6 days to go - HELP

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/07 6:52 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
All I think about is the surgery. I can't work, I am in a Surgery Tunnel. I live on OH and at night I can't sleep. I try to keep busy but my mind wanders back to the surgery. I am working different jobs to keep busy so I am not at home thinking. I am so excited but nervous at the same time. My friend Karen is having hers day after tomorrow and she remains calm..... I wish I had her temperment! Anyone getting nervous before surgery? What fears do you have? Love and hugs, Esther
Jean M. B.
on 4/30/07 7:11 am - St. Cloud, MN
Esther, My surg isn't until the end of the month and the nerves haven't set in for me yet. I'm sure they will, tho! We are all different in how we respond to stress. I try to distract myself too. But, instead of work, why don't you try some self-nurturing. Get your nails done, or get a massage. Take a nap, listen to your favorite music, whatever!!!! Maybe that would work for you. If you still feel stressed, at least you'll have nice nails, relaxed bod, feel rested and up to date on your latest cd!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/07 8:11 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Hi Jean, I did get my nails done and that helped a lot. I was fine until this morning when I realized it was only a week away. Annette described my feelings to the T so I am not alone. That's the beauty of all the people on OH, they help us work through all the emotions. We will all be here for you as your time draws closer. Your friend, Love, Esther
KRISSY285
on 4/30/07 12:32 pm - BELLEVILLE, IL
Hello and yes honey im nervous scared anxiety attacks because of no support but it about and for me so who cares im on the ride bucklinng my seat belt oh my I fogbot I cant buckle the seatbelt llooooool but I will soon can you imagine how we are going to look after3 months yeah
Mrs. SmartiePants
on 4/30/07 8:42 am
I'm still waiting to freak out and my surgery is tomorrow! I've been very emotional, crying every half hour but I'm really not nervous for the surgery itself, but, ask me again at 5am when we leave for the hospital I'm not nervous for the surgery because I know this is the tool I need to get my butt into gear and healthy and I'm actually really excited!
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/07 10:47 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Chantal, Today is the big day............ Let us know how you are doing and how you feel. I am so excited for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 586 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1234 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1195 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 967 views