Surgery Date approaching, and SCARED outta my mind

kapples
on 4/29/07 12:00 pm - Tonawanda, NY
Hi. My surgery is shceduled for May 14th, 2 wks from tomarrow. I am starting to get really nervous. Is this normal?? I also wnated to know what r some of the best protein shakes out there?? Let me know
armra1967
on 4/29/07 12:39 pm - Lakewood, NY
I know exactly how you are feeeling. My surgery is 5/29 and I too am nervous. From all I hear, this is normal. I related it to a bride's feelings of "cold feet" before the wedding. It'll be okay for both of us. This is a good place to visit. Know that I am sending positive energy your way.
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/07 2:43 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Hi April, My surgery is May 7th and I am a crazy lady right now. I can't concentrate on anything and I don't hear people when they ask me something....it's like I am in a surgery tunnel. Everyone tells me that is normal. So hang in there. The thing that keeps me going is being on OH and hearing everyone say, they would do it again. So if they are saying that, then I can do this. I will let you know next week after I get home, how it went. Hugs, Esther
RoyL
on 4/29/07 2:16 pm - sulphur, LA
just set back an think how cool your life will be when its over . i am having mine done 5/2/07 wed. 11:am baton rouge dr hargrorder. sometime we gota do what we gota do. so just relax and let it flow
alligatorpgr
on 4/29/07 2:50 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
It's very normal to feel nervous before any surgery. Just take these next two weeks and drink lots of water, cut down on sugar, carbs and fats....Prepare your body, mind, and soul for surgery and recovery....We are all here if you need anything.... Best wishes Alli
Courtney O.
on 4/29/07 11:59 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
RNY on 05/17/07 with
I'm scheduled for May 17th---and I'm nervous too! It's definitely normal...I think most people go through it at some point. As for protein shakes...I'm still taste-testing. I did try putting 1 1/2 oz (3 Tablespoons) of a Grape New Whey protein bullet in about 12 oz of bottled water w/ a SF Tropical punch kool-aid packet...3 Tbsp has 21 grams of protein. It actually tasted really good. Hopefully I can tolerate this after surgery. I'm gonna try the other 2 flavors (Fruit punch and orange) and also try some different flavors of SF kool-aid. I'll let you know if I figure out any other tasty combinations. Courtney
Courtney O.
on 4/30/07 2:23 am - Grand Prairie, TX
RNY on 05/17/07 with
Okay...so I also got my Whey Gourmet milk chocolate in today. I just mixed it with 6oz skim Milk (about 60 calories)...and 1 scoop of powder (130 calories). So in total it ends up being about 27g of protein w/ the milk and the powder and about 190 calories. Not too bad. It actually tastes pretty good. At first I just started drinking it mixed with the milk--but I couldn't get it mixed well enough since I don't have a shaker cup yet. So I ended up throwing it in the blender with about 5 ice cubes. It's better that way to me. I think I could get away with only using 4 oz of milk if I made it in shake form. It definitely isn't too sweet the way I made it this time. I think I like this one! No aftertaste AND it doesn't smell bad! I also got the AcheivOne coffee drinks in the mail. I put one in the fridge--so I'll let you know later once I try it. =) Courtney
sunny_06
on 4/30/07 4:09 am - knoxville, TN
VSG on 05/02/07 with
Sweet kid, Just remember that it takes a brave person to decided to change their life!! And you will have such a happy, healthy long way to enjoy it!! I applaude your courage. I have several posts on here from about a week or so ago, and one says, I am not afraid!! If you care to read that, I hope it helps you....................... And, remember, that all of us are in this together, and no where will you find anyone who understands what you are going thru like you will here................. So anytime we can help................... jump in and tell us!! http://www.singingfool.com/default.asp?frame=/musicvideo.asp%3Fpublishedid% 3D25640 THis is my theme song!! And, I KNOW I'm gonna fly!! Be blessed and be a blessing!!........ Karen
shevy
on 4/30/07 4:20 am - charleston, SC
hey mines the same day and i am losing it. it is normal my aunt and other people i watch go through this process was the same way as the date got closer and closer it is normal and this board helps chat with the vets
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 586 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1234 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1195 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 967 views