I'm home and feel GREAT!

brooklynneedsme
on 4/17/09 7:13 am - Clayton, NC
I had my LapBand surgery yesterday at 9:35am. It went wonderful. I was in recovery at about 10:30. I didn't need pain medication until about 1pm. They moved me from recovery at about 1:30 (waiting for a bed). When I got to my room, I walked the halls for about 10 minutes and that felt awesome. It felt so good to burp and toot to get the gas out. So many people talked about the gas and how bad it hurt, but I did not have much pain, it was more like a dull ache. I only had pain meds two other times. I walked about every hour for about 10 minutes. I slept through the night except when they cam in to check vitals. I was released today at about 9am. I am home now and feeling great. I have not had to take any pain meds. The gas is going away the more I walk. So my only advice is WALK! And sip your water or fluids! I had jello in the hospital (diet sugar free) it was great and i had it about every 4 hours, granted i could only take about 3 spoon fulls. I am so ready for this journey! Best of luck to those who are getting the WLS in the future! Best decsion I ever made!!
Stefanie

Starting Weight: 285
Surgery: 276
Current: 235
Goal Weight: 150
miss_jill
on 4/17/09 8:12 am - Robinson, IL
Hi It's Jill, and I had my surgery on April 14th, so I am in your shoes, and feeling great...but pretty sore and swollen stomach.  Im like you too, I didn't have much gas at all, I was dreading that part that everyone seemed to have.  Im down to 1 pain pill and sometimes dont even need it.  I sure wished I would of done this earlier in my life...but for now, welcome to the losers bench!  Take care and would love to hear about your progress.....Jill
Jamie R.
on 4/17/09 9:48 am
Be thankful my dears.  I had RNY on wenesday and my gas pains are so, so bad. I really hope that this gets better very quickly. Best of luck to both of you. As I have been told the hard part is over...
Jamie
May 22, 2009 Onederland!

256/228.6/161/130
Starting/Surgery/Current/
Goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 726 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 877 views
April 13, 2009 people...