Recent Posts

MrsMassInk
on 8/19/10 3:09 am - MA
Topic: RE: What's everyone eating these days?
Congratulations!  130 is an amazing amount of weight to lose!  I need to go back to the basics for a couple weeks and get myself back on track.  High protein, low carbs, lots of water and EXERCISE!!!  Need to lose the last 25 so I can wear a 4-6 too!
Tina Marie

Be the change that you want to see in the world ~ Ghandi 
Julie M.
on 7/28/10 4:18 am - Victorville, CA
Topic: RE: What's everyone eating these days?
I was within 3 pounds of my goal, but I have put back on 5 pounds.  That is a scary feeling after losing so consistently for over a year.  I'm still eating a lot of the same stuff, but my body will tolerate larger portions and more carbs and sugar than it would before.  On a good day I'm eating about 100 grams of protein and 1,300 calories.  On a bad day, I'm still eating high protein but add in way too many carbs and calories.  Probably as high as 1,900.  I'm trying to get back on track and it's easier than before surgery, but still takes way more willpower (that dirty word) than it did at first.  I usually do great until around 8 in the evening and then I want junk!  I'm determined not to let this get the best of me though.  I like wearing a size 4-6 and I'm not willing to give that up!

HW 263
SW 254
MrsMassInk
on 7/27/10 4:13 am - MA
Topic: What's everyone eating these days?
I lost over 100 then lost my momentum.  I have not gained, but I still have 25 lbs I'd like to lose.  Where is everyone at and what is a typical days calories/protien for you?
Tina Marie

Be the change that you want to see in the world ~ Ghandi 
Brittnie S.
on 6/25/10 4:11 am - NV
Topic: RE: Official Before and After Photos
you look AMAZING! congrats on all your successes! Keep up the good work

computer_nerd
on 5/30/10 11:58 am
Topic: Official Before and After Photos
Hello all. It's been a while since I have posted. I just wanted to share my official before and after photos.

Highest Weight 314 pounds March 2009

Goal weight- 165 pounds May 2010.

RNY March 25, 2009
TT with Muscle Tightening and Lipo March 10, 2010

Thanks for all the wonderful advice and support!

Pre-Op 314, Surgery Day 304, Goal 165        
WVpaob
on 5/12/10 12:31 pm
Topic: RE: Hows everyone doing?

Hi, all.  I'm Pat from West Virginia.  I'm down about 107 pounds and it is harder than ever now!  I think it's the head hunger thing.  I have restriction but find myself cruising the kitchen looking for something I shouldn't have.  I've been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for about two months.  I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow to discuss a fill.  Hopefully that will help.  Hope everyone is enjoying spring!!  Hugs, Pat

pattipetro
on 5/6/10 1:48 am - Covington, GA
I missed posting on my 1 year surgiversity, but I am doing very well.  I'm down 122 lbs and only 26 lbs from my goal of 140!  My energy level is amazing and I am doing things I never dreamed I could do. 

Congratulations on reaching onederland and know that you can achieve your goal with persistance.  I had virtually stopped my weight loss for more than 4 months,,,,,,,,,why?  because I stopped using my tool and lost my focus.  Now I am back to exercise, water, protein, and low carb and have lost 6lbs in the last week.  The tool is still there, I just not neglect to use it.

Best of luck to everyone and congratuiations on your successful journey to a healthier life!

Patti

Kymberlib9
on 4/28/10 10:51 pm
REALIZE Band on 03/06/09 with
HI all

I am Kym from NJ.  I had my surgery on 3-6-09 and am down 121 as of today.  I feel so much better and reallllly need to buy new clothes!
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/10 3:56 am
Topic: RE: Anyone else feel like they are blowing it
I actualy did not have the sleave.  I had RNY, it worked really great for me.  I keep my calorie intake around 800-1000.  I probably should increase it, but I am happy with the weight loss I have had, and I want to keep it up. 
davemdg
on 4/26/10 3:46 am
Topic: RE: Anyone else feel like they are blowing it
HI DANIEL: Nice to see there are a few other 'guys' who've had the sleeve. Ironically, my sleeve was also done in March of 2009. My HW was 417 and today I've at 256 though I've been holding in the 250's for a couple of months now. I'm only eating 800-1000 calories daily but a few low-carb beers and martinis are probably not helping LOL.

I'm older than you (I'm 56) but apparently our journeys were quite similar. Health-wise everything is great except for some recent nausea & weakness spells which I'm told is probably my Gall bladder. Anywho, congrats on all your good work and your new life! Drop me a line if you'd like ([email protected]) to compare notes.

s/ Dave from Louisiana's Cajun Country

[Dear Lord: Please DELIVER ME from the humorless people of the world!] 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Almost 4 yrs - Checking in
Chootles · 2 replies · 1067 views
Happy third surgiversary!
BobF4 · 2 replies · 1094 views
2 years Post Op
Brittnie S. · 0 replies · 956 views
Success?????
viar · 5 replies · 1050 views