Recent Posts

janeel1
on 12/7/10 5:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
Topic: NEED INFORMATION...HELP
I had my GB 02/01/2006.  I lost about 42 lbs.  I have gained back about 10 lbs since.  I was small to begin with (212 lbs) so I knew my weight loss wouldn't be huge. 

I exerise like crazy now and have been for the past 4 years, maybe missing about 6 months in total due to some personal things that I was doing.  I am now trying to get back on track because I am now getting married June 11th, 2011....

Can anyone, please tell me what I can do to get these 10 lbs off of me.  To jumpstart this thing again.  My eating habits aren't out of control, and exerise is one of my best hobbies, I just can't seem to get this tomgether.

Can anyone who is new out, or even old out who is still maintaining, help me and give me a menu or some pointers on getting back on track the way I should.  Again, I'm not doing bad, but want at least these 10 lbs off before my wedding...

Help me out.
Beam me up Scottie
on 3/5/10 9:38 am
Topic: RE: Kidney Stones??
Call your surgeon, if it was enough pain to get you into the hospital, it was probably enough pain to have checked out by your doctor.

It could be anything.

Scott
Bliss149
on 2/27/10 4:16 pm
Topic: RE: Kidney Stones??
Found your post after searching on the forum because I just had an experience exactly like this...I'm only 5 months out. Got an appt. with a urologist next week as I suspect kidney stones. Hope and pray there will be no more as that was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had.
Beam me up Scottie
on 2/1/10 12:22 pm
Topic: HAPPY 4 YEAR SURGIVERSARY EVERYONE!!!!!
Hey everyone,

I know this forum has basically died a long time ago, but I just wanted to wish everyone that looks in here and there a happy surgiversary.

I had surgery on the 17th of this month...so I won't be 4 years out officially for another couple of weeks, but I started at 492 lbs, and lost 300 lbs. It took me 18 months to lose all the weight, but I've been able to maintain the weight loss so easily since. I really have to say the DS has been very easy on me. I eat whatever I want, and my labs are fantastic.

The only part of the journey that is not done is the rest of my plastics. I had my LBL and chest reduction done almost 2 years ago, but haven't been able to afford to get my arms and thighs done (plus my stomach needs a slight revision.

Anyway...I hope you're all doing well....

Scott
Beam me up Scottie
on 1/13/10 3:41 pm
Topic: RE: Help! Why cant I lose
I know I can't believe it was 4 years ago!!!!!!

Scott
Tony Hackworth
on 1/13/10 4:50 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Hi, I've regained a slight bit myself...Id say all of us have. Don't be embarrased...I know I can lose the weight I just need to get motivated. Looking back I wish I had went with the DS but my Insurance didn't cover it...But I don't regret RNY one bit, it saved my life and changed it dramatically. I'm gonna see my surgeon soon and see what options I have with getting a revision. Just try to go back to the basics like when you were a week out...thats easier said than done but it's worth a shot. Good luck and hope everything works out for ya.

I wish more of our ol Feb 06'ers would post here more often...lol this board died a couple of years ago. 4 years has went by quick!! later guys
Beam me up Scottie
on 1/11/10 4:39 am
There are only a handful of surgeons in the country that can do a RNY to DS revision. You are fortunate one of them is in NJ. I think it's Dr. greenbaum. You can get his info on the DS forum on this site or on www.dsfacts.com

Good luck to you.

Scott
sherleb
on 1/9/10 4:47 am - Hamilton, NJ

Thank you for you help, yes but my surgeon wont do it was thinking to go to someone else.. I am just not sure...ugh...

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/8/10 12:24 pm
Have you considered a revision to the duodenal switch?

Scott
Beam me up Scottie
on 1/8/10 12:22 pm
Topic: RE: Is anyone else having trouble mainting weightloss
I had the DS and have not had any trouble maintaining. If you go on the grads forum (on OH) you will find lots of RNYers/lap banders in the same boat. It's nothing to be ashamed of....it's a surgery failure, not an individual failure. But having the support of others in the same boat might help.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views