Bad Breath from liquid diet??? Cheated a couple of times!

Kitty99
on 4/30/07 11:20 am
Arrrrrgh! I don't know if it's my allergies or the protein? My breath is awful. I am afraid to speak to anyone, my husband was at least 3 ft from me the other day and he could smell it...... My surgery date is May 8th. Almost one week from now. I can't wait. I am so excited. I have been good about the liquid diet, except I cheated last week and had a small bowl of cereal and tonight a couple of bites of barbecued pork. I hope that doesn't cause big problems. Can it? Have a wonderful week! Kitty
Jamie S.
on 5/1/07 8:38 am - Auburn, IA
Hey Kitty, I don't have a lot of advice on the bad breath from the liquid diet thing because I am starting mine tomorrow, well tomorrow night, I decided that I need to have my last meal and night and I'm getting stuffed. My Dr. is allowing me a low fat, low sugar, high protein diet which is mostly liquids with low fat or fat free cottage cheese as well as raw fruits and vegetables. He wants me to stay under 800 calories but he also is allowing me to have 3 oz of grilled chicken breast plain once a day...he didn't volunteer that upfront, I asked...I have a job where we go out to eat a lot with clients so I needed the ok to have something other than water. Anyway, pork is a white meat, the high fat meats are the red meats. I am sure it didn't "sabotage" anything...it's better to have a sample than the whole thing. Take care and GOOD LUCK!!!!! Wishing you the best during your WLS. Jamie
SusanM07
on 5/1/07 10:25 am - Outside Chitown, IL
Kitty, I am on day 4 of a liquid diet, and I also feel like I have terrible bad breath. Everything I put in my mouth leaves a terrible aftertaste. I hope this goes away soon, or at least after surgery (mine is May 9th). -Susan
ProHelper
on 5/1/07 1:26 pm
Wow, you were reading my mind. My breath is awful. I'm on day two of my liquid diet today and its nasty breath!!! I sure hope it goes away after the operation. I'm afraid to talk to anyone.
Sarafeena
on 5/5/07 1:57 am - Superior, WI
I thought I was imagining this... but I'm on day 3 only.. and have the same feeling ... I've been chewing gum while at work,.. hopefully that helps to mask the smell... LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 586 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1234 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1195 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 967 views