One week post-op!

WyoGirl
on 4/20/09 3:00 am - Casper, WY

Today is my 1 week surgiversary! I am home....and feeling better every day!

I have to admit that this is the most painful thing I have ever endured, but well worth every bit of it. While you are in the hospital, no matter how much it hurts, you have to walk, walk, walk!!!! My first night out of surgery was the worst, I got a little cranky with the nurses every time I had to walk....lol of course I appologized later. I actually ended up with 5 small incisions, and then the drain. I still have my drain in but will have it removed tomorrow at my follow up appointment. The pain gets better every day.

THE STATS:

Highest Weight = 298 lbs.

Weight after 6 month medically supervised weight loss program = 294

Day of Surgery after 2 day liquid diet = 288 lbs.

1 Week Post-Op = 271 lbs.

The weight is just falling off every day....THIS WAS SOOOO WORTH IT!

Anyone with questions, feel free to ask.....I am eager to share my experience with anyone that will listen.

Tamilynn
on 4/20/09 6:04 am
i will be 2 weeks wednesday. I have the same amount of incisions as you except my drain was removed while i was in the hosplital. FYI getting that drain out hurts like a ***** for about 2.5 seconds and its over. I have lost about 20lbs so far and it is awesome. You are sooo right, the pain and agony was well worth it. I am almost to the point where my body feels somewhat normal again. Water is easy for me but i am having issues getting in my protein. Everything tasted nasty at first and slowly i am tolerating more and more. Wednesday i get to start eating slices of lunchmeat and cheese so i am hoping that the more normal food fare will help get me to where i need to be with my protein.

How are you doing with your protein and water?
MsFallsAlot
on 4/20/09 8:45 am - GA
Today is my one-week Post Op day as well.
I have lost 18# and feeling a little run down...but so glad I did this.
Like you guys it was much more painful than I had prepaired myself for but oh soo worth it. Today is the first day I've wanted something real to eat! I'm so tired of fluids and shakes. Its all good I'll push through it.

Best of wishes everybody.

Start weight = 253
Weight today = 236.4
I've lost some inches in various places too.

~Cindi~

ADRIENNE W.
on 4/21/09 4:28 am - DETROIT, MI
Hi All,
           I'm one week post-op today also.  I agree, this was a bit more painful than I expected.  I figured I had bounced back from my gall bladder surgery pretty easy, this was nothing like that gall bladder surgery! It too was laparascopic, but that's where the similarities end. I'm still dragging, but each day is better than the day before, but Gee Wiz I'm sore.  I bid everyone a speedy recovery.  How are you all coming along with your meals(I use that term very loosely).  I'm not hungry, I just want to chew something for a change.
Take care,
Adrienne
Adrienne W.

WyoGirl
on 4/21/09 10:54 am - Casper, WY
Meals are coming along pretty good, I am amazed at the amount of food that my body is living on!!!   I have had a few hungry feelings, but nothing that isn't curbed by a bite of jello or half a s/f popsicle. How is your water intake?
Natalie3370
on 4/21/09 7:40 am
Today I am 6 day's post op, one week post op will be tomorrow, I feel great, and I am sitll on the liquid diet, are you?

my highest : 265
Now: 243
WyoGirl
on 4/21/09 10:55 am - Casper, WY
Yes, I am still on the liquid diet! I will be for another 4-5 days and then move on to the next stage. I had my drain and staples removed today, and fee a whole lot better!
ADRIENNE W.
on 4/21/09 11:32 am - DETROIT, MI
My water intake is ok.  Sometimes it feels like it's "stuck".  At this point, I am soooo tired of sf anything.  Everything tastes so ding-danged sweet right now.  I'm trying to not eat instant potatoes- don't want a weight gain before I get out of the gate really well.  Doing well with Dannon Light & Fit. My best friend asked if I was craving anything right now, actually I would almost sell my first born for a couple slices of roasted turkey breast...I said almost!  I'm just waiting on pureed, right now ff re fried beans and lf cheddar cheese sounds like Thanksgiving dinner.  If any of you have any ideas, I'm open.
Take care,
Adrienne
Adrienne W.

jessikaw
on 4/22/09 11:52 am
I had surgery April 10th. I had the Sleeve done. Everything is going good. Surgery couldnt have been better, the revocery was awesome. I did get super emotional for the longest. I would cry and was so mad that I had the surgery. But I think im back to "normal" now. I have been nibbling on soft chicken and taters. Although I dont technically start the pureed food till Friday. There are times when i wanna gulp my water like crazy, but I can handle big sips. I have been drinking tea with splenda, so that helps keep my hydrated. The protein is uhhhh, YUCK. Im on the designer whey. I mean its tolerable, but I prefer my meat! LOL.  I still cant wait to have a cookie, or a full size dinner. I mean the meat, veggies, and fruit! Im about ready to start exercising. Im down almost 25 pounds, but my clothes still fit the same, so not sure where the weight is coming off. Anyways, hope yall have are doing good.
jaycee719
on 4/28/09 4:15 am - Marietta, GA

Hi Jessikaw,

My surgery was 4/15/09 and I've lost 23 lbs and my clothes still fit.  I don't get it.    I'm getting a little sad.

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 726 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 877 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 763 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1292 views