Need help...please

pvtporch
on 4/29/07 8:39 pm - CA
Hi All, I am 2 nights and a wake-up away. I have suddenly gotten so nervous that I want to eat, everything, anything. Talk about sabotaging my success, I'm 5 pds under goal no room for a binge. I have been so excited and have worked so hard to get here. I know this is the right thing for me and I have every confidence in my surgeon (Dr. Park)so what is wrong with me? I'm not questioning the decision or second guessing myself, but suddenly I find myself, grieving, food. Is the fat girl in me fighting to survive? I made my peace with her, said goodbye to her and have been preparing emotionally and physically to continue on this journey without her, permanently. So where is all this hunger, negative urges and overwhelming sorrow coming from and has anyone else felt this way when almost on the walk to the OR? Thanks in advance, Carol
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/07 2:50 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Carol, I am going through all same crazy emotions that you are feeling so you are not alone. I worship food and that is why I need this surgery. All our family events revolve around food and probably 90% of the people that are getting this surgery feel the same way. We aren't saying goodbye to food, but hello to health and happiness and someday we will be able to have food again, but in much smaller quantities. You can do this! I am here for you. Love, Esther
pvtporch
on 4/30/07 4:03 pm - CA
Esther, I'm clutching your arm and holding onto those hugs! Thanks. I know this is right. Sure need this board right now. Thanks again
sunny_06
on 4/30/07 3:36 am - knoxville, TN
VSG on 05/02/07 with
Carol, You are simply fighting that same person you have been every time you go on a diet......... My ex husband used to say that he couldn't understand why I couldn't lose this as I am a strong willed person............... I told him that was why........... I had to fight myself!! I told my PCP when she tried to tell me that she would rather went to WW rather than have this surgery.................. I would give up ALL FOOD forever if I could............ That's how badly I want this permanent weightloss!! Keep looking for what you can have................and have that!! And, just think, this is the last time you will ever have to be the size you are................. and the time is almost here................. You CAN do it!! You can!! I am sending a hug your way.............. you remember that everytime you wanna give in to that hunger.......... Just think............. we'll never be hungry like that again!! Be blessed! Karen
pvtporch
on 4/30/07 4:06 pm - CA
Karen, you are a blessing. Thanks so much for this heartfelt response. This is why the boards are so important.
armra1967
on 4/30/07 5:32 am - Lakewood, NY
Carol, I am 29 days away from Lap RNY and am also experienceing those cold feet feelings. Coming here really helps, it's the best place for us. The positive energy and support pulls me back from the clutches of my fat self whenever I fell like you do. WE CAN DO THIS CAROL!!
pvtporch
on 4/30/07 4:01 pm - CA
Thank you April. I feel a little better, and I'm NOT eating.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 586 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1234 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1195 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 967 views