 3/10/09 10:16 am - somewhere, IL
Well hello scottie... yep our board has died... thought I would stop in on anniversary month and see what was going on though... I forgot about my anniversairy until oh emailed me so I am a little late... But I am doing good. I returned to work part time. so that is good. I am down to 187 lbs.. 12 more to my orginal  goal.

My doc says he is happy with my weight where it is, but when I told him i wanted to lose another 20 to 40 he didnt say no, he said you can do that if you want.. I dont know if I ever will but I am happy where I am too. I struggle to keep from gaining back, have to watch ever thing I eat.. but I did lose 5 lbs over the winter months so hoping with spring coming and summer I can drop another 10 pds.  I think working is helping me keep it off.. lots of walking in housekeeping. I think I did good though still losing ever so slowly after three yrs...

plastic is not in the books at all... so oh well... it isnt too bad... looks like i had a few more kids is all... lol

Love Marie        My Space          I am a Army mom     

Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views