HELP, just home from hospital and lump in my chest...

clacognata
on 4/28/09 8:22 am - Westmont, IL
I had a lap band this past Friday put over gastric bypass (6 years ago), and due to dehighdration and no BM, just got home from the hospital today.  I am drinking 2-3 oz. 3 times a day.  It goes down fine, no throwing up, no pain.....but I have an awful lump in my chest that fells like something is stuck.  In my mind I keep thinking if I just keep swallowing it will go away, but I have had nothing but liquids for 3 weeks, so I know it's not any food stuck.  It is taking me about 1 hour to eat the 3 oz of full liquids now (i'm eating cream of soups), but is this feeling in my chest normal.  The nurse says that I should not be able to feel the band, but I am feeling something!  I am waiting for the surgeon to call me back now, but I thought I would ask people who may have had this same feeling, cause it's real hard to discribe.

Please let me know if you have ideas what can cause this.

Cara
christyt3
on 4/30/09 11:59 pm - Kirksville, MO
Cara -

Just checking to see if you found an answer for the feeling you described in your post.  I was banded on 4/28 and I did not have any of the symptoms that you had.  Did you post on the LapBand board?  Everyone there is always very helpful with whatever you have going on!  Please let us know how you are!

Christy

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

clacognata
on 5/14/09 10:58 pm - Westmont, IL
All the symptoms have gone away.............lump in chest was due to swelling. The feeling went away by about 10 days after surgery.  Thanks for checking up on me,  I am feeling so much better now.
christyt3
on 5/15/09 12:24 am - Kirksville, MO
Great!  Glad to hear that all is well! 

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 725 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 876 views
April 13, 2009 people...