May 7th Surgeries

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/07 6:42 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
I am scheduled for my surgery on May 7th. I had my pre-op tests done today and my chest Xray is Monday and then I meet with my surgeon, Dr. Krahn on May 1st, to go into detail on what he will be doing and to go over all my pre-op tests. Then on May 2nd, I go to the hospital and get pre-admitted. After that it's the waiting game. I am soooooooooo excited but nervous. I am now on Liquid protein 2 times a day and 4 oz of meat and a green vegetable for dinner. No sodium, caffine or soda of any kind. I started taking 1000 Mg of vitamin C a day to make sure I don't get sick because I work at a school and I don't want to get the flu or a cold. If you are as excited as I am, let's talk about the waiting game and the count down. Smiles, Esther
Schatzi G.
on 4/19/07 10:25 am - Litchfield, IL
That is great... I had my pre-op tests on Monday and on my 2 week liquid diet.. I too am very excited and nervous at the same time.. We will make it, it will be there before we know it...
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/07 1:45 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Where are you having your surgery done? We will do great. It will be over before you know it and we will start our journey of weight loss. I am on liquids now and it is really hard but I have to do it. Good luck and keep me posted on your progress.
Kelly B.
on 4/20/07 5:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Esther, Congrats & Good Luck!!!!!! My surgery date is May 17th and I start the liquids on May 3rd. I am also excited and nervous!!!! Kelly
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/07 6:12 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Hi Kelly, Congratulations on your surgery date. May 17th is my birthday and I will be praying for your quick recovery. This is a great surgery and I know so many people who have had it done and are loving life. I want to be one of those people and that is why I am having this surgery. I just wi**** were over because I go though all kinds of emotional ups and downs which is normal. The hardest part of this WLS is the liquid protein diet. It's hard because we have normal stomachs and never feel full but after the surgery it will take very little to fill us up. Take care and hang in there......it won't be long now! Your Friend, Esther
Brenie
on 4/22/07 9:28 am - Abita Springs, LA
Hello everyone I also am having Lap RNY on May 7th it will be done at Ochsner's in New Orleans, LA. I am having an appt. with my PCP doctor on Tuesday, then meet up with Dr. Kennedy on April 27th and am starting the liquid diet on Monday the 22cd of April. Good luck with ya'll's surgeries.
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/07 1:02 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
So you are having both the Lab Band and the RNY? My doctor is doing the ring and the RNY. I am wondering if that is the same as the one you are having. I am excited for you and I know we will both do very well. Soon we will be "LOSERS". Friends, Esther
Brenie
on 4/23/07 1:58 am - Abita Springs, LA
No I am having laporscopic RNY, sorry for the confusion.
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/07 2:41 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Cool, I wish I could have mine laproscoply. Mine is open surgery. You will have a very quick recovery. I am happy for you. Keep me posted on how you are doing. Friends, Esther
hope H.
on 4/23/07 4:36 am - mesa, AZ
May 7th is the date for me too. Dr Fang in Phoenix will be the surgeon. I have to have all the pre-op stuff to do tuesday the 23 rd. Besides that all is done. woooo hoooo!! I am diabetic with an insulin pump so I have been seeing my endocrinologist to make sure there is a smooth transition after surgery. I am excited!! Good luck to all of you May 7th' ers Hope
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 578 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1218 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1186 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 958 views