5 Month Update for the March Crowd

BobF4
on 8/13/09 2:51 am - Rochester, NY

I was 5 months out on Aug. 2.  As of yesterday, I am down to 258 pounds.  That makes me down 82 pounds from my pre-op testing weight of 340, and 148 from my all-time high of 406.

I am feeling great!  I exercise as much as I can, mostly by walking, and going to the gym once a week.  I walked into surgery wearing a 3XL polo shirt, and size 56 waisted pants.  I am now into XL polos, and I actually FIT (albeit a wee bit snug) into size 42 waist jeans!  As for dress shirts, I went down from a size 22 inch neck, and now am in an 18.5 inch neck. 

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.  --  Lao Tzu
                    * Surgery date - 3/2/2009!!!
Highest - Current - Goal
--406--------258--------?

Brittnie S.
on 8/13/09 4:50 am - NV
Hey everyone, I'm a little late with my update but I guess better late than never. I had realize band surgery on march 20th and I'm down a total of 87lbs (including 34lbs pre-op) so I guess a total of 53lbs since surgery. I have gone from a size 2x/ 3x shirt and a 22/24 size jeans to a large shirt and 12/14 jeans. I am so glad I decided to get this done it has been the best decision i ever made for myself, I love my band!

sbsmiles52
on 8/18/09 12:38 pm - Somerset, WI
I am done 74lbs from my surgery date, March 31st. I have about 58lbs to go. I started out as a size 24/26 - XXL or 3X and now I am about 16/18 and a XL or 1X. My friends can't believe how more outgoing and how more positive I am. My attitude has changed and I am more confident with who I am. I have actually booked a trip to NYC with my sister to reward myself on my progress, granite I am not going until November, but it also gives me some incentive to get to my goal and keep the workouts going. Congrats on everyone with their weight loss sucess!
lorielowrider
on 8/19/09 4:44 pm - Huntington Beach, CA
I'm on your same boat.  Surgery date 3/11.  Started in same sizes as you, now in size 16 or XL.  Although thats great, this is my longest stall and it's got me worried.  My first goal is to weigh 200lbs, that will be an 87lb loss, and I've been 3-4lbs away from that for about 3 weeks.  I weigh myself every Monday hoping to see the scale drop.  My next goal is the 100lb mark putting me at 187.  I sure hope the stall ends and I jump quickly to that goal.
The talk of the first 6 months being the honeymoon period and then having to work harder at it after that makes me concerned about the scale not moving.  Then reading the high loss numbers of everyone else (again........I know I shouldn't compare) makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong.  There is so much I still don't eat.  There is still more weight I want to come off!!

sbsmiles52
on 8/19/09 9:34 pm - Somerset, WI
Have you tried mixing up your exercise routine? I know I try to mix mine up, this way too I don't get bored with it, and remember that you could be gaining muscle and that weighs more, so the weight loss could be balanced out by you building muscle. Also you could be loosing the inches too. Just remember to stay positive. I know it is easier said then done, I have had my bad days also. But everyone around me is so positive and encouraging and I think that helps me a lot. My boss at my 2nd job is always on me about workouts and what I am eating, I work part-time at a bar & grill, so I am always by the fatty foods. Yes, it can get old, but in away I am glad he does it.
siberiancat
on 8/20/09 6:27 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I am doing great.  My weight loss is lower but guess I'm considered a "lightweight" and it comes off slower.  I'm doing everything I should with 90-100 gm protein a day, 120+ OZ of fluid, supplements, exercise, etc.

My plan allows me 4 oz food per meal and I stick to that unless I'm having a protein shake and I can drink much more because it just slides down.

I can't eat dense protein in the evening.  As the day goes on I feel full and if I eat dense protein, I have trouble getting my evening meds down.

I really won't be 5 months till next week, but close enough.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Julie M.
on 8/20/09 1:56 pm - Victorville, CA
My five month with be in 3 more days.  I'm down 60 pounds.  I was in a size 22 pants - 3x top and I now wear a size 14/16 pants and xl top.  I feel a million times better.  I have tons more energy!  Glad you all are doing well and look forward to next month's update.

HW 263
SW 254
computer_nerd
on 8/21/09 6:49 am
Congratulations to everyone. My 5 month anniversary is on the 25th. I have lost 104 pounds (10 pre-op) and I feel wonderful. As for clothes, I can wear some 14's, some 16's and some 18's. It just depends on the brand. I have alot more energy. I eat about 800-1200 calories per day. 800 if its mostly protein, 1200 if I don't pay attention to the dressings and other extra calories. I wasn't really worried about eating full calorie full fat dressings when I was only able to eat 1/2 cup of food but now I have started to really watch it because it will put me up to the 1200 cal mark quickly. I still don't eat white carbs or sugar. I have also not had a carbonated drink since surgery and do not plan to. I live on Crystal light peach tea and lemonade. I don't do protein drinks anymore because I get the recommended amounts from food. I have about 46 more pounds until goal. I go through the 2 week loss/ 2 week stall like most of you. I up my water and change what I eat when I feel like I am stalling and that seems to help. Thank you all for sharing. It's nice to see that everyone is succeeding!

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
ajordan
on 8/25/09 12:07 am - Albertville, MN
Hi -

My 5 month surgiversary is tomorrow.  Since my surgery was late in the month I feel like I am always late for the party!

I am down 48 pounds, whi*****ludes 7-1/2 pounds during the LD.  I have had to travel a lot since surgery and it has been a real struggle for me to stay on track.  In fact right now I am on vacation in Beaver Creek, CO.  There is a very nice exercise room at the place we are staying so I am definitely taking advantage of it. 

Even though I seem to be a very slow loser I am thrilled with my loss so far.  I just need to focus and go the last mile before the honeymoon period closes.  I am down from a size 22 pants to a 16 and have lost 6 inches off my hips alone!

Congrats to everyone and their success so far! 
   245 10 day LD / 237.5 SW / 184 CW / 167 GW

Melody L.
on 8/27/09 3:50 am - Keizer, OR
I am a bit past my 5 month anniversary date, I had surgery March 17th.  I have lost 59.2 pounds since surgery and 81.2 total.  I am closing in on Onederland very soon so I'm happy about that.  We are going on vacation to Disney World in a few days and I was hoping to be a few pounds lighter than I am right now, but I'm still happy with how I'm feeling.  Everyone keeps saying how they are losing slowly, but other than a few who have lost 80 or more pounds since surgery it looks like most of us are around the 55 to 65 pound mark.  I am less concerned with the number on the scale these days, since I'm feeling so much better about myself, but I do still hate to get on the scale and see no loss on any given week, lol.  I'm hoping that all the walking we will be doing at Disney World will give me a big loss when we return!! 
~Melody~  5'6" Tall, 42 years old

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1093 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 955 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1049 views