May 1st, here I come.....

Schatzi G.
on 4/27/07 10:21 am - Litchfield, IL
Well, it has been a long hard battle... I received a call from my insurance company today, my caseworker on this surgery just wanted to check in with me, asked me if I am ready for the surgery and if the doctor expained everything to me. She was really nice about the whole thing... I was shocked, have never heard of such a thing. She wanted to make sure that I had a ride to the hospital, a ride home, someone there with me, then she wished me luck and told me she would call me a couple of days after the surgery to see how I was doing.... Has anyone ever heard of that before????? It was a first for me..... Another issue that I will ask for your prayers.... I have decided with my "re-birth", that if I can go through this, I can go through anything... Well, I have been dating this man for almost 6 years now, I have allowed him to lie to me, to cheat on me and have just sat by and forgave him time and time again... Now, I am not a stupid person, just very self conscience about my appearance and just figured I couldn't get anyone better. Well, you know what, I CAN..... I have a lot to offer someone and just want to get on with my life without being miserable... He has known that I am going to be having surgery and I have not heard from him for a week now... That week has given me a lot of time to think... It is not that I haven't thought before, but I really think that I can let him go now.. I hope this makes sense, I know that I may be rambling, I would just like to ask for all your prayers not only with my surgery on Tuesday, but with ending this miserable part of my life.... Thank you for all your support!!!
grammymel
on 4/27/07 10:44 am - Bolivar, OH
Good luck with surgery. It is so close. And it's good that you are realizing that life is too short to be stuck in that kind of relationship. Change is never easy but more often than not, turns out better than you could imagine and you wonder why you didn't do it long ago. Best wishes and keep us posted. Mel
Mrs. SmartiePants
on 4/28/07 12:06 am
I have never heard of it before, but when I went to pick my cheque up from the bank, the teller was extremely interested in my surgery and she wished me luck and told me to come back and visit I'm so sorry you have to be going through a relationship ending right now of all times, but you seem to have the right attitude. You don't deserve a man who cheats and doesn't treat you like an absolute princess like you should be treated. This 're-birth' is going to be so great for you, self-confidence and all. Hang in there buddy.
sunny_06
on 4/28/07 3:03 am - knoxville, TN
VSG on 05/02/07 with
Hey darlin' Some of us grow wiser at differnt times in our lives............... yours is just happening at the same time as you prepare for this surgery. You remember that there are other people here for support as you becone that new person. You will grow stronger,ever day, and usually when a love match doesn't want the best for us, that relationship ends on it's own.................. AS you learn to love yourself, you'll learn to find one who loves you for who you are.............. and it will be beautiful!! Love, and prayers, Karen
Schatzi G.
on 4/28/07 6:26 am - Litchfield, IL
Thank you for all your support. Surgery is Tuesday. 3 more days... I can honestly say I am very excited...
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/07 11:10 am - Basom, NY
I have never heard of that either!! (but it's great too!) I posted before how I feel empowered now. I think it is great you are taking charge of your life in all areas. You deserve to be treated with respect and it sounds like you haven't been. Good for you!! Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery!! ~~Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 585 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1234 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1195 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 967 views