Pre-op Appts

JMerth
on 4/14/07 2:27 am - Hudson, PA
I was called by my surgon's office the other day. They had all my pre-op appts scheduled & I had to laugh I never expected there to be so many. I have my lab work & pre-op physical on the 17th, & get this on the 18th I have an appt at 9:45 am at the hospital business office to complete my paper work for the insurance company, an appt at 10:15 with my nurse practitionar, an appt at 11:15 to meet with my surgeon & appt at 12:55 to meet with the anesthesiologist. I also have an appt on the 23rd for the lifestyle change seminar. I start my liquid protien shake & salad diet on the 17th. Woo-Hoo here we go we're on the roll now. The closer it gets to my surgery the more excited I get so I'm glad they keep you busy with all these appts other wise I would be crawling up the wall with anticipation like a kid waiting for his parents to let them open there present on christmas morning. I can't wait to begin to my new life.
Mrs. SmartiePants
on 4/15/07 2:48 am
Pre-op appointments were interesting. Mine were way back in March, and same thing, I got there at 8:30 in the morning, and had test after test until 5 that afternoon. It was really long, it would have been nice to split it up a bit. Have fun!
T.Rob W.
on 4/15/07 2:32 pm - Charlotte, NC
My favorite pre-op was the psych eval. After I saw the doctor they had me take a test on their computer. There would be a statement and you would have to rate how much you agreed or disagreed with it. In real life I'm a bit of a boring homebody but in my professional life I am a consultant. So when they ask a question designed to see how narcissistic you are... "Other people are very interested in what I have to say." 0( ) 1( ) 2( ) 3( ) 4( ) 5( ) ...how do I respond? My living depends on *some* people being very interested in what I have to say, but the rest of the world? There were dozens of questions like this one, and for every one, they had it's opposite somewhere down the line: "People are indifferent toward me." 0( ) 1( ) 2( ) 3( ) 4( ) 5( ) By the time I finished the test, I wanted another hour with the doctor! :spin: Well, have fun with all your appts. Sounds like you are very positive, I'm sure you'll breeze through them all! -- T.Rob
JMerth
on 4/15/07 11:56 pm - Hudson, PA
Lol I know what you mean I had my psych eval on March 30th, now I just have to get on with everything else. Which is bound to be a fun & interesting experiance (if you know what I mean) lol thank's for the responding I appriciate all the positive feedback it makes me more confident & relived to know I've got people to talk with who understand what I'm experiancing thank you
lv2beasahm
on 4/16/07 2:51 am - Pennsville, NJ
Gee, I feel ripped off. It took me 38 minutes to go to the Psych's office, I waited in the waiting room 5 minutes filling out paperwork. I literally sat in front of him for 4 minutes and I was done. LOL And here I thought I'd have to act like an adult and normal for much longer. LOL Those tests can be pretty goofy. I must have done something right because his one paragraph writeup said I was sane and knew what I was doing. * Cyndi *
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 578 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1218 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1186 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 958 views