My Date is May 7th

juliathomas
on 4/13/07 1:35 am - Douglasville , GA
I'm so excieded and scared My Husband very supportive of me as always but I'm getting alot of crap from my Mother in Law she said its because shes concerned but I know its because she does'nt wont me to be smaller then she is. My aunt had the the WLS 2 years ago she looks awesome 150lband my Mother in law alway talks about how bad she looks She tell everyone that were around all the negitive thing that could happen from haveing the surgery so it startes a whole debate about how I dont need surgery Bla...Bla...Bla...Bla...Bla... I'm tired of haveing to defend myself. I'm haveing this WLS I love her and she will get over it! Thank you my sopport team from OH I could'nt have done it with you and thanks for letting me complain LOL GOD BLESS JULIA
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/07 3:44 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Hi Julia, My surgery is May 7th also. I am very scared. My husband is very supportive too. I know this is the right thing to do and it will lengthen my life and my health will improve. Some of my friends are questioning me having it done because they are worried but this surgery is done so often that they have it down to a science. I am putting myself in God's hands and I know both you and I will be fine. My daughter had her gastric bypass two years ago and is at her goal weight and looks absolutely beautiful. She is very supportive too. Hang in there.....we will soon be "LOSERS". What hospital are you having yours at? I am having my at Parkview Community Hospital in Riverside, California. Good luck, Hugs, Esther
juliathomas
on 4/13/07 4:23 am - Douglasville , GA
Thank you Esther I live in Carrollton Georgia my surgery will be at Atlanta Medical Center in Atlanta. Good luck and God bless. JULIA
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/07 5:57 am - Basom, NY
My surgery date is also May 7th. We are all going to be on the losers bench together. I know what you mean about relatives not being supportive. My sister told me " I am not that unhappy with my life" to do something like that. She is the same size as I am. I think she is just jealous because I will be smaller than her. Good thing we have each other!!! Betsy
juliathomas
on 4/15/07 7:52 am - Douglasville , GA
Thank God for the support I have found on this site. I was talking to my Brother in law Girl friend yesterday and boy did I see the big Green ugly jealous monster rear its head she said you will never be smaller than me! she at 170lb I was like This is not a compation! I'm doing this for me not anyone else. I wanted to slap her but I smilles instead and it that made her mad. This is when I cant wait for my new life. Good Luck. your sister will get over it. JULIA
Brenie
on 4/16/07 8:23 pm - Abita Springs, LA
I am also going to be joining ya'll on the 7th on the loser's bench, can't wait have been actively been trying since July of 2006 to get WLS and finally got it. It will be at Ochsner's Hospital in New Orleans, LA. They have two great doctors that do the surgery and a wonderful staff.
juliathomas
on 4/17/07 10:17 am - Douglasville , GA
CONGRATS looking foward to seeing you on the losers bench good luck!
hope H.
on 4/23/07 4:45 am - mesa, AZ
I also am having the rny on the 7th of May. It will be done in Phoenix by Dr Fang. My husband and children are very supportive and will be of great help after the surgery. I have only told a select amount of people as I live away from the extended family and want to surprise them when I go up for a wedding in August. I have told all of my co workers and they are very supportive. Good luck to all of you May 7th' ers Hope
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 579 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1220 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1186 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 959 views