May 14th....my Surgery Date

calhelge
on 4/15/09 2:22 am - West Salem, WI
I'll be joining you all on the loosers bench on May 14th!!!  I'm so excited.  I have a 10 day liquid diet before surgery, anyone else? 
iamfarfaraway
on 4/15/09 7:23 am - Charlotte, NC
Congrats on getting your date.  You can keep a spot on the Loser Bench for me my surgery is May 25th.  I start my liquid diet on May 11th so it is actually 2 full weeks.  .  I know I can do it, not looking forward to it but I guess I will survive, 1st real food after surgery so once to the puree will be really good I'm sure

40 lbs lost pre-op

calhelge
on 4/15/09 10:34 pm - West Salem, WI
Yea, I'm a little freaked out about the whole liquid diet thing.  I'm a snacker and love to snack at work.....I know I can do it but it will be really hard....the hardest day will be the Friday before my surgery because my family has pizza, popcorn and movie night....I'll be drinking a shake!!  Best of luck to you on your surgery!
EOD WIFE
on 4/15/09 5:56 pm - Lawton Ft Sill, OK
Congrats on your date...
Oh yeah the dreaded liquid pre~op diet! I  actually have to do a 14 day not just 10 days.

I  MY RNY 5-5-09    Life is Good
       myxferadd.jpg picture by mikeysbrightstarboobies.gif picture by mikeysbrightstar

calhelge
on 4/15/09 10:37 pm - West Salem, WI
Wow, 14 days, I guess I won't complain about 10!!  I've heard from several people that its a huge mind game and the first three days are the hardest.  A good friend told me that every time she felt hungry she would have a shake.  I am a snacker so this is going to be hard for me,  but I think I'm going to add ice to my shakes at least I can munch on the ice chunks. 
Best of Luck to you, I know you'll do great!!
Jennifer B.
on 4/16/09 1:44 am - East Norriton, PA
Callie...

That is my new birthday also.  I am going through all kinds of emotions right now.  And today I just want it over.  LOL... I have a full two week liquid diet ahead of me which starts on the 30th.  I have already started to cut the sugar beverages and snacks.  I am going to my last supper this weekend with a group of friends.  And then next weekend is my son's birthday party.  I am glad that I am getting all this out of the way so I can focus. 

Good luck and see you on the other side.

Jenn
calhelge
on 4/16/09 1:58 am - West Salem, WI
I'm glad that I have someone to share my birthday with.  Yea, I'm right there with you, I just want it to be done and over with.  I don't have to start my liquid diet until 5/4 which is awesome because I'm going down to Alabama to visit my mother, brother and his family.  I'm thankful that I don't have to my on the liquid diet until I return.  I am planning my last supper out with my hubby to a wonderful Mexican restaurant near our home. 
I was reading your bog and I had to tell you that I met my hubby via the Internet over 10 years ago and we'll celebrate 9 years of marriage in August.  You never know.
Best of luck to you and I look forward to getting to know you better.

~Callie
aphrael
on 4/16/09 5:20 am
Add me to the May 14th club!  I start all my pre-op work next Thursday.  I don't have to do a liquid diet but I am wondering if I should do it anyways.  My dr also didn't have a requirement to lose any weight before hand... makes me wonder lol.  

I'm glad to find people doing this at the same time as me, it makes it less intimidating.  I am going crazy wanting it all to be over and done with. 
calhelge
on 4/16/09 12:05 pm - West Salem, WI
My SIL had the surgery in August of 2007and she didn't have a pre-op liquid diet or a weight requirement....so you're not alone! 
Congratson your surgery!!!  The 14th will be here before we know it!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1394 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1382 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1255 views
132lbs gone!
thisxtooxshallxpass · 7 replies · 1120 views